NEurope
Daft

PSP Go

Ok change of discussion here...Just watching Gametrailers E3 Sony Review and everyones "favourite" analyst Micheal Pachter said Sony are ripping off gamers with the PSP Go!

XD...

Have I not been saying this somewhere or other for a while. :p

Look I will say that whilst I'm not a fan of the Go thus far (even though I am considering buying one) it is kind of getting tiring reading your posts Sheikah. I know you aren't biased or whatever and I'm not annoyed because you're attacking a Sony console (why would I be anyway?) but to be fair to the Go, it hasn't released yet, it will probably appeal to a large market because of design and size and the thread needs to move on from repetitive complaining.

Look I will say that whilst I'm not a fan of the Go thus far (even though I am considering buying one) it is kind of getting tiring reading your posts Sheikah. I know you aren't biased or whatever and I'm not annoyed because you're attacking a Sony console (why would I be anyway?) but to be fair to the Go, it hasn't released yet, it will probably appeal to a large market because of design and size and the thread needs to move on from repetitive complaining.

Don't read them. I don't care how you feel about reading my posts.

Well I don't want to have to put up with whining posts. It doesn't start anything new; it doesn't add any interesting debate it just circles round into nothingness and by trapping everyone else into the banter my posts become a whisper in a concert.

What's your problem with me? I'd understand if I decided to post about the PSP's costing there out of pure chance, but I was directly responding to someone's post that I had found funny as it was exactly what I had said the other day!

Crikey. Anyone would think I'd splashed holy water onto you. And let's face it; Choze has been far, far worse in the very opposite (pro-PS3 and anti-360) spectrum, but I don't recall much outburst from you.

Well no it's just piss annoying what you're doing because we know Choze is a bit of a fanboy, it's just you have felt the need to remind us of what you have said 10 times already. There wasn't a need for so much argument.

Ok change of discussion here...Just watching Gametrailers E3 Sony Review and everyones "favourite" analyst Micheal Pachter said Sony are ripping off gamers with the PSP Go! He said he knew the relevant costs of the UMD Drive and that is was less than the flash memory that is now in the PSP Slim and Lite..>Presumably bluetooth isn't that expensive either and he said the S&L is already profitable so they are rinsing us for money with the Go!

Yeah i saw that, its not his area though so its about as true as anyone in the street saying that.

There is no logical way the UMD drive is worth much anymore, the 16gb of flash alone is worth much more. Also when it comes to margins complain about Nintendo and MS in that case as they are ridiculous in that regard.

Crikey. Anyone would think I'd splashed holy water onto you. And let's face it; Choze has been far, far worse in the very opposite (pro-PS3 and anti-360) spectrum, but I don't recall much outburst from you.

One thing i dont do is post in 360 topics.

Edited by Choze
Automerged Doublepost

And let's face it; Choze has been far, far worse in the very opposite (pro-PS3 and anti-360) spectrum, but I don't recall much outburst from you.

Oooooh look here. Le Chuck is getting his handbag out :laughing:

Ok change of discussion here...Just watching Gametrailers E3 Sony Review and everyones "favourite" analyst Micheal Pachter said Sony are ripping off gamers with the PSP Go! He said he knew the relevant costs of the UMD Drive and that is was less than the flash memory that is now in the PSP Slim and Lite..>Presumably bluetooth isn't that expensive either and he said the S&L is already profitable so they are rinsing us for money with the Go!

The same could be said for the Wii and the many forms of the DS. A company trying to recoup R&D costs? Ludicrous!

Well no it's just piss annoying what you're doing because we know Choze is a bit of a fanboy, it's just you have felt the need to remind us of what you have said 10 times already. There wasn't a need for so much argument.

So, basically, all I need to do is become a bit of a fanboy. :p

In fairness, the only reason for my PSP Go stance recently is that I found a list of things that just seemed like cash generators for Sony, and not so good for the consumer. I've always liked Sony products, and the PS3 has been a fantastic example of value for money (around its release, the unit was cheaper than most standalone Blu-Ray players). This, though.. (Borat voice): not so much.

Apologies to anyone really looking forward to this, but I'm not one to suppress my opinions. And in forums, opinions often lead to debate, and more debate, and...you get the picture. ;)

The same could be said for the Wii and the many forms of the DS. A company trying to recoup R&D costs? Ludicrous!

Your missing my point slightly...They already make a pretty big margin off the Slim and Lite and now they are making even bigger margin off this. I can understand your point, just because we are used to manufacturers often selling consoles at a lose or minimal profit.

Hehe love that pic of Shigsy holding the PSP Go, he really doesn't look very impressed :p anyway there is a chance I may pick one of these up but it will still be depending on how they price the games, especially with the console price being something like £200 or w/e.

So, basically, all I need to do is become a bit of a fanboy. :p

In fairness, the only reason for my PSP Go stance recently is that I found a list of things that just seemed like cash generators for Sony, and not so good for the consumer. I've always liked Sony products, and the PS3 has been a fantastic example of value for money (around its release, the unit was cheaper than most standalone Blu-Ray players). This, though.. (Borat voice): not so much.

Apologies to anyone really looking forward to this, but I'm not one to suppress my opinions. And in forums, opinions often lead to debate, and more debate, and...you get the picture. ;)

Last i checked DSi got a hefty price increase to above PSP levels. Sony need something to push thier console up. They dont have anywhere near the same argins as Nintendo who would rake it in at even half the DS sticker price.

pspgo1.jpg

Both Game and GameStation are offering pre-orders on PSP Go for £230.

The revamp is to cost $250 in the US and €250 on “the mainland”.

It’s out October 1.

230 GBP = 367.24 USD

230 GBP = 265.11 EUR

Edited by Dante

I'd be (unpleasantly) surprised if it launches at more than £180 in the UK, exchange rates be damned. The only reason I could see for it being more would be to dissuade people in mainland Europe from importing — €250 currently equates to £217 — but given that Sony are presumably going to be making money on each unit sold I'd hope they don't go down that path.

Actually that's just made me think of something: will the Go be region free? It doesn't use UMDs, only Store downloads, so unless regions are hard coded into the devices you should in theory be able to import from the US — $250 is around £156 — and then just use a UK PSN account.

LMAO at the PSP Go costing £230. You could buy a DS Lite and a Wii/360 for that money. Ridiculous.

Yeah but it will likely not cost that Dyson, that picture isn't actually fact, just a pre-order a site is offering because it is fairly safe to assume it will be under that price at release.

LMAO at the PSP Go costing £230. You could buy a DS Lite and a Wii/360 for that money. Ridiculous.

Wow, might get a 360 for that price from the UK!

I'm still saying the Go! ain't appealing to anyone other than a collectors and geeks with too much money. A bit of a boost from Japanese sales and nothing more.

Well I'm not, and a lot of people won't, pay over £200 for it. £200 is still way too much. I'll get it if my birthday subsidises it. Personally I'd pay £180 at most.

I'll think about getting one when it is £150. Portables really shouldn't be any higher, it's ridiculous when you think about it.

So.....why do people actually like PSPs? I think they're kinda.....megashitte.

Price is actually very fair given what PSP Go is. PSP 3000 is being sold too. So you have two options. Much like Nintendo, all japanese companies are upping the price on British goods because of the exchange rate.