N-Europe

Your Curse Words of Choice

Fierce_LiNk

Honestly, I'm not sure what curse words I don't use! I bloody love swearing, and all you people on your high horses or whatever they are thinking bad of swearing, you can all fuck off! They're just words. I'm quite a passionate/emotional person, and sometimes the harsh cut of some swearwords can just express me totally. It probably helps me not do worse things, actually!

I love cunt, prick, fuck(in all its glorious varieties, the best sentences are sometimes the ones with little other words), shit, piss, bollocks, bloody, arse, crap, bugger(I realise these aren't really swears in some people's eyes, I reference them solely because they were apparently once bad to say!) I love em all, to be honest! Sometimes mix up words, like fucktard, prefix or suffix stuff onto other words, all sorts. One of my best to date was when I called someone a cuntburger, and they weren't sure which half to be more confused/offended about. Sometimes it's great just to call someone the most banal thing in the most offensive way, it's even MORE offensive than swearing, brilliant.

I used to hate myself for it, I dunno why but I've sworn like a trooper since...ages back, late primary maybe? I think it was the novelty of finding all these brilliant words you're 'not allowed' to use, but it never wore off for me. In fact, sometimes its brilliant just because it's totally uncalled for(a bit like comedy racism, done well and 'properly'). Anything who hates swearing is just a prick, let's face it. Never heard of this snake thing though, maybe I'm just out of touch with da yoof of 2day.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never heard of this snake thing though, maybe I'm just out of touch with da yoof of 2day.

No, my peers and I just find it more interesting to make up phrases/play with language.

It's self-created, rather than being a trend.

No, my peers and I just find it more interesting to make up phrases/play with language.

It's self-created, rather than being a trend.

Completely agree. A mash-up of swearing is so much more satisfying than just the norm. It's nice seeing someones face when they think "What the hell did they just say?".

I rarely (if ever) swear in Portuguese. First, I'm not used to saying dirty words, Second, most portuguese swear words lack intensity. "Substitute" words actually feel better to say.

In English and Spanish, however, I find it much easier to swear (Crap and Fuck are good swear words. And versatile, too). But I never quite understood why "hell/damn" usually gets replaced with "heck/darn", though.

Despite my behaviour in Portuguese, I don't mind swearing per se. They're just silly words that mean nothing (if I was bothered by it, I'd have gone crazy by now, since nearly everyone I know uses them casually)

I only mind comments that actually intend to insult.

Cool friend who swears > Jerk who never swears

In English and Spanish, however, I find it much easier to swear (Crap and Fuck are good swear words. And versatile, too). But I never quite understood why "hell/damn" usually gets replaced with "heck/darn", though.

Religious sensibilities I suspect, same with "Damn!" becoming the much cutesier "Darn!".

Lest the lord strike us down in vengeance and all that. :blank:

Hmmm, I don't think I swear much actually. I will cry out "fuck" or "verdomme" (damn in Dutch, sort of) when hitting my toe or head or whatever.

And I do swear while playing Mario Kart with someone, heh. Usually just "fuck" or "damnit" or "shit".

I also use "darn" sometimes, but more as a sort of... disappointment kind of thing. =P

I like saying "Awwww, Bugger!" like Unlucky Alf from The Fast Show. I use that regarding football results (like Burnley V Tottenham last night. Burnley lost, I went "Aw, bugger!")

I use fuck, shite, twat (I always pronounce the "T" at the end.), bollocks, bugger, bloody hell and cock. As well as any good ones I've nicked from TV shows.

I tried implementing "Baka" and "Kuso" into my speech. But it didn't fit me at all. I'm too British to use foreign swearwords.

Wait a minute, bugger is considered swearing?..

According to my friends I'm a swearing genuis. I swear far too much, and when I rant it gets a bit too much.

Though I've got to a point where I swear too much, sometimes the words sneak in without realising it. Fuck, Cunt and Twat are common usage.

Swearing is brilliant, its used to express emotion a lot faster than normal words can do. It can also make things funnier.

People who say swearing means your culcabulury is small are wrong, it can take a great ammount of wit to place them in conversation for the best effects.

Even Steven Fry says anyone who says this is talking utter bollocks.

I swear more when I'm drunk and I swear alot more when I'm playing Mariokart too. Mainly at peach, I call her a 'whorebag' 'slaaag' and 'pirate hooker'.

For general use it's all the normal ones; bollocks, shit, fuck, bugger. We say slag alot at work, it's just fun, ha. All depends on the situation though really, my parentals hate it so swearing occurs more around my friends.

My top 3 are:

Crap - Used as a substitute to rubbish, so used quite abit actually, though it's not too bad a swear word.

Bloody / bugger - Surly bloody isn't swearing? It's like the classical english saying.

"You daft Bastard" - I think it sounds quite comical with daft infront. This is mainly used when someone does something obviously stupid.

I love a good swear. Always a nice way to let some aggression out without resorting to hitting someone. I use all of the usual swear words. Sometimes say 'poppycock' just to keep up the whole private-school educated facade. Always goes down well but has to be done with the fat, pompous man voice and you have to get into it as well so after saying it, you have to string a few pompous words together, such as ferraro rocher.

I don't understand why people get offended by swearing nowadays. It's so common place that there's no need for it. I've seen kids as young as 4 or 5 swearing.

Anyways, I try not swear too much but with somethings it really can't be helped.

I tend to say bloody hell/fuck's sake.

I don't like to curse in front of children or people I would imagine that may get offended... ie just with friends. It is a good way to get out some non violent aggression!

On the other hand, people that curse all the time are really annoying (except for the AVGN, hes just awesome in video form) I get really annoyed at my sister because she has a tendency to curse very loudly in public places >_<

Its a matter of knowing the time and the place.. I don't think it should be a staple part of someone's vocab.