NEurope

Having finished Zelda II the other day, thanks to the save anyway system, I was thinking of what other games gave me a headache as a kid. Having thought about it I decided to pick up Megaman. Using the save anywhere system this once stupidly hard and quite frankly unfair game became a joy to play and I actually ended up finishing it in just over an hour. I think the only way I beat it as a kid was to use the Game Genie.

photo1-3_zps901e85cb.jpg

photo2-5_zps5b9af74d.jpg

photo3-5_zps095f4a54.jpg

I have to say that i'm loving this save system. A lot of NES games were notoriously hard/unfair and this system actually makes the games playable again.

I had some spare credit left so snapped up Super Mario Land. I have SML2 as I was a huge fan of that back in the day, but I had yet to pick the first one up.

photo-12_zps6f0749f8.jpg

photo4-5_zpse678be59.jpg

Man, I forgot how short it was. I also remember it being a lot harder than that as a kid. Still, I did find it fun flying in a plane and swimming around in the submarine. The first world music will forever be embedded into my brain. :)

I always remember a sketch that Trevor and Simon did on Going Live where they were trying to come up with some ideas for a new show. One of them was playing on a Gameboy and all you could hear was this.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

The next shot the other one, who was asleep first, was playing away, while teh one that was originally playing on it had now fallen asleep. Finally, they were both asleep and the Gameboy was just on the chair still playing. :D

I've loved playing through these classic games again and have just started playing the original Zelda on the 3DS as well. I may change my name to / nando /. :laughing:

Edited by Hero-of-Time

So I figured I'd type "Fantasy" into the search engine on the JP 3DS eShop just to try my luck and I found something that I had completely forgotten about, Phantasy Star Zero Mini, the DSi demo we never got in the west. For 200 yen (£1.50ish), you basically get the first level in a sort of time/score/damage attack mode with the characters from the story.

Figured I'd buy it any way, and it's really made me want to bust out Zero again. Problem is, after playing PSO2 with its freedom of movement, it'll take quite a while to get used to it again!

NA is getting Mega Man 3 Next week (14th). Like Capcom previously stated 4,5 & 6 will see releases in the following months. EU dates have yet to mentioned.

Wow!

Wii U eShop Price Discount

Chasing Aurora (Broken Rules, €5.99 / £5.39 until 21st March, was €11.99 / £10.79)

Wii U eShop Demo

Chasing Aurora (Broken Rules, free)

3DS Retail Demo

Naruto Powerful Shippuden (Namco Bandai, free)

3DS eShop

Viking Invasion 2 - Tower Defense (Bigben Interactive, €7.99 / £6.99)

Jewel Master Atlantis 3D (cerasus.media, €4.99 / £4.49)

DSiWare

Goony (CIRCLE Entertainment, 200)

What a load of absolute shite! Guess they're making up for last week's awesome update.

WHERE'S HARMOKNIGHT AND MEGA MAN3!? :mad:

WHERE'S HARMOKNIGHT AND MEGA MAN3!? :mad:

I'm still hoping that Serebii is right and we get a ND this week. I'm then hoping RedShell is right and we get it as a surprise game that's available right after the ND. Yup, i'm hoping for a lot. :D

I could really do with it being released this week though. I'm off to visit my brother in Doncaster at the weekend. I'm not driving down and instead i'm getting a train, then Harmoknight would be the perfect game to play on my journey.

Never heard of this Naruto, but I'll definitely be downloading the Nartuo: Powerful Shippuden Demo. I really want to give it a try.

BEEroSYCIAMKP76.jpg

I'm still hoping that Serebii is right and we get a ND this week. I'm then hoping RedShell is right and we get it as a surprise game that's available right after the ND. Yup, i'm hoping for a lot. :D

I hope he's right too, as I'd be able to watch it this week, but I think it's more likely we'll get one during GDC, which is the last week of the month.

Heard today that if you delete a digital retail game off your SD card it will also delete the save file? Does anyone know if that's true?

Puts me off digital versions completely if it is.

Heard today that if you delete a digital retail game off your SD card it will also delete the save file? Does anyone know if that's true?

Puts me off digital versions completely if it is.

