Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

GDC 2009

canand

Yeh. Although I love how they stated it'll be out this year. We've heard that before. If they manage to get it out this year I will actually eat a hat (and this I promise to do. No going back on it). And by out this year, I mean it has to include a release in the english language, so either the US or Europe gets it.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon that since Zelda has been announced for the DS, they'll hold back on announcing a new Zelda for the Wii until next year, which is when I would have thought they'd announce it anyway. They have announced it today surely to make room for some of the other titles going to E3 and if Zelda can't fit into what's being shown at E3 then that should mean good things. Right? Look at what happened last time. After Zelda was announced on the DS we got a crap load of Wii stuff at E3 so it seems history may repeat itself this year.

edit: ^ urgh.... wish I hadn't bothered reading that. Unnecessarily creating hype over what will probably be nothing big. I may be wrong but why would Nintendo not announce/reveal the big thing during the Keynote and wait till later in the day when it's likely to be announced behind closed doors and embargoed for weeks/months.

Edited by Ganepark32

Guest Captain Falcon
nAme me one bad zelda game ha.. exactly.

This conferences was at least 3 times better than e3 last year. Vc arcade will ve class.

I could name three :wink:

I had a cumbersome time keeping up with what was happening during Iwata's conference. Luckily I got invited into a multi-convo on MSN where I nabbed a link to a live blog... sounds like what everyone was doing no doubt, but I was stuck on my mobile phone! Still, I managed to catch the headlines and now its time to see what news has surfaced now sites will have had some time to properly write up what took place.

Just before I do that, I think its suffice to say that there was a bunch of huge announcements. I mean we got our storage solution which is what we realistically only hoped we would get. On top of that there's a new Zelda (choo choo!) and I know people might be overlooking it, but the release of the Final Fantasy games on the VC is huge news. Square-Enix said that it would likely never happen as they are content to rerelease the games at retail and milk them to death but Nintendo have turned them around on it. Its a very impressive turn of events. :hehe:

So whats this multi-platform game? The derailed hype train reminds me of the train yard in Final Fantasy VII soooo its gonna be a multiformat remake of FF VII. :heh:

The surprise was the trailer as I don't think anyone expected any form of teaser to appear for a few more weeks yet. No platforms were announced with it though so who knows whether or not the Wii will see a version. As others have said, there is an engine available now so there really isn't an excuse for them to not make it. Trailer was cool though.

Wow, I went into it not expecting anything new to be revealed and we have three big announcements. Not to mention the revelation that Nintendo has (belatedly) listened to its fans and come up with a storage solution.

On a side-note, anyone notice how Zelda is being given otherworldly themes recently? Twilight -> Phantom -> Spirit.

I saw the Modern Warfare 2 teaser and it didn't really do much for me, as it was only a teaser and didn't really reveal anything other than the game is coming out - and it doesn;t as yet state which platform.

I have a horrible feeling it won't come to Wii, but there really isn't any reason it shouldn't. After all COD:WAW has established that these games can become million sellers on the Wii and that the engine works very well.

I really want this to happen as COD:WAW is one of my favorite Wii games.

Why could they not do a oricana of time style 3d game

Because it probably wouldn't turn out to be as good a game. I'd rather have 2D zelda games on the DS and the 3D ones on the Wii. 3D games still work better on consoles for the most part.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!