N-Europe

Cars/Bikes/Trikes/Horses/Unicycles?

Goafer

I've been debating whether or not to make this thread for a while now, but after a discussion with Happenstance today I decided in true doctor pepper fashion, "whats the worst that could happen?"

So here is a history of previously owned vehicles. Hopefully it's interesting enough. Bear in mind I'm only 23 and been driving 3 or 4 years. I think I've racked up an interesting motor history.

First of all my first car. I had no real intention of learning to drive, but when I saw this car in Tesco car park for sale I decided I wanted it badly. So I bought it and learnt to drive in it. 1993 1.6 VW Golf Driver:

When I bought it:

golffancy3.jpg

After some choice "modz". Lowered 40mm, BBS rm wheels and a badgeless grille:

Photo-0485.jpg

I then decided I needed a second car for youthful japery. So I decided on this 1971 1.3 VW Hustler Beach Buggy. Remained pretty much the same throughout my ownership. Immense fun:

n687920340_527694_9081.jpg

n687920340_1856957_1192.jpg

I then decided the Golf was too slow and dull, so I sold it and bought a 1988 2.4 Mazda RX7. It was a little odd at first since it has a rotary engine and the power doesn't kick in untill at least 4k revs. I didn't know this and thought it was as slow as my Golf untill I gave it the beans one day. It was a good day. Didn't modify this at all since I wouldn't have been able to afford the insurance if I did:

n687920340_594802_7193.jpg

I then decided to take the RX7 to the Nurburgring. It made the journey quite easily, but it started leaking oil from the gearbox and then one of the exhaust fell off. Having spent all my money on fuel for the damn thing (20mpg at best), I had no money to repair it. So I sold it cheap and bought a 1987 1.8 VW Scirocco.

When I got it:

n687920340_945536_2516.jpg

After some choice changes. Coilover adjustable suspension (the old suspension was knackered), ATS cup wheels and a tonne of stickers. Also had to replace the fuel filler neck:

n687920340_4214002_4336.jpg

I then realised that the beach buggy was only going to sit there waiting for good weather and that I didn't have the skill to carry out repairs or the money to pay someone else to do it. So I sold it to someone who could look after it and bought a 1993 2.0 Toyota MR2 T-Bar as my "weekend" car. I got it since I still wanted the open topness of the buggy, but missed the looks and speed of the RX7. Luckily it's actually faster than the RX7. No modifications yet:

n687920340_3289053_4440.jpg

I'm now left with the Scirocco and the MR2, but due to this wonderful recession a lot of normally expensive cars are dirt cheap. I've been eyeing up a MK1 Golf recently. Although I really don't want to sell one of my current cars.

So whats everyone else rolling in? Or previously owned?

This is Chopper Hicks, my faithful steed.

3066466794_9a90f4d1ca_o.jpg

He was bought for a page 3 shoot with a model called Joe Hicks, hence the name. Then he was hung in a night club on a wall as decoration. Then I bought him off eBay for £87.

He makes cycling to uni across London fun.

At the moment he is poorly because his right pedal fell off. I have the replacement parts but haven't had a chance to take him to the doctor.

I'm going to buy him an older fixed gear brother soon.

Some really interesting cars there, goaferboy. My history is nowhere near as varied.

First I had a box shaped Micra:

3389846568_f01e0c7de7_o.jpg

Pic isn't actually my one. My Nan bought it for me and my sister to share when a Great Aunt was too old to drive anymore. Came to us in almost as new condition and we ran it into the ground pretty much (heavy footed sister). Great fun really as it was my first freedom, felt like it would fall apart between 60 and 80 but quite happy above or below.

Next up a Peugeot 206

3389483294_44391f8ed7.jpg

1.4l and was a big difference to the Micra. Had it from new on my 21st birthday, Dad paid half as a present and I paid half. Ended up working in Northampton but living in Birmingham so it did a hell of a lot of motorway miles. Great car and my first proper own car. Sold it a few weeks ago to a guy in the office.

