N-Europe

Dante

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
All the screens look very nice other than the space suit one which sadly looks like ass.

Haha, I looked at the screenshots earlier and thought just that! I didn't want to be the one to say it seeing as I always find it easy to criticise these "mature games."

Dead Space gets a date! :D

Guildford, UK– May 28, 2009 – Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) and its Visceral Games™ studio announced today that Dead SpaceTM Extraction, will be available in stores on September 29, 2009 in North America and October 2, 2009 in Europe exclusively for the Wii™. Dead Space Extraction delivers the highly-polished, action-horror experience the Dead Space franchise is known for while upping the ante for technical excellence on the Wii with some of the best visuals ever showcased on the platform.

“Our team is really excited to bring the intensity of the Dead Space universe to an entire new audience,†said Executive Producer, Steve Papoutsis. “We are going to deliver the same high quality, cinematic experience we delivered in the original Dead Space, while also adding co-op, new enemies, weapons and taking advantage of all of the unique features the Wii has to offer.â€

The section where the helmet is put on, and you can see the reflection of the character's eyes. Reminds me of Metroid Prime.

This is looking really sweet. It definitely looks like something that could scare you. For gamers, it will seem a bit of a shame that there is no control for the character, but I'm willing to let the developers show off some more first before I come to a full conclusion. They seem to be concentrating on the tension and build-up, so maybe part of their thinking is that this would be lost if the gamer had total reign? Who knows, but I want to see more of this.

• 1 month later...

The control set up actually seems pretty good as is. Though, again, a little part inside me screams "let us configure our controls as much as in The Conduit!"

But overall, I still don't know about this. On-Rails games are always so much of a let down, so I'll have to rethink this one. I guess it all depends on when it comes out, and what I've bought recently. When is the release date again?

Looks good, but with the busy period starting september, i can't see myself buying this immediately. I kinda lose interest in on-rail shooters once played for a few hours and can't see myself playing them too much again, so i'll wait for a price drop...unless something amazing happens with it of course! :)

• 1 month later...