NEurope

yeah its been noted and discussed at length but mainly in the WiiU threads as it was discovered on the WiiU first (not many 18+ 3DS games)

Supposedly (can't remember if it was nintendo who said it or a 3nd party dev) they are working on a work around to allow it

until then it just sucks! had to download the DLC for Assassin's Creed on my WiiU at 11 and set my WiiU to switch off when finished....i forgot you could switch the pad's screen off, and had it glaring at me until 00:00 (downloaded the ironically named tank tank tank, Monster hunter demo and f-zero at the same time)

yeah its been noted and discussed at length but mainly in the WiiU threads as it was discovered on the WiiU first (not many 18+ 3DS games)

You're right about the Wii U games, but this was first noted in the 3DS eShop thread I believe (by Mokong?) as the Nintendo TV episodes stopped working, this was due to age restricted content in the episodes and they could only be watched late at night.

This Week.

3DS Download Software

Splash or Crash: £2.69 / €2.99

It was already posted in its original thread but just in case anyone missed it, Splash or Crash is coming on Thursday.

3DS VC

Pac-Man: £4.49 / €4.99

That is all.

Soo... To anyone here with a JPN 3DS...

Do you know if Nintendo bothered to include any sort of link cable emulation for the two Zelda Oracles games, or did they just stick with the passwords?

Iwata's mention of "linked play" in the JPN ND gave me hope, but I don't expect it...

Edit: WOOHOO!!! Nano Assault EX finally has an EU release date!

https://mobile.twitter.com/ShinenGames/status/306679367164104704

March 7th! Next week! :yay:

Edited by Dcubed

Waiting for the English release of the Oracles so I don't know. It has a password system so it's not that bad anyway. Just like the olden days. :P

Did notice you can now purchase some Shaun the Sheep episodes though.

Waiting for the English release of the Oracles so I don't know. It has a password system so it's not that bad anyway. Just like the olden days. :P

Did notice you can now purchase some Shaun the Sheep episodes though.

Is an english version of Oracles coming?

God the 3ds eshop annoys me so much. It should be so much better, have themed weeks, sales, flash sales, SNES games, communities.

At the moment I am enjoying it but I view it as I kind of stop gap between 3ds games. Nothing out this week so nightsky will tide me over while it should really be a rival to it.

Btw has anyone brought Nightsky?

Is an english version of Oracles coming?

It will be released in other regional eShops, Aonouma posted this in the Zelda Miiverse community and that we should be patient.

God the 3ds eshop annoys me so much. It should be so much better, have themed weeks, sales, flash sales, SNES games, communities.

The JP eShop is more like what it should be. We can only hope that it continues to grow and offer more enticing services along the way.

On a side note I wanted to post anyway as I was going to ask what everyones most played eshop title is as well as their most played VC game.

My most played eShop title is Link's Awakening DX at 17:59 hours followed by Nintendo eShop itself at 13:05 hours... not sure how I've managed that lol. I have Hana Samurai at 4:09 hours, only played through it once so I still need to complete the game on expert difficulty and unlock all the special attacks. My favourite games though in no particular order are Zelda 4 Swords, Mighty Switch Force and Kid Icarus NES.

Good week this time :D

3DS Download Exclusives

Nano Assault EX (Shin'en Multimedia, €14.99 / £12.49)

3DS Virtual Console

Legend of the River King (Natsume, €4.99 / £4.49)

3DS Retail Download

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (Konami, €44.99 / £39.99)

Wii Virtual Console

Metal Slug 4 (D4 Enterprise, 900 Nintendo Points)

AT LAST! Nano Assault EX will be mine! :yay:

Interested in picking up River King too :)

It is a good week.

Nano Assault & River King are both going on my 'Watch List'.

12.49?! That's expensive. Way more expensive tan the wii u version!

It's a completely different game! The Wii U game is the sequel to this one on 3DS.

It's a game that was released at retail (full RRP price) in the US and Japan. This one on eShop is an enhanced version of that original retail game with extra content, improved graphics and Circle Pad Pro support.

Quite frankly, it's a bargain at that price - considering that it would've otherwise have been £39.99 at retail!

BTW, in case you're wondering, the 3DS game has way more content than the Wii U sequel (which makes sense, considering that it was originally a retail title)

12.49?! That's expensive. Way more expensive tan the wii u version!

Don't forget that the 3DS edition of the game was a retail release in the US, so there's more content than the Wii U version plus there's some extra additional content included too.

A search for the retail game on Amazon.com says it includes 32 stages. The Wii U version had 16.

OMG Legend of the River King is amazing! I'm just finishing up Links' Awakening (Up to Turtle Rock) hopefully this will come to NA as well. :D

It's a completely different game! The Wii U game is the sequel to this one on 3DS.

It's a game that was released at retail (full RRP price) in the US and Japan. This one on eShop is an enhanced version of that original retail game with extra content, improved graphics and Circle Pad Pro support.

Quite frankly, it's a bargain at that price - considering that it would've otherwise have been £39.99 at retail!

BTW, in case you're wondering, the 3DS game has way more content than the Wii U sequel (which makes sense, considering that it was originally a retail title)

just got this. Played it for 5 mins and love it.

much more content then Wii U version and using the buttons to shoot is a breeze..

GAME seem to be the online retailer that even just sells the cards. If you keep an eye out they often do discount vouchers which you can use one point cards.

Just came in to say that Nano Assault EX is freaking awesome! Love it! :D

Circle Pad Pro is definitely the way to go with this game (except for the Starfox style stages, don't try to control the cursor, just use the one analog stick - it controls much better that way)

It definitely feels like a full retail title (which makes sense considering that it IS a full retail title), much more expansive than the Wii U game.

I also finally picked up Tokyo Crash Mobs (which is really surprisingly polished! As well as bat-shit insane :laughing:), Escape Vektor (which is also a really nice game), Hydroventure Spin Cycle (which feels a bit rough round the edges - but the 360 degree stages are fun :) ) and Nightsky (which is very polished, atmospheric and good fun :) )

Ahh, good times.

So if I can only get one Nano Assualt Neo, 3DS or Wii U.... which would people reccomend?

So if I can only get one Nano Assualt Neo, 3DS or Wii U.... which would people reccomend?

They're both completely different games, so really you should get both eventually.

Still, get the Wii U one first since it's cheaper and if you like it, get the 3DS game as well.

They're both completely different games, so really you should get both eventually.

Still, get the Wii U one first since it's cheaper and if you like it, get the 3DS game as well.

Agree with this, that they are both very different games. ATM I slightly prefer the WiiU version for its feel while playing. The control of your ship, and fire power, feels so much better using the gamepad, but the 3DS game has so much more to it. At first I couldn't get used to the flying forward sections. It looks like Kid Icarus, but with no touch screen control for shooting. Thus, those sections feel clunky, until you realise that it is probably better to play it like StarFox and not use the 2nd circle pad to move the reticle, but keep it positioned in the centre and move your ship only. After playing the first 2 levels (of the 3DS version) I realise it is a very good game, and feels more like a retail purchase than the Wii U version, but I still prefer the Wii U version, especially because of the local 2 player which goes down a treat in my household.

The WiiU version has 16 stages in an Arcade Mode style only, with online leaderbaords, that's it.

The 3DS version has a Story Mode (with more levels), the online leaderboard Arcade Mode (where you can collect coins from challenges and spend them on unlockables like artwork, songs, etc.), and more variety in its stages.

I agree with DCubed get the WiiU version first, if you like it buy the 3DS version later.