It's the same with every 3DS downloadable game. The game and it's save file are stored together under the same file.

Mind you, there's absolutely nothing stopping you from copying your game (and its save data) to a PC before deleting it from your SD card of course. That way you wouldn't lose your save data (nor would you need to re-download the game :) )

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/03/zelda_game_boy_color_oracle_duo_heading_to_western_3ds_eshops_before_summer

Well this is welcome news! Before Summer sounds promising, to be honest quite suprised they don't just release these either 22nd or 29th March, really stretch our wallets to the limit!! :)

That link couldn't have made it less clear, about oracle of ages/seasons release dates :)

Edited by Kaepora_Gaebora

It's the same with every 3DS downloadable game. The game and it's save file are stored together under the same file.

Mind you, there's absolutely nothing stopping you from copying your game (and its save data) to a PC before deleting it from your SD card of course. That way you wouldn't lose your save data (nor would you need to re-download the game :) )

Well, that's not too bad then I suppose. Just need to remember to backup first. Reminds me to backup mine.

Quite an oversight nonetheless; should have been built to give you the option of keeping the save data/saving it seperately and treating it as such.

Quite an oversight nonetheless; should have been built to give you the option of keeping the save data/saving it seperately and treating it as such.

I suspect that it's not an oversight, so much as an intentional decision to increase security. It stops people from distrubuting hacked save files (which was a common form of attack on Wii)

Harmoknight demo coming next week and the full game coming the week after :D

Well finished Link's Awakening DX today, still by far my favourite 2D Zelda game, cannot wait for the Oracle games to start. In the time have the 3D Classics Kid Icarus to play (free thanks to club nintendo) and god it's hard!!!!!

Well finished Link's Awakening DX today, still by far my favourite 2D Zelda game, cannot wait for the Oracle games to start. In the time have the 3D Classics Kid Icarus to play (free thanks to club nintendo) and god it's hard!!!!!

Yep! But gets much easier after the first dungeon and boss, thankfully. They key is to collect as many hearts as possible, so you can activate all the stat-boosts. And don't let the thieves steal your items later on!

Yep! But gets much easier after the first dungeon and boss, thankfully. They key is to collect as many hearts as possible, so you can activate all the stat-boosts. And don't let the thieves steal your items later on!

It's kind of annoying how 3D Classics don't have save anyway with restore points like Virtual Consoles do....guess it keeps the challenge, at least I restart on the same stage each time. I'm determined to beat it!!! Want to get that and Resident Evil Revelations beaten before Luigi's Mansion hit.

It's kind of annoying how 3D Classics don't have save anyway with restore points like Virtual Consoles do....guess it keeps the challenge, at least I restart on the same stage each time. I'm determined to beat it!!!

Yes, I don't mind admitting I used Restore Points to cheat extensively in Kid Icarus II. It's much easier in general, but the final boss made me glad I had as many upgrades as possible. The 3D Classics game, on the other hand, is a breeze when you've got past the first dungeon, and I enjoyed it quite a lot more than the Game Boy sequel.

Want to get that and Resident Evil Revelations beaten before Luigi's Mansion hit.

You should be able to finish Kid Icarus. Don't know about the other one though! Personally, I'm really hoping to finish Etrian Odyssey II before Luigi's Mansion 2, but that's looking like a tall order at the moment.

Yes, I don't mind admitting I used Restore Points to cheat extensively in Kid Icarus II. It's much easier in general, but the final boss made me glad I had as many upgrades as possible. The 3D Classics game, on the other hand, is a breeze when you've got past the first dungeon, and I enjoyed it quite a lot more than the Game Boy sequel.

You should be able to finish Kid Icarus. Don't know about the other one though! Personally, I'm really hoping to finish Etrian Odyssey II before Luigi's Mansion 2, but that's looking like a tall order at the moment.

Yeah I'm not that convinced I actually will manage it. Thankfully the episodic nature of Resi Revelations and the recapping, means I could easily leave it for a bit and come back to it as I play Luigi's Mansion.

Thankfully the episodic nature of Resi Revelations and the recapping, means I could easily leave it for a bit and come back to it as I play Luigi's Mansion.

