N-Europe

Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing

Ashley

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, my worst fears have come true. It's a Sega All Stars game... WITHOUT NiGHTS! Who is like one of the few Sega characters who haven't been destroyed (Like AiAi and Sonic). Aah well, the fact that Crazy Taxi is in there is enough to make up for it :D Not long now

No ways!! Nights'll be a secret character SURELY?! If not then this game fails.

I take it you've completely missed/forgotten the Wii game...

No, I had it on Wii and really liked it. Some parts weren't great but it was still a really good game and isn't half as bad as people make out.

But I didn't have very high expectations so maybe that's why? The Wii version was the first id ever seen of NiGHTS and I liked it so much I went back and got the original too. Seriously, a gamecube controller sorts out the 'control issues' and its only the on foot platforming levels I didn't like.

• 3 weeks later...

For those that have the Nintendo Channel:

http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1130247&postcount=390

Pre-order for £17.73 at TheHut

Hard to resist at that price.

Your link goes to Zavvi.

*EDIT*

Link to TheHut:

http://www.thehut.com/games/platforms/nintendo-wii/sonic-sega-all-stars-racing/10066279.html

Looks like they've sold out though. :hmm:

*EDIT2*

Btw, does anyone know if the game has Wii remote + nunchunk or/and Gamecube controller support? I don't wanna be using the Wii remote to steer...
According to the review in ONM there's no GCN/Classic controller support, but you can use the Wii Remote + Nunchuck combo to steer with the analog stick.

The review also confirms that there's no Space Channel 5 themed track, which is super disappointing seeing as Ulala is in the game. :sad:

And despite the fact there are characters from 14 SEGA franchises, all of the tracks in the game are based around just 6 of those. :blank:

I reckon every playable character should have had their own unique track.

Edited by RedShell

*EDIT2*

According to the review in ONM there's no GCN/Classic controller support, but you can use the Wii Remote + Nunchuck combo to steer with the analog stick.

The review also confirms that there's no Space Channel 5 themed track, which is super disappointing seeing as Ulala is in the game. :sad:

And despite the fact there are characters from 14 SEGA franchises, all of the tracks in the game are based around just 6 of those. :blank:

I reckon every playable character should have had their own unique track.

I reckon that might be SEGA's DLC for this game.

Pfftt.. I have no interest in this game at all now. :nono:

I used to play Mario Kart Wii with the GC controller, but my analogue stick went a bit funny, so changed to the Wii remote and nunchunk combo, and there's really been no change in my MK racing and it's still comfortable to play this way.

Could it be possible that only first party or exclusive games are allowed to use Gamecube controller support?

I reckon that might be SEGA's DLC for this game.

SEGA have given us DLC on the Wii before in Samba de Amigo, so t's possible, but I doubt it seeing as racetracks will take more Memory and as the boxart doesn't have the Pay & Play logo.

Could it be possible that only first party or exclusive games are allowed to use Gamecube controller support?

Maybe, trying to think of a non Nintendo game or exclusive that uses it, can't think of any.

I don't care about Gamecube controller support for this though, I always play Mario Kart Wii with the classic controller.

Wii Wheel FTW!

I respect all those who can play well with the Wii Wheel, especially RedShell and Fused King.

It doesn't suit me one bit though, I can't even hold items behind me on MK with it :nono:

Edited by lostmario
Automerged Doublepost

Pfftt.. I have no interest in this game at all now. :nono:

Yeah, I agree. I reckon it'll average around 75% on Gamerankings and be a bit 'meh' anyway.

No, games like Tatsunoko Vs Capcom, DBZ2 and MH3 use classic or GCN controllers. This is just SEGA being lazy/stupid. In fact the words 'lazy' and 'stupid' are probably the two most used words when describing the developers of recent Sonic titles.