N-Europe

Little King's Story is the best new IP to hit the wii from a 3rd party!

Trust me, it's one of those games that shows games can be a work of art.

Great story telling, Great music, brilliant characters.

I highly encourage people in considering buying this if there will ever be another drought of NINTENDO games.

DS-Wii connectivity is criminally underused already
Tell me about it.

Now that we have a much better system in place (compared to GBA-GCN), backlit screens, wireless connection... No one takes advantage of it, not even Nintendo! ::shrug:

In fact, what games have used it? All I can think of is Pokémon. :hmm: Oh- and transferring data with AC:Wild World I guess, but that was pretty much one-way traffic. :zzz:

It should have been utilised in AC like the GCN version, downloadable pattern maker software, tropical island, NES games, etc...

Mario Kart Wii and DS could have hooked up too, sending over custom decals from the portable game to use on Wii.

Mario & Sonic (or any game released on both platforms) is another no brainer for DS-Wii connection.

At least we can use the feature to download DS demos from the Nintendo Channel, but it really should be getting a lot more use for gameplay.

But who are we kidding? It's Mario Party 9.
And you're usually right with these kind of predictions...

Damn. :heh:

GH5 has the best linkup going.
Another one to add to the minuscule list then.

I've not played it, but now that you mention it I recall seeing something about the DS-Wii feature for that game... Think it was part of a US Nintendo Channel vid on YouTube. :hmm:

But yeah, nice to know there's some more decent usage of the linkup feature out there. icon14.gif

I still have pacman VS...Great party game.
Same here, quality game. :)

Was pretty much impossible to play it with the original GBA though. The SP and its improved screen helped matters somewhat, but didn't solve the problem of tangled Link and GC pad cables. :heh:

Imagine how sweet it'd be with a Wii Remote(s) / DS setup. They should so WiiWare it solely for the convenience aspect. :awesome:

Guest Captain Falcon
Yeah man, that sounds like a winner. :laughing:

wiifund.jpg

Do you think this will be compatible with the Wii Vitality sensor?

Little King's Story is the best new IP to hit the wii from a 3rd party!

Trust me, it's one of those games that shows games can be a work of art.

Great story telling, Great music, brilliant characters.

I'm sorry my friend, but No More Heroes begs to differ...

All the talk of this possible new IP announcement, surely this has gotta show up again at some point... unless Nintendo have ditched it already as with Project Hammer.

You know I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo just produce a bunch of 10 second tech demos for E3 which they put into a montage, (to keep the Nintendo fans onside) which they have no intention of developing!

That, along with Dynamic Slash, was shown at their fall conference last year, not E3.

This article sums up what we know about the game so far, and it sounds like its a real project. Unfortunately, it also sounds like the sort of thing that will stay in japan.

That was brilliant, RedShell. :)

Also, just because I'm awesome. I'm going to take a stab at saying it could be Pikmin 3 because of the following:

• IGN said it was "Out of the Blue" - Although it was announced in 2008 at E3, we haven't heard anything from it since.
  • IGN also said it "wasn't a B title" - Pikmin 3 would definitely be an A title.

Whatever, Miyamoto is speaking on the 24th - we'll find out soon enough.

Tell me about it.

Now that we have a much better system in place (compared to GBA-GCN), backlit screens, wireless connection... No one takes advantage of it, not even Nintendo! ::shrug:

:

It failed so badly for gamecube and GBA can you blame them? No i'd rather they continue their focus on on-line gaming than gimmicky stuff like that.

It failed so badly for gamecube and GBA can you blame them? No i'd rather they continue their focus on on-line gaming than gimmicky stuff like that.

Nintendo's focus on online? You're taking the pee, right?

Nintendo has presented their online as a gimmick since Day One: They've arguably released just three major titles with significant online options since Wii's launch- wheres the online in NSMBWii? Online jams with Wii Music? Stat tracking, co-operative exercises in Wii Fit? DLC in Zelda? Wii Sports/Resort? WarioWare? A list of missed oportunities and disapointments.

Nintendo has presented their online as a gimmick since Day One: They've arguably released just three major titles with significant online options since Wii's launch- wheres the online in NSMBWii? Online jams with Wii Music? Stat tracking, co-operative exercises in Wii Fit? DLC in Zelda? Wii Sports/Resort? WarioWare? A list of missed oportunities and disapointments.

you wouln't consider mario kart's multiplayer to be focused on on-line? Yes it really was even at the sacrifice of the battle mode.

NSMB isn't a game I would see on-line shining through mind. That being said it should have it and miyamoto pisses me off when he thinks his fans are idiots.

You said warioware, cmon that wasn't even multiplayer in the first place.(sharing a controller doesn't really count lets be fair)

zelda was a gamecube game,

wii music thankfully isn't online. :)

I'll agree with wi sports resort, they clearly wanted all the attention on motion plus and I gotta be honest I think the game is pretty mediocre. Cycling? are they high?

