NEurope

Wow, when was the last time the 3DS eShop got nothing?

Well... technically it's getting something...

It just may as well be nothing :blank:

Could we finally be getting the 3DS download cards in stores!?

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/130131/05.html

As a new challenge, we started download sales of packaged software last summer. The download sales have expanded based on the high Internet-connection ratio. The number of consumers who use the Nintendo eShop has increased and now the most popular way to see the Nintendo Direct presentations is through the Nintendo eShop.

Stock of the packaged version of "Animal Crossing: New Leaf" ran short as we could not increase production due to its customized ROM card using SLC-NAND memory last year. Also, the game is one that you can enjoy every day over a long period of time. Many consumers therefore have chosen its downloaded version and the number of sales has already surpassed 700,000 units, occupying one-fourth of the total number of sales, which is an unprecedented achievement.

In the overseas markets, there has been no packaged software title which marks such a high ratio of download sales. The reason we made it in Japan is that, in addition to the unexpected shortage of supply and the nature of the game mentioned above, we have diversified the sales methods of download versions including selling POSA (Point Of Sales Activation) cards.

This year we will try to diversify the sales methods to raise the ratio of download sales overseas with the aim of increasing our business opportunities and profitability.

I hope this does mean what I think it means. I'd actually start buying some retail eShop games if NOE pulled their finger out and finally got them into stores!

if they started releasing these i would so start downloading some games, animal crossing being a prime example of one i would do!

i hope its a good sign

Could we finally be getting the 3DS download cards in stores!?

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/130131/05.html

I hope this does mean what I think it means. I'd actually start buying some retail eShop games if NOE pulled their finger out and finally got them into stores!

Really good. I've actually decided I'm getting Animal Crossing as a download because it's that kind of game you want to have around all the time. Vouchers stupidly hard to get here. There seems to only to be one store Future Shop that sells them and they only sell $20 demoninations. The US has it much better tons of different values. So annoying and my credit card for what ever reason doesn't authorize despite having no problems with the likes of google play or psn.

Mighty Switch Force

So awesome game that I've really enjoyed. Until the last level!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate games that introduce new mechanics at the last minute that you haven't had anything hinting towards in the game. For me a last level should allow mastery of the skills (both your own and in game) built up through extended play to beat the game.

By removing your control of the blocks it left a character with mastery over her environment extremely vulnerable. Now I'm like fuck this it's removed the entire core element of the game and neutered me beyond belief. I've mastered this block changing and perfectly timing it why take that away rather than up the challenge. Couple it with a fact that I left the next to last level was extremely easy and I'm left thinking this royally sucks. Suffice to say there is a part of the level I'm stuck at and cannot get past, no idea how close to the end it is.

Mighty Switch Force

So awesome game that I've really enjoyed. Until the last level!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate games that introduce new mechanics at the last minute that you haven't had anything hinting towards in the game. For me a last level should allow mastery of the skills (both your own and in game) built up through extended play to beat the game.

By removing your control of the blocks it left a character with mastery over her environment extremely vulnerable. Now I'm like fuck this it's removed the entire core element of the game and neutered me beyond belief. I've mastered this block changing and perfectly timing it why take that away rather than up the challenge. Couple it with a fact that I left the next to last level was extremely easy and I'm left thinking this royally sucks. Suffice to say there is a part of the level I'm stuck at and cannot get past, no idea how close to the end it is.

Yeah, it's a real difficulty spike. The only way I could manage it was to turn the 3D on. I think that helped me be in "the zone".

Yeah, it's a real difficulty spike. The only way I could manage it was to turn the 3D on. I think that helped me be in "the zone".

Do you mean turn the 3D OFF because that's what I ended up doing along with counting in my non-stop because I decided I couldn't rely on the beeping to time my jumps. It was basically the next to last section where I really struggled. I finished it now thank the lord lol.

Do you mean turn the 3D OFF because that's what I ended up doing along with counting in my non-stop because I decided I couldn't rely on the beeping to time my jumps. It was basically the next to last section where I really struggled. I finished it now thank the lord lol.

No, on! Stereoscopic 3D helps me concentrate in many games - Mighty Switch Force, Pilotwings Resort, Super Mario 3D Land. For all its critics, it really does help with depth perception. Not that you really need depth perception for Mighty Switch Force, but the combination of 3D + headphones helps me concentrate more than if I was playing it with less "dedication", as such.

Well done anyway.

PS - Have you got the update that makes it 21 levels total?

No, on! Stereoscopic 3D helps me concentrate in many games - Mighty Switch Force, Pilotwings Resort, Super Mario 3D Land. For all its critics, it really does help with depth perception. Not that you really need depth perception for Mighty Switch Force, but the combination of 3D + headphones helps me concentrate more than if I was playing it with less "dedication", as such.

Well done anyway.

PS - Have you got the update that makes it 21 levels total?

See with Mario 3D Land yes totally helps, Pilotwings...just no I struggle to focus makes my eyes hurt and makes me go crossed eyed. Mighty Switch Force lays somewhere in between the 3D looks amazing and you are missing out on something playing without but I can live without it.

Yep when I finished I was "rewarded" with more levels!