Very true, there was a time when I hadn't played for 3/4 months. I was able to slot back into the rhythm again with no problems whatsoever. Those TV like reminders at the start of a chapter come to the fore in times like this.

Mind you, I thought Luigi's Mansion 2 was out a week earlier than it actually is, so there's still time!

Cult County is the name of Renegade Kid's new 3DS FPS.

Jools tweeted this earlier:

QkWHNQE.jpg

No gameplay or screenshots given yet. They only prepared an "atmosphere demo" for PAX.

EDIT: Found this on NeoGaf:

cultcounty.jpg

Seems that the 3DS save file transfer tool (for moving save files from physical to digital versions of games) is coming out on March 27th in Japan.

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=198706

No word on a US/EU release though, but why wouldn't it come on the same day everywhere?

Edit: Few more details!

http://nintendoeverything.com/116800/3ds-save-data-transfer-tool-out-in-japan-next-wednesday/

3ds_save_data_transfer_tool.jpg

Nintendo’s 3DS save data transfer tool, first promised for Japan in January, has an official release date. The app will be ready for release as a free download from the eShop on March 27.

One simple function is included with the tool: the ability to move save data between 3DS retail games and digital copies. It’s a one-way transfer – data can’t be moved from a digital title to a retail release.

Nintendo warns users that the tool is intended to move – not duplicate – save data. Retail saves will be deleted once the process is completed. If a digital game already has data, it’ll be overwritten if the tool is used.

Aww, one way only :(

Edited by Dcubed

Massive update this week for 3DS, including the long awaited (by me) save data transfer tool! Disappointing it's a one off transfer though.

Nintendo eShop (3DS)

Luigi's Mansion 2 (Nintendo) - €44.99/£39.99

Step into Luigi's quaking shoes, strap on the Poltergust 5000 - the ghost-catching and puzzle-solving vacuum cleaner - and clear out all the ghosts in Luigi's Mansion 2. Luigi returns to help his mad-scientist friend, Professor E. Gadd, by sucking up the ghosts in each of the mysterious mansions filled with puzzling contraptions that must be manipulated to proceed. Armed with a torch and the Poltergust 5000, which can be upgraded with new features such as the Strobulb light to stun the wacky wraiths and the Dark-Light Device to reveal invisible clues and objects, Luigi is fully equipped to tackle any paranormal activity!

HarmoKnight (Nintendo) - €14.99/£12.99

Cover your ears - the planet of Melodia is under attack! The evil Noizoids, under the orders of their leader Gargan, aren't just disrupting the normal tuneful lives of Melodians everywhere - they've also kidnapped Ariana, the princess of Symphony City! Help Tempo, the boy chosen to wield the legendary staff, and his friends as they travel across Melodia on a musical adventure. Over 50 stages of rhythm-action fun await, including bonus stages featuring much-loved tunes from some of your favourite Pokémon games.

Save Data Transfer Tool (Nintendo) - Free

This software is for moving save data from a Nintendo 3DS Game Card to a separately purchased downloadable version of that software.

The following are required to use this software:

• A Nintendo 3DS Game Card that supports this software

• A downloadable version of the Game Card software

Caution!

Once the save data is moved to the downloadable version, it cannot be returned to the Game Card. Save data on the Game Card will be reset to default.

Fire Emblem Awakening Demo (Nintendo) - Free

Turn-based combat comes alive like never before on Nintendo 3DS! Fire Emblem: Awakening continues the traditions of the classic series while enhancing the experience with 3D visuals and making the strategic gameplay more accessible for newcomers. Players lead forces across maps, fighting enemies and achieving goals across a fantasy world rich with character.

Resident Evil Revelations (Capcom) - €29.99/£24.99

Resident Evil Revelations for Nintendo 3DS brings a straight shot of spine-chilling terror to the handheld console scene, one that fans of the iconic survival horror series won't want to miss! Set in the time period between Resident Evil 4TM and Resident Evil 5TM, this title features a brand new storyline for series favourites Jill Valentine and Chris Redfield, introduces new characters Parker Luciani and Jessica Sherawat, and offers entirely original environments for players to cautiously explore.

Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D (Capcom) - €9.99/£8.99

It's a race against time as players compete to defeat as many enemies as possible before the countdown reaches zero. Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D offers players a variety of gameplay formats with a solo mission option or the ability to team up with others across the world in two-player co-op via Internet Play. The game also includes the addition of an all new Skill Slot feature. Players will be able to fill three skill slots from a selection

of 30 skills including improvements to weapon performance, reload speed or melee abilities and customise characters to best suit their style of play.

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 3D (Ubisoft) - €19.99/£17.99

In Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 3D, Sam Fisher is sent behind enemy lines in the Korean Peninsula to prevent WWIII by investigating the responsible party that sunk the USS Clarence E. Walsh, the U.S.'s most advanced cruiser. Through his investigation, Sam learns that the key parties who are planning to use the Masse Kernels and launch WWIII are war comrade Douglas Shetland, Displace International, and Admiral Otomo, the Third Echelon Information Self Defence Force (I-SDF) contact. His goal will be to infiltrate their lines and expose their deeds before they manage to launch a new and deadly worldwide conflict.

Heroes of Ruin (Square Enix) - €24.99/£19.99

War raged for over a hundred years until strong, powerful Lords emerged from the fighting to bring a fragile peace to the land. This peace is threatened when one of the Lords, Ataraxis, ruler of the city of Nexus, is taken ill by a deadly curse. A call is sent out, promising rewards beyond measure for anyone who finds a cure. Four mercenaries, each with their own strengths, weaknesses and motivations answer the call. One uses forbidden spells to rain death on her foes, one has guns and bombs to blast his way through, another has a mighty sword capable of slicing through entire packs of enemies, and one other gains strength from savagely tearing through anything that stands in his way with brutal, bladed fists.

Code of Princess (Agatsuma) - €29.99/£24.99

Blending fighting gameplay with components from classic arcade side-scrolling beat'em ups and the character development of an RPG, Code of Princess perfectly combines the two genres, giving hardcore gamers an all new twist on some of their favourite game types. Up to four players can take on challenges cooperatively or battle against one another in competitive play.

50 Classic Games (cerasus.media) - €4.99/£4.49

This compilation of fun and addictive games brings together 50 classic puzzles to the Nintendo 3DS. Includes well-loved classic games Battle Ships, Chess, Tic Tac Toe, Peg Solitaire, Sudoku, Air Mah Jong and

many more. Whilst completing the puzzles you can play alone, with friends or against the computer with varying degrees of difficulty to match your skill level. There's something for everyone in this huge collection of 3D puzzle games with hours and hours of endless fun guaranteed!

Harvest Moon (Natsume, VC) - €4.99/£4.49

Follow in your grandfather's (muddy) footsteps and become a master farmer! This classic simulation lets you get hands-on with every aspect of farm life: from sowing crops to raising animals. The harder you work, the bigger and better your farm will become. You can also visit the town to buy supplies; from food and drink to keep up your strength, to labour-saving tools for making life easier.

The Beet Party: Unidentified Flying Waffle (Redrover, download video) - €0.99/£0.89

The Beet Party is a series of 3D short videos available for download on Nintendo eShop. The two-minute interstitials target four to six year olds and follow the adventures of the five coolest beets around as they explore, experiment, celebrate and communicate with beat-boxing sounds when something new arrives in their fridge.

Special deals

escapeVektor (Nnooo) - €5.00/£4.49 (Normal €10.00/£8.99, ends April 11)

Vektor has been trapped inside the CPU for what feels like an eternity and you are his only hope of escape. As he travels through the CPU, help him recover his memories and destroy the different enemy types sent to hunt him. But be careful, the further Vektor gets, the more devious the CPU becomes! There is a whole world to uncover within your CPU! Hiding away are 150 levels (nodes), 27 worlds (zones) and four unique abilities to unlock and upgrade. With Vektor providing you with: Detonate to destroy enemies, Boost and Super Boost to outrun them and Boostenate to smash your way through, you are sure to be able to help him escape!

Some impressive digital titles prices by Capcom for the Resident Evil games as well.

Edited by Ike
Some formatting.