NEurope
Supergrunch

A chilling cold has pierced the tender green...

Apparently it's currently the coldest it's been in England for 10 years, and I'm certainly feeling the effects. Having only just come back to my room, the walls and so on are all icy cold, and as such my heater isn't doing much good right now. Are other people having similar experiences? And do they have any warmth related tips?

On the demo and in the Emirates today I couldn't feel my feet. It was so cold.

I have bad circulation as well.

Like Daft, I was also at a football stadium today. I couldn't feel my feet either.

My tip is the most obvious: Wear more layers, such as two pairs of socks.

If you have a sleeping bag around, get in it and don't get out of it unless you need the toilet.

Sometimes sacrifices have to be made. But I'm sure you'd quickly warm up if your just stayed there and did it. :heh: But I'm pretty sure it won't be long before you cool down again. :shakehead

I've been doing an R.P. McMurphy all day with my sleeves rolled up; so damn hot in my flat. Laptop melting a hole in my legs, too.

Considering I've not had the heating on I've been alright. I suppose living in just one room ensures all the heat stays in :p The only time I do get cold is going to another room.

And going outside of course but I tend to wear four layers (tops-wise), a scarf and two pairs of gloves.

According to my widget though Monday is meant to be a scorcher. 9 degrees! (although im sure that keeps moving back...)

It's been windy all day today. With the window closed all I can here is a whistling noise. I went out earlier in a t-shirt to see if I had any post, I definitely needed another layer.

iz rli rli cold

I was literally freezing my absolute balls off on Friday. I bought a smoothie from down town, and had to swap hands literally every 10 seconds, it was just making my hands turn to utter ice.

It was quite cold when I went out yesterday but I put on my amazing coat which keeps me so warm! Combine that with my paraguian blood and I didn't really feel the cold. :heh:

Ooh and also this excellent gloves which can transform from mittens INTO fingerless gloves. :o

Though when in doors I'm pretty much under my Duvet :p (or wearing my new fleece.)

I saw stay indoors and wrap up in many layers!

My tip is the most obvious: Wear more layers, such as two pairs of socks.

Incorrect! The most obvious answer is don't go to football stadiums.

I had no hot water or heating for 6 days when I got back to university! The block's boiler was messed and it took them ages to fix it. Just wore more layers and made use of the kettle and had lots of soup!

It was quite cold when I went out yesterday but I put on my amazing coat which keeps me so warm! Combine that with my paraguian blood and I didn't really feel the cold. :heh:

Ooh and also this excellent gloves which can transform from mittens INTO fingerless gloves. :o

Though when in doors I'm pretty much under my Duvet :p (or wearing my new fleece.)

I saw stay indoors and wrap up in many layers!

Dear boy, I've been searching for/asking people if they know where to get such a pair of gloves for at least a week! I wish for some, as I often swiftly require the use of my fingers, but such a need is thwarted should they be cold fingers!

The house isn't too bad, but we gots good heatings and an old calor gas heater set up at the back, on top of which most of my day is spent here in bed. As for me and the outside though, I've not been out sober much in the last few days, but done this annoying half hour walk a fair few times over the last few weeks, tis brutal on me hands, like can't feel them for about half hour after I get in the warmth. Hell for texting, too. I have often faced ReZ's dilemma, too, but I tend to decide to sacrifice one hand to it all and save the other, lest I get two very cold and useless hands.

Pffft. I grew up in the highlands - this was beach weather for us. Then we'd come back and fight the sea eagles for some coal to eat.

I found it was alot colder last night than it is today..when we had snow/frost earlier last week it was alot colder also..

It must be warm because I'm too hot wearing jeans, hurray.

I have those! they're cream with little sequins and stuff, very pretty and practical :)

EET IS FUCKING FREEZING >_<

No it isn't. Grow some balls. If you had balls then you'd know that it isn't cold as they would be hanging down rather than tucked up inside like they do when you go in the Atlantic ocean.

If you find yourself having the wear a suit/thing jeans, do what a friend of mine and I did in our 6th form (where suits were required) in winter, and wear long johns! :heh: