N-Europe

Assassin's Creed 2

Daft

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Platinumed it 2 days ago. Feathers were a bitch to find (I used a guide for about half of them) yet overall I enjoyed the experience thoroughly while it lasted.

I had no choice but to use a guide for half the feathers, some of which were tricky to get hold of.

so, i cant be arsed to find a link buuuuut

ac3 is apparently well underway with mostly the same team, and the game will once again focus on ezio.

most of the same staff from 2 and the game is set to be released before march 2011, with a christmas release possible.

is it me, or does this sound like bad news?

Hasn't Ezio served his purpose now (Training Desmond and "the ending")? Why would then need to go back into the animus?

In all fairness though, how could they get a new main character? When the modern young hip kids left, they only took the data for Ezio.

Will the last AC be in modern times with Desmond? Seems to be heading that way.

The next Assassin's Creed will reveal you've been in the animus all the time and that in fact you are in the distant future.

The one after that will pull you out again and reveal you've been implanting these genetic memories in the distant past before humans walked the earth and that you are one of the alien ancients.

...What was the actual plot again?

Stabby stabby, jumpy jumpy as far as I'm concerned.

Agreed. There are some games (and movies) where you just enjoy it for what it is. I enjoy running and jumping and killing baddies cos they are done well in this game...A sensible story line that's understandable to a normal person? Not so much.

Question on treasure. I see some stuff on the map which has two treasure icons, one on top of another, yet I can't find either of them. Are they on certain people?

Look on the ground. When you see an area guarded by 3 or more guards, that is where these treasure chests are. Inside the building they are guarding

Hope that helps

Bumpage?!

Did anyone have slight problems with the brightness?

Not until Venice where a certain highpoint tower type was pure white at the top with the sun on it. Only spot really, although my brightness is bumped down one notch in the options from the get go. Gives really nice blacks like that.

You may have to play around with your TV settings some to get the right brightness/contrast ratios.

Not until Venice where a certain highpoint tower type was pure white at the top with the sun on it. Only spot really, although my brightness is bumped down one notch in the options from the get go. Gives really nice blacks like that.

You may have to play around with your TV settings some to get the right brightness/contrast ratios.

I find myself having to fap between 5-7 on the brightness depending where/when.

I was using a guide to find one of the Glyphs, as I passed where the map thingy said it would be [i was tailing someone at the time so could look around, and then forgot where it was, all the buildings look the same], later found it. I wouldn't have seen it, the roof was pure white. After turning brightness down to see it, I go back down to the streets, suddenly things are pitch black. Y'argh.

Just used the batmobile to fly via fire. Despite the lovely repetition, it's a nice game. Guards die when they touch water, genius.

I was using a guide to find one of the Glyphs, as I passed where the map thingy said it would be [i was tailing someone at the time so could look around, and then forgot where it was, all the buildings look the same], later found it. I wouldn't have seen it, the roof was pure white. After turning brightness down to see it, I go back down to the streets, suddenly things are pitch black. Y'argh.

Yeah I got this quite a bit. Doesn't happen with other games on the same TV. Really massively varied brightness from TOO WHITE to TOO DARK.

If you have to bounce back and forth like that with brightness you probably need to adjust some TV settings. Don't over do it though, you may make other games look out of wack.

You're saying, that if my TV's normal brightness works for every other game [and TV channel and DVD] I've played, but fucks up for Assassin's Creed, that it's my TV that needs remixing here?

Yes.

I did some slight adjustments with my monitor (serves for PC and 360) to make AC2 look correct, and everything else still looks great. I didn't do much I just changed my brightness and contrast some. Make small adjustments to both and take note of how much it changes in case it does foul up other things.

• 4 weeks later...