N-Europe

Christmas dinner

Dog-amoto

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last two years the xmas cooking has been reserved for us nippers rather than me mam. We've not got any grub in the house ready yet - sister arrives on monday so no doubt will do a food run while I live it up with the iNEars. Most important is that enough alcohol is stocked, for i plan to drink lots and lots while 'cooking'.

I've always had that for xmas, except one year when I was ill and miserable and so I had pancakes instead.

Mmmmmm.... Can't wait. Pigs in blankets are indeed Teh Win.

Im a Vegan so I normally have the standard veg , nomrally Neeps , spruts,carrots .

As for the Turkey replacement i havent quite figured it out yet , im gong to look in holland and barret and a health food shop on monday , thinking maybe Beech Smoked Tofu or some sort of Special veg/nut cutlet thing .

Wow, someone else who's vegan. That doesn't happen too often

Christmas day starts off with Champagne and smoked salmon with scrambled eggs for breakfast. Although I don't like smoked salmon (black sheep of the family) so I just have the eggs and booze. Then this year for the main meal we're having turkey and goose with all the trimmings. There's always days worth of leftovers, man I love the turkey/stuffing sandwiches, mmm.

Pigs in Blankets (Read: Essential)

Goes without saying, but I refuse to use that name, it's too much of an americanism, they are sausages wrapped in bacon, and always will be.

New or Mash Potatoes

Roast Potatoes

Try roast new potatoes, they are beautiful.

Christmas day starts off with Champagne and smoked salmon with scrambled eggs for breakfast. Although I don't like smoked salmon (black sheep of the family) so I just have the eggs and booze. Then this year for the main meal we're having turkey and goose with all the trimmings. There's always days worth of leftovers, man I love the turkey/stuffing sandwiches, mmm.

Champagne breakfast? Your classes upon classes above the area you live. (Also a freak for not liking Smoked Salmon...but think I've told you that before)

My ideal Christmas Dinner is ;

Turkey

Gravy

Roast Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Honey Roast Parsnips

Carrots

Peas

Stuffing

Pigs in Blankets

Yorkshire Pudding

*Drools*

Pudding was usually Christmas pudding. My mum made this amazing amazing amazing brandy butter. I will have to get the recipe and hope I can at least come close to the deliciousness she made it.

I'll be at my aunts this Xmas. Probably will be starting off Prawn Cocktail, then a traditional Turkey dinner (all the usual: Turkey, Roast Potatoes, Mash Potato, Bacon Sausages, Carrots, Sprouts, Stuffing, Yorkie Puds, Cauliflower, Peas, Gravy, etc). Not sure what I'll be having for pudding (Xmas Cake and Xmas Pudding are some of the most vile things ever created). Probably just standard Ice Cream.

IT IS ALL ABOUT CHINESE ON BOXING DAY MY FRIENDS!

Chinese on Xmas Eve.

we have one rule in our house: If you've not eaten enough to be basically incapacitated, you're not finished. Dinner here is titanic: All the ingredients of a Turkey Roast included as standard in massive quantities.

one thing I've noticed a lack of in this thread is stuffing. Do you guys not have any? we have about 4 types :D

I'm actually really quite excited about this meal. It's going to be absolutely fucking ace.