NEurope
Daft

PSP Go

PSP go also has ingame XMB which the others wont have.

Thats pretty nice and could mean PSN like on the PS3 at some point?

Edited by Choze

Looks very echochrome-ish. Very nice, definitely on my to buy list.

There's something called Echochrono or something coming out.

Replay looks very cool though, my kind of game.

Yeah i got the PS3 one they added user made levels and stuff. Its more of a brain bender at times. You have to think. IMO i like it so this is also on my list :)

PSP go also has ingame XMB which the others wont have.

Thats pretty nice and could mean PSN like on the PS3 at some point?

Surely that can be simply updated via firmware though...I'm holding off "upgrading" till the price comes down but I don't want to miss out by being a 3000 owner (not even owned it for a year yet)

They're one and the same, I believe.

It's possible the Go's XMB access relies on a hardware difference, namely the machine having more RAM to play with or a portion of its Flash memory acting as such; I'm not sure why it would be listed as a new feature were it merely a firmware change.

They're one and the same, I believe.

It's possible the Go's XMB access relies on a hardware difference, namely the machine having more RAM to play with or a portion of its Flash memory acting as such; I'm not sure why it would be listed as a new feature were it merely a firmware change.

But surely if it used flash memory it could use memory cards for the same functions. I'll be pretty pissed off if the Go has a better online service as a result and PSN experience closer to the PS3. Although guess this is no different with what Nintendo has done from DS phat/lite -> DSi.

No the ingame XMB is only for PSPgo. I doubt they can add it in standard PSP without taking RAM. Probably sharing resources with new features like bluetooth chips. Kind of like what they do in PS2 and PS3 for some features?

Still a shitty extra feature...guess it shouldn't affect any future support for trophies as that is mostly run server side...but still annoying...

Edited by flameboy

Still a shitty extra feature...guess it shouldn't affect any future support for trophies as that is mostly run server side...but still annoying...

Ingame xmb is one of the best things about PS3. I am sure they would have added it to the old PSP.

Edited by Choze

Ingame xmb is one of the best things about PS3. I am sure they would have added it to the old PSP.

It's actually pretty useless since while you're playing a game, going to the XMB and choosing most things will ask you to close the game first. It's useful for sending messages to friends, but again; this feature has been present on the 360 from the very beginning so I'd hardly say it's one of the best things about the PS3.

It's actually pretty useless since while you're playing a game, going to the XMB and choosing most things will ask you to close the game first. It's useful for sending messages to friends, but again; this feature has been present on the 360 from the very beginning so I'd hardly say it's one of the best things about the PS3.

It saves steps like you can change to another game quickly, add a game soundtrack or view a movie straight away.

You dont waste time this way and it saves the step of exiting and manually choosing. Big time saver on a basic level and the UI is consistent.

Well it's one of the best features they added, but yeah should have been standard.

It saves steps like you can change to another game quickly, add a game soundtrack or view a movie straight away.

You dont waste time this way and it saves the step of exiting and manually choosing. Big time saver on a basic level and the UI is consistent.

But it doesn't let you view a movie while you're playing the game, does it? I could have sworn it makes you close the game.

That's not the point, he didn't claim that anyway. He just says it says it saves time. Such an Xbox fanboy! lol jks.

Yeah OK, such an insignificant thing to argue about but as I said, it's great compared to what was there before.

Also still a feature the Wii doesn't have and is unlikely to have anytime soon!

Yeah OK, such an insignificant thing to argue about but as I said, it's great compared to what was there before.

Again, I don't argue it's a good feature to have, just that Choze said it's one of the best things about the PS3, which it really isn't. Now let's clip this from becoming something bigger right here, shall we? :)

Yeah well, it's not that great a feature. :p

It doesnt sound special. But in practice its great for people who want to do things in the least amount of steps. It makes it feel like simply changing a channel. Some people love shortcuts :p

OK lets talk about something before this thread becomes a bore-fest, or is it too late for that?

Ok change of discussion here...Just watching Gametrailers E3 Sony Review and everyones "favourite" analyst Micheal Pachter said Sony are ripping off gamers with the PSP Go! He said he knew the relevant costs of the UMD Drive and that is was less than the flash memory that is now in the PSP Slim and Lite..>Presumably bluetooth isn't that expensive either and he said the S&L is already profitable so they are rinsing us for money with the Go!

Hmmm yeah a bit dumb. A lot of money probably went into the design and there's no doubt it will sell well at that price anyway. He doesn't know how much it costs to produce it but assumes his guess is correct.

Hmmm yeah a bit dumb. A lot of money probably went into the design and there's no doubt it will sell well at that price anyway. He doesn't know how much it costs to produce it but assumes his guess is correct.

Yeah I'm guessing he just doing the costing based on the components pricing which is a reasonable meter to be fair and he probably can calculate the cost per unit to manufacture with some degree of accuracy though as well..It's part of his job to work out such things so he can make his reports etc...