Ya I understand their focus isn't great but it would be a lot worse if they brought connectivity back. Nobody wanted it back in gamecubes time and nothing really has changed.

Nintendos focus is completely on the casual gamer, so it's never going to happen anyway. it WOULD be easier to do now, I just still don't think anything useless could come from it. Pacman vs was a fluke.

They will come to their senses once it's a 'must have' in the industry.

So just like HD support, wii2 will have all the main sh!t under control (On-line awesomeness, HD, motion controls, multimedia-ish stuff and what not) and then present to us a new ocean, which, hopefully, isn't adding someting just for the sake of adding something....

^ I wouldn't hold your breath on that. Nintendo have never been one to spend money unless they really have to. Multimedia functions? Yeh, that'd cost them money to support so I don't see Nintendo investing in anything other than bog standard DVD support and .aac, or whatever it is for music files, for the near future. Likewise, to put out a proper online setup would require them to spend money and time to set it all up. Yes, they moved in the right direction with Mario Kart but it's still far from perfect and Animal Crossing represents perhaps the biggest missed opportunity for a game to come from Nintendo yet in terms of online possibilities. But blah blah. It's all been said before and I'm sure much of it will be said again when Nintendo do get round to a new console.

That said, I did read somewhere earlier in the week an interview with Miyamoto where he said he expects the Wii's successor to once again be another low cost console. I'll have a look for the source but that was what he thinks it'll be. Perhaps it was to lower peoples' expectations or perhaps that will genuinely be the case. Who knows.

Just as we all said, Miyamoto's keynote brought us nothing new, and he didn't announce his retirement - for all those concerned (phew). I've added some noteworthy things from the keynote below:

• Miyamoto: I was doing band, playing bluegrass music. Was a pretty child with long hair at the time.
  • Miyamoto: The concept of Donkey Kong. Decide to see the moment I saw the game screen. To move from point to point in that. Devise a ladder or structure within it.
  • Nintendo opposed the creation of the original Zelda (action game with RPG elements)
  • Miyamoto: The Super Nintendo controller into a single button 4 button design LR. This also heated debate within the company. When the 64 put on a stick in the middle.
  • “Mr. Miyamoto is left-handed” [Personal Note - Just like Link, eh?]
  • Nintendo didn’t like Zelda’s free roaming open world. Coz the players wouldn’t know where to go next.
  • Miyamoto: The GameCube controller is a little failure.
  • “They told me Americans prefer cool over cute”. About Pokemon.
  • Miyamoto said that both NoE and NoA hated the name Wii, because it sounded like a slang word for urine. But now many people feel familiar with the name.
  • He said the gaming industry is at its finest when the games are easy to understand, easy to play. (Accessibility, etc.)

Full Article:

http://www.wiinintendo.net/2009/10/23/covering-shigeru-miyamoto-keynote-at-digital-contents-expo/

On another note, WiiNintendo did a Rumor Round-Up about the unannounced new game. Information Here.

Edited by LostOverThere

Well we'll find out today..i have the USA Nintendo Channel..so i'll keep checking...supposadely we shouldn't get hyped as the game isn't as good as you probably think it'll be...(so IGN say anyway..even before seeing the final product).

Just as we all said, Miyamoto's keynote brought us nothing new, and he didn't announce his retirement - for all those concerned (phew). I've added some noteworthy things from the keynote below:

• Miyamoto: I was doing band, playing bluegrass music. Was a pretty child with long hair at the time.
  • Miyamoto: The concept of Donkey Kong. Decide to see the moment I saw the game screen. To move from point to point in that. Devise a ladder or structure within it.
  • Nintendo opposed the creation of the original Zelda (action game with RPG elements)
  • Miyamoto: The Super Nintendo controller into a single button 4 button design LR. This also heated debate within the company. When the 64 put on a stick in the middle.
  • “Mr. Miyamoto is left-handed†[Personal Note - Just like Link, eh?]
  • Nintendo didn’t like Zelda’s free roaming open world. Coz the players wouldn’t know where to go next.
  • Miyamoto: The GameCube controller is a little failure.
  • “They told me Americans prefer cool over cuteâ€. About Pokemon.
  • Miyamoto said that both NoE and NoA hated the name Wii, because it sounded like a slang word for urine. But now many people feel familiar with the name.
  • He said the gaming industry is at its finest when the games are easy to understand, easy to play. (Accessibility, etc.)

Full Article:

http://www.wiinintendo.net/2009/10/23/covering-shigeru-miyamoto-keynote-at-digital-contents-expo/

On another note, WiiNintendo did a Rumor Round-Up about the unannounced new game. Information Here.

Hmm wonder why he called the gamecube controller a failure? Ok, it was the only controller to bring nothing to be table to be fair but it's one of my favourite to use.