N-Europe

Rate the World's first face transplant

arab_freak

No, it doesn't involve Nicolas Cage and John Travolta.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30586321/wid/11915773?GT1=31037

This is a photo of Connie Culp, after an injury to her face, left, and then as she appears today. Culp underwent the first face transplant surgery in the United States at the Cleveland Clinic last December.

Before and after;

fcabed1415034f4bbd68b6c.jpg

Edited by arab_freak

Yeah it's not that good, there's a different face transplant/skin graft that worked fairly well.

To be fair she did get shot, and she hasn't fully recovered. I still found it hard not to laugh though which is bad.

Guest Captain Falcon

People at work were making the jokes today about it and I couldn't help but chuckle a little even though I know I shouldn't have.

I'd not seen the picture of her until just but now I do feel rather bad and somewhat ashamed about it.

Yeah it's not that good, there's a different face transplant/skin graft that worked fairly well.

To be fair she did get shot, and she hasn't fully recovered. I still found it hard not to laugh though which is bad.

You should watch the video, they have a "preview" of what her face will look like after more reconstructive surgery. It looks a lot more okay-ish.

And it will probably look better over time as well.

Yeah, when she gets older people will think it was just a stroke.

Seriously though, it seems as if they have made her jaw more square-like. I honestly can't make sense of that.

Yeah, when she gets older people will think it was just a stroke.

Seriously though, it seems as if they have made her jaw more square-like. I honestly can't make sense of that.

Think i read somewhere in the news that more ops will make the face look a little more "normal" than it is now.