Currently Driving a Lotus Elise

3361719399_6962fc5efc.jpg

Only had it two weeks and already I'm in love. The drive is like nothing else and I'm only running it in at the moment. Acceleration is awesome and then you go round a corner and realise the acceleration was nothing. Totally and utterly amazing car. It's in for it's 1,000 mile service right now so I'll be able to really open it up tonight on my drive to Bournemouth. Very excited.

I'm really not big on cars, but there's a pretty gangster looking Capri sitting on my drive. I'll see if I can locate a photo...

n271100470_439730_1672.jpg

Not mine, is my brothers, he bought it broken down with a totally fucked engine in the colour and chrome pimped a good few years back now, has slowly been bringing back up to working condition. All I know, it looks nice, and sounds beastly.

Edited by Rummy

Previous methods of transport:

Stagecoach_450x300.jpg

My first car is a 1998 Rover 200, which cost me £600. I would have gone for the usual corsa/polo/clio/fiesta, but for £600 with only 38k on the clock and the condish it was in, i thought it was a bargain. So yeh, i slapped some alloys on and all's fine.

DSCF0002copy.jpg

That is very very cool' date=' Rummy. Is it all now in working order or does your brother still have work to do?[/quote']

I'm not sure, we don't tend to have much casual conversation as he's a very awkward bastard for some unknown reason. He's driven it before, though he broke down one time in the middle of the night coming back late from work and we had to go take him some stuff(tho i think the problem was a loose wire, he just couldn't see in the dark, the tard), and it came up for an MOT recently and I believe it failed, so he's had to do some more to it. Its engine was bust when he got it, and there was alot of corrosion underneath, but he's done like all the work to it himself. There's been bits floating about the house, chairs, wires, clocks, seats, plastic, chromes, all sorts! Atm it's on props in the drive with some of the front lights out, so yeah, I'd say it still needs some more work done to it :P

I've had my Corsa for about 5 years, since I started driving. Both wing mirrors are held on with gaffer tape and it's not even matching; it's light grey. I should probably sort that out. Although every year it passes it's MOT with gaffer taped mirrors, love it. It's a good little car, I'm quite attached to it really.

I've had my Corsa for about 5 years, since I started driving. Both wing mirrors are held on with gaffer tape and it's not even matching; it's light grey. I should probably sort that out. Although every year it passes it's MOT with gaffer taped mirrors, love it. It's a good little car, I'm quite attached to it really.

I Know Why You're Crying

Are They Suspended In Gaffa?

Just found this. Is it just me, or is it more than a bit similar to a certain Manga/Anime bike? Unfortunately it was only a concept and seeing as it was shown in 2003 and hasn't been put into production yet, I think it's safe to say it will never be available to the public.

Suzuki-2003-G-Strider.jpg&usg=AFQjCNHlHxR2QK5QwyZyltZ-WyMCQQoS2w

We all use shoes, even when driving or biking :indeed: I think this thread is about vehicles. If you want to post shoes, make a "post your shoes" thread.

I drive a Ford Ka, I don't really like it and am thinking of selling it because the insurance and tax costs too much. I'll probably make my decision depending on the cost when it comes to reinsuring at the end of the year.

I can't be bothered to find a picture, so here it is on google maps.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=&ie=UTF8&ll=53.369401,-1.4751&spn=0.000123,0.000432&t=h&z=21

The blue on to the right of the red one!

Edited by Shorty

I see two red ones and a shitton of blue ones...

Untitled.jpg

A pic from google maps, since they have a street view....

My trucks the silver one furtherest from the camera, my mom drives the white one, and the little blue Honda is my dads. Was my dads, it got totaled a year ago when he hit a slick spot on the road and went into a culvert.

Edited by Nolan

Very few have the honour to be driven in "The Beast"

Recently its (I've been informed it means) "Air bag inflated" button has lit up. Somewhat worrying/doesn't matter.

Hopefully it will survive its journey to and from Alton Towers. Might need to buy breakdown cover at some point soon/today.

I see two red ones and a shitton of blue ones...

Untitled.jpg

A pic from google maps, since they have a street view....

My trucks the silver one furtherest from the camera, my mom drives the white one, and the little blue Honda is my dads. Was my dads, it got totaled a year ago when he hit a slick spot on the road and went into a culvert.

I love.

Living the american dream, following Scarlet's walk.