Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Weight Loss 2009

ReZourceman

Thanks scg :)

Monitoring yourself daily is a good idea, but dont take it to heart if it doesnt work out, because weight fluctuates from day to day.

Basically if i step on the scales and see my weight veering on the wrong side of where I want it to be, i'm gonna be extra good to counteract it. But I won't let it drive me crazy.

Truth, when my weight isn't going the way I want it to I just do something extra that day to try and make it go the other way but you're right that there's no point in obsessing over it and worrying but being just that little bit more aware until things are going your way again does help. :)

Anyone can do it! :) I've weighed 12 stone for nearly 5 years and now I weigh 8st 9lbs after 6 months of eating better and doing more excerise, and a small daily dose of Wii Fit. My BMI is now at a healthy 21.55 and I haven't felt this good since I was at school. The hard work is worth it for the rewards of feeling great.

Well done Nicktendo! that's actually around the weight I'm aiming for, well ideally a few lbs over 9st but I'll be happy with 9st. :)

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go ooooon Raining and Scary Cool Ghost. You can do eeeet. Do eeet naaaw!

At the moment, I feel a lot fitter. I was at the gym yesterday, kicking some arse on the treadmill, and one of my brother's mates jumped on the machine next to me. He went for 2 mins at the same speed as I did, then slowed it down to a walking speed, pumped the speed back up for another minute and got off, looking a bit tired. All the while, I was still going.

POWWWWER!

I need to start upping the speed now, though. I think my stamina is getting better, but I'm now gonna be starting to push myself a bit more. I wish I was playing football or something now though, so I could use my awesome in practice.

Yeah as Flink said... "Do eat naw".

I'm getting the old press-ups going atm. Always been crap at them but am starting to get some more upper body strength now I feel and so am gradually getting better and better.

Do that thiiing that was posted on the other page, about doing 100 consecutive press-ups.

At the moment, I get to around 45 and my arms fall off. :( I dunno if thats good or bad, haha.

What was it?

Finally weighed myself after getting back from uni. Without even trying I've gained weight (a good thing). It's probably bad weight (not muscle) but I've gained a good 12 pounds from somewhere. It feels weird being above 8 1/2 st :)

I've also started doing this http://hundredpushups.com/ just to see how far I can get, I've managed 10 pressup (never been able to do more then 3 :D)

There you go, Sexy_LiNk.

Anyone can do it! :) I've weighed 12 stone for nearly 5 years and now I weigh 8st 9lbs after 6 months of eating better and doing more excerise, and a small daily dose of Wii Fit. My BMI is now at a healthy 21.55 and I haven't felt this good since I was at school. The hard work is worth it for the rewards of feeling great.

How tall are you for you to have a bmi of 21.55 but only 8st 9lbs? :S

ok I need some help here.. I;m a rather thin guy about 57kg I think or 8 and a half stone more or lress and am looking to do the opposite and put on weight..

Is there any fitness freaks here that know exactly what I should and should not eat cause I know nothing about this stuff :) any help would be appreciated

5 foot 3.. *sigh* :(

But what you lack in height, you make up for in awesome. Yeeeeeeees.

ok I need some help here.. I;m a rather thin guy about 57kg I think or 8 and a half stone more or lress and am looking to do the opposite and put on weight..

Is there any fitness freaks here that know exactly what I should and should not eat cause I know nothing about this stuff :) any help would be appreciated

Quick question, what do you eat? Give us an example of your daily routine, including what you eat for breakfast and stuff.

Quick question, what do you eat? Give us an example of your daily routine, including what you eat for breakfast and stuff.

you're not going to be impressed but for the last while.. fast stuff mostly..chips and the like.

I realise that a change is needed anyway :)

you're not going to be impressed but for the last while.. fast stuff mostly..chips and the like.

I realise that a change is needed anyway :)

It's not surprising you mentioned the word fast, because a lot of people (including me, at some points anyway) just eat food that is "easy" or readily available. There are chip shops scattered all over the place, McDonalds on every corner, and you can always buy bags of chips or oven chips for low prices. Given that life can be busy, stressful and relentless, it's no surprise that people opt for this "fast" food.

Like I mentioned to EssSeeGee a few pages back, you need to instill variety into your life. What I found that worked for me was getting a regular combination of meat, fish, fruit and vegetables. The brilliant thing about fruit and veg is that they come in all shapes and sizes, and they're delicious, juicy, sweet, and can be filling. I purposefully try to eat more apples, bananas and oranges. Today, I've...eaten about 3 apples and 2 bananas...they're just too tasty.

So, try to add some variety. Food can be a wonderful and exciting thing if you see it in the right light. If you look at food in the sense of "well, its something I do to ensure I dont collapse and can go for another couple of hours", you won't be doing your body much good then. Be positive. Welcome all kinds of food into your life. :)

Yeah but you can have fast and reasonably healthy food. Salads are of course quick to bang out. Stir-frys and nachos (not together obviously) can be healthy depending on what you put on them and take about ten minutes. Or a pitta bread stuffed with things (personally I do roasted veg and some quorn pieces marinated in spicy sauce) with a salad on the side.

