NEurope

Name does put you off, but it's a re-release of the WiiWare title, with some improvements to boot.

Got a good score from NintendoLife in their review.

Castlevania NES!? Freaking sweet!

I just so happen to be in the mood to play that game on my 3DS. Tah very much Nintendo! :D

I hate the mahjong games, they're all shoddy solitaire/matching games. Why won't they ever release an actual mahjong game with online multiplayer? Preferably with Japanese rules cause that's the ones I learnt lol

I guess they are saving Harmoknight for the last week of February.

Edit: Or was is it March?

That reminds me, wanted to ask you if there's anything new you've seen on the JP eShop that has interested you, Ike.

Not really apart from Dragon Quest VII. They put Fire Emblem Awakening up last week but I may as well wait for the English release. Disappointed there's no demo so it must have been something they did specially for the US (and Europe, fingers crossed).

Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask Plus also went up last week as well, I believe but not interested in playing in Japanese.

So Nightsky is supposedly set for release next week!

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/02/nightsky_to_arrive_in_europe_on_21st_february

About fricking time!!! Supposedly Cave Story 3DS is also due soon after... (cue, "I'll believe it when I see it" joke...)

Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask Plus also went up last week as well, I believe but not interested in playing in Japanese.

Nor would there be any point. Miracle Mask Plus is just the western version re-released in Japanese (our version got upgraded with better graphics, some extra scenes and stuff - think Final Fantasy 7 International)

Edited by Dcubed

So Nightsky is supposedly set for release next week!

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/02/nightsky_to_arrive_in_europe_on_21st_february

About fricking time!!! Supposedly Cave Story 3DS is also due soon after... (cue, "I'll believe it when I see it" joke...)

Nor would there be any point. Miracle Mask Plus is just the western version re-released in Japanese (our version got upgraded with better graphics, some extra scenes and stuff - think Final Fantasy 7 International)

My 3DS really is going to be my go to console this year.

I guess they are saving Harmoknight for the last week of February.

Edit: Or was is it March?

Yep... It's March.

I bet it'll be the 21st too, just so it's as annoyingly close to MH3U as possible. :indeed:

Not really apart from Dragon Quest VII. They put Fire Emblem Awakening up last week but I may as well wait for the English release. Disappointed there's no demo so it must have been something they did specially for the US (and Europe, fingers crossed).

did you get Charisou DX?

that game rocks.

EX troopers is up to download now also.

This Week.

3DS Download Software

NightSky: £8.99 / €9.99

3DS Demo

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate: FREE

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate: FREE

Oracle of Ages and Seasons coming to the eshop!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome news as luck would have it I'm just playing through Links Awakening again so am so happy that these are coming.

Is Nightsky worth the money or should I wait for a sale?

I was going to ask the very same question. I'm interested, but have a lot of games to play atm, is this worth it?

Is Nightsky worth the money or should I wait for a sale?

I was going to ask the very same question. I'm interested, but have a lot of games to play atm, is this worth it?

Well I don't have the game and don't plan on buying it now, but here are some reviews you could check out that could go some way in answering your questions:

http://www.nintendojo.com/reviews/review-nightsky

http://www.gamingnexus.com/Article/NightSky/Item3782.aspx

http://www.destructoid.com/review-nightsky-3ds-eshop--237299.phtml

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/eshop/nightsky

I have nightsky and would say buy it if you are into World of Goo or those indie style puzzle games.

In my mind it is not as good as World of Good but I love that game, it is close though and I prefer it to Art of Balance.

It is a very clever physics based game but unlike some games in this genre it is always messing with the rules, someitmes you can't control the ball at all and you are playing pinball with it, other times you use machines to traverse levels, or you might only have some powers.

The game is beautiful and musically very pleasing with a nice background soundtrack that helps get you in the relaxed mood.

I have completed the first playthrough with secret stars but the game then has an alternative spin on every level, basically a hard mode but one which changes levels so much it basically gives you twice the amount of levels to play through. Going back and forth and seeing what they changed is great and gives you a real sense of progression.

I would say £9 is just about right, 10 or over and I would have to question the lenghth but it is a game I could see myself playing now and again even if I have completed it.

If you like physic based puzzle games with great production values then go for it!

On a side note I wanted to post anyway as I was going to ask what everyones most played eshop title is as well as their most played VC game.

la_dx.gif

I will start with VC I have been playing Links Awakening a lot recently and in my mind the game is genius and one of the best Zeldas I have ever played. As a kid I played this but found it to hard, the bosses are very easy but the puzzles are quite obscure. Even now I had to look at guides sometimes. A truly great game and one that even today in my mind stands above many modern eshop titles.

tennis.png

I also have a fondness for Tennis, I know it is so simple and a very easy game but I enjoy playing the odd game I find it a very easy to pick up and play game.

I will respond with my fave eshop modern titles if anyone else cares haha.

I have nightsky and would say buy it if you are into World of Goo or those indie style puzzle games.

In my mind it is not as good as World of Good but I love that game, it is close though and I prefer it to Art of Balance.

It is a very clever physics based game but unlike some games in this genre it is always messing with the rules, someitmes you can't control the ball at all and you are playing pinball with it, other times you use machines to traverse levels, or you might only have some powers.

The game is beautiful and musically very pleasing with a nice background soundtrack that helps get you in the relaxed mood.

I have completed the first playthrough with secret stars but the game then has an alternative spin on every level, basically a hard mode but one which changes levels so much it basically gives you twice the amount of levels to play through. Going back and forth and seeing what they changed is great and gives you a real sense of progression.

I would say £9 is just about right, 10 or over and I would have to question the lenghth but it is a game I could see myself playing now and again even if I have completed it.

If you like physic based puzzle games with great production values then go for it!

On a side note I wanted to post anyway as I was going to ask what everyones most played eshop title is as well as their most played VC game.

la_dx.gif

I will start with VC I have been playing Links Awakening a lot recently and in my mind the game is genius and one of the best Zeldas I have ever played. As a kid I played this but found it to hard, the bosses are very easy but the puzzles are quite obscure. Even now I had to look at guides sometimes. A truly great game and one that even today in my mind stands above many modern eshop titles.

tennis.png

I also have a fondness for Tennis, I know it is so simple and a very easy game but I enjoy playing the odd game I find it a very easy to pick up and play game.

I will respond with my fave eshop modern titles if anyone else cares haha.

I'm playing through Link's Awakening DX for the first time having played through it standard many many times. I've always loved it, full of so much character and I actually prefer the GB art style over the SNES one used for LttP.

I got Links Awakening DX on the VC when it first got released and never really played it. Im playing througj it now and really enjoy it. So full of Zelda charm that I think has been missing in recent games.

Out of what I've paid for:

Virtual Console = Link's Awakening DX @ 14 hours

eShop = Denpa Men @ 28 hours

Whilst Link's Awakening is my favourite Virtual Console game, Denpa Men is not my favourite eShop game (so far, it is Mighty Switch Force).

But if we're counting Ambassador games (which we're probably not, as they're not on the eShop), Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones is 49 hours and counting!

Has it already been noted that apparently 18+ 3DS games will also only be downloadable after 23.00 according to German legistlation?

I got a message in the eShop regarding this.