The hell!? How long have they been selling these for? How did they get download codes for these games if they're not supposed to be available!?

Edit: Nintendo UK list them on their official website as a seller (currently the only one! http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Nintendo-3DS/Download-Content/How-to-buy-games/How-to-buy-games-347408.html), so they're obviously legit. Shame that their prices aren't much better than buying it direct from eShop...

Now we just need them to get them onto Shopto's site ;)

Edited by Dcubed

Hmm... Looks like NoE and Gamesrocket (Who? LOL :heh:) have kind of missed the point of this. :rolleyes:

Until DD codes start going for at least £30 (and even that'd be taking the piss) Nintendo can forget about me purchasing any retail games in DD form. Mind you, the only game I'd really be interested in getting as a download is Animal Crossing, but it ain't gonna happen with the current ridiculous and downright greedy system. icon13.gif

Strange that only 1 unheard of retailer is selling them. Hopefully they show up on Amazon and ShopTo soon then the prices should drop.

Edited by Mandalore

This Week.

Retail Download

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed: £29.99 / €39.99

3DS Download Software

Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D Download Version: £8.99 / €9.99

Fractured Soul (Demo)

3DS VC

Mega Man 2: £4.49 / €4.99

Not a bad week all in all :)

Was hoping that we'd get a demo for S&ASRT 3DS though, I'm curious to see how the port turned out!

Also it's a shame that we don't get a reduced price for it, considering how late the 3DS version is. Would've considered it if it was £19.99...

Retail you can buy it for £22.50. It's a good price for the eShop version though, could have been £39.99. Keep forgetting it's out this week.

Shin'en have dropped some details about

mEXXNOI.jpg

- will offer both 2D and 3D gameplay

- “jump’n'run action”

- use a variety of gadgets to progress through levels.

- full 3D while maintaining 60 frames-per-second

- work is finished on all of the levels and is currently in the beta testing phase

- aiming for a Q1 release

I loved the original much more than I expected to, so can't wait for this. It'll be perfect on the 3DS! :)

I hope Mudds Deluxe slipping means they're adding more new content. I'm still stuck on the penultimate (pre-Granny) level on the 3DS though!

Just got myself Crimson Shroud the other day... I'm really liking it so far!

It's really cool in the nerdiest way possible! And also really highlights just how much modern RPGs take from D N' D! The story is very well written, the music is fantastic and the characters are all very likeable (perhaps due in part to the fact that they don't speak or even really animate at all aside from wobbling from side to side!) - It has all the feel, depth and charm of Matsuno at his best :D

What's really a revelation in comparison to Matsuno's other RPGs is the fact that it actually moves at a swift pace! Unlike the likes of Ogre Battle, Tactics Ogre, FFT and Vagrant Story (who's pace is probably best described as "glacial"), there's no bloat, (almost) everything is explained properly and concisely and everything makes sense. The dice roll mechanic also really helps to give everything a layer of transparancy - removing the feel that you're being cheated by the game when you miss an attack or something similarly bad happens to you.

I've always loved the atmosphere and writing of Matsuno's games, but I've never really been able to enjoy them as a whole due to pacing issues or other clunkiness (be it poorly explained mechanics or convoluted and sluggish interfaces), but I'm really enjoying this one so far! :D What's also nice is that since very little is actually shown to yo, it requires you to use your imagination to "fill in the blanks" if you will, as if you're reading a book. That's really very novel in a modern game, where everything is shown rather than told.

I've never really been a fan of tabletop RPGs or those other really super nerdy games, but this is fun. It takes the best elements of those types of games and adapts them to a convinient traditional turn based JRPG format.

Great stuff!

Edited by Dcubed

What's really a revelation in comparison to Matsuno's other RPGs is the fact that it actually moves at a swift pace! Unlike the likes of Ogre Battle, Tactics Ogre, FFT and Vagrant Story (who's pace is probably best described as "glacial"), there's no bloat, (almost) everything is explained properly and concisely and everything makes sense. The dice roll mechanic also really helps to give everything a layer of transparancy - removing the feel that you're being cheated by the game when you miss an attack or something similarly bad happens to you.

I've always loved the atmosphere and writing of Matsuno's games, but I've never really been able to enjoy them as a whole due to pacing issues or other clunkiness (be it poorly explained mechanics or convoluted and sluggish interfaces), but I'm really enjoying this one so far! :D What's also nice is that since very little is actually shown to yo, it requires you to use your imagination to "fill in the blanks" if you will, as if you're reading a book. That's really very novel in a modern game, where everything is shown rather than told.

I've never really been a fan of tabletop RPGs or those other really super nerdy games, but this is fun. It takes the best elements of those types of games and adapts them to a convinient traditional turn based JRPG format.

Great stuff!

I agree with almost everything you said, especially those areas I've bolded. The only reason why I haven't played this in the last few days is because I've been a bit hooked on Sacred Stones again.

However, this is an excellent game.

This Week.

Retail Download

Shifting World: £17.99 / €19.99

Mahjong 3D: Warriors of the Emperor: £17.99 / €19.99

3DS Download Software

Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D Download Version: £8.99 / €9.99

2 Fast 4 Gnomz (Demo)

3DS VC

Castlevania: £4.49 / €4.99