I know what its like to get in from work and think "URGH, long day, lets just throw something in the oven" but I now find cooking with music on to be relaxing and more rewarding than what I used to do; stick in some oven chips and watch TV.

Yeah but you can have fast and reasonably healthy food. Salads are of course quick to bang out. Stir-frys and nachos (not together obviously) can be healthy depending on what you put on them and take about ten minutes. Or a pitta bread stuffed with things (personally I do roasted veg and some quorn pieces marinated in spicy sauce) with a salad on the side.

I know what its like to get in from work and think "URGH, long day, lets just throw something in the oven" but I now find cooking with music on to be relaxing and more rewarding than what I used to do; stick in some oven chips and watch TV.

Yeah, that's true about the fast and healthy bit. I had a close friend who used to cook for me sometimes, and she used to make me these little pitta breads with mackerel, lettuce, cucumber and tomato inside. Not sure how healthy that is, but it was bluddy delicious. :D

Cooking can be great fun, and it's really nice to do with other people if you get the chance. Making my first Lasagna with Ine was a really special experience.

I suppose a naan bread pizza is pretty quick to bang together. Again I used roasted veg which is a bit quicker than meat (and better of course :p) but did that in a pan for a few minutes, then covered the naan bread with tomato puree and scattered the topping on top and put it in the oven for about 6 minutes. Can make it healthier by choosing healthy option naan bread and tomato puree and while its not exactly the healthiest thing ever its quick (about ten minutes), tasty and not going to kill you...I'd guess.

And cooking with others is fun. Particularly baking as its messy :p

I quite like cooking for others actually (as long as its veggie), shame I never have anyone to cook for.

*high freakin five* - same height same weight!! lol!

*returned* :)

But what you lack in height, you make up for in awesome. Yeeeeeeees.[/Quote]

If only my ex thought that... :bowdown:

Anyway I've decided to go on a 2 month excerise and eating well bender. Cycling 8 miles a day and doing 200 reps of weights, and wrist cruncher things, and 100 sit ups and 100 press ups.

Cutting out ALL Pizza, Kebabs, 'unnecessary' cheese, white bread, chocolate and crisps.

Started yesterday and so far so good :)

Edited by Nicktendo

Well I am now considered to be an 'ideal weight' on Wii-Fit :D though I must stress when I got the result it was on the line but still, the right side of the line so I'm still happy. ^^'

I'm not gonna get complacent though and say 'Well that's it, my BMI says ideal so I'm done' far from it... I know that I need to be at least a fair bit into the ideal area in order to maintain a healthy weight; this new reading means that I've put on 2lbs since the weekend which is really good for me, especially considering that it was Tuesday yesterday - my longer day at work - and I would have burnt more calories than normal.

It's a good start anyway and proves that I must be doing at least something right finally. :)

Well I am now considered to be an 'ideal weight' on Wii-Fit :D though I must stress when I got the result it was on the line but still, the right side of the line so I'm still happy. ^^'

I'm not gonna get complacent though and say 'Well that's it, my BMI says ideal so I'm done' far from it... I know that I need to be at least a fair bit into the ideal area in order to maintain a healthy weight; this new reading means that I've put on 2lbs since the weekend which is really good for me, especially considering that it was Tuesday yesterday - my longer day at work - and I would have burnt more calories than normal.

It's a good start anyway and proves that I must be doing at least something right finally. :)

I think a good BMI to aim for is 20-22, seems like this is a nice weight to maintian. Just be careful, if you put on alot of muscle it could make your BMI abnormally high.

BMI is not an ideal way of evaluating yourself. It doesn't take build, age, or lots of other things, into account.

Your build (fellas' especially) can change over time. When I was 18 I was 9 stone, and looked healthy; if I were 9 stone now I would look ill. So my 'healthy' BMI has changed too.

Hey, congratulations - reaching any kind of target weight is one of life's richest achievements. Now celebrate by having a week of takeout pizzas! ;)

It's definitely a good idea to keep going. Now that you've got the fat on the run, it's a lot easier to carry on now than it is to take a break and start all over again later.

Wii Fit is always something I dust off again to keep my muscles (especially my back) active, thinking I'll keep my eating habits the same. But surely and slowly, the urge to track my weight and think about what I eat creeps in. I've lost 10lb recently, bringing my BMI to the middle of the Ideal range. Very satisfying.

Hey, congratulations - reaching any kind of target weight is one of life's richest achievements. Now celebrate by having a week of takeout pizzas! ;)

Hehe thanks :) actually I'm trying to gain weight so I may do the Pizza thing anyway... :heh:

I've lost 10lb recently, bringing my BMI to the middle of the Ideal range. Very satisfying.

Congrats Patch! :) and you're right, it is satisfying when the weight starts going in the direction you want it to.

Bleh... Wii Fit politely informed me that I'd somehow lost 2lb since yesterday... I knew this would happen :/ ah well Wii Fit can sod off now until I get back from the meet :heh: with any luck I'll put some wieght on over the weekend, we shall see.

Oh and it also told me that in order to be a truely healthy weight that I'd have to gain an extra stone or something, so it would seem that even my ideal initial target of 9st 5lb's isn't good enough and I apparently should be aiming for something like 10st 5lb... meh, I'm not giving up, just boycotting Wii Fit for a few days. >.>

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!