Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

What's worrying for my Wii is that there were only maybe 3 games that appealed to me there, of which one was a remake, and one was multi-platform. They really, really need to get more European & North American developers on-side. Far, far too many JRPG's for my liking.

Far too many JRPGs on Wii? I wish! Theres Tales of Symphonia 2, Opoona (neither of which appeared in that video, did they?),... and... ::shrug:

I think he was referring to either Prince of Persia or PES.

Neither of those games you've mentioned are remakes or bad ports. Prince of Persia was designed specifically for the Wii and is great (bar the combat which is an issue with all versions of The Forgotten Sands) and similarly, PES was designed for the Wii.

And has anyone else spotted the typo/mistake in the quote Darksnowman has posted from Miyamoto's interview with Edge? I presume it's a mistake on Edge's behalf but it's rather humorous that Miyamoto is referred to as a 'she' :laughing:

And has anyone else spotted the typo/mistake in the quote Darksnowman has posted from Miyamoto's interview with Edge? I presume it's a mistake on Edge's behalf but it's rather humorous that Miyamoto is referred to as a 'she' :laughing:

I noticed that as well. "S" is quite close to "E" on the keyboard though, so if they were typing really fast, it could have easily happened.

Neither of those games you've mentioned are remakes or bad ports. Prince of Persia was designed specifically for the Wii and is great (bar the combat which is an issue with all versions of The Forgotten Sands) and similarly, PES was designed for the Wii.

I never implied they were. Just trying to make sense of The Fish.

Picked up Mercury Meltdown for a mere £2.99 today! I don't know much about it but for that price, it'll do for a night of mercury based fun! And I remember reading a review way back saying it was pretty good!

Awesome!

Picked up Mercury Meltdown for a mere £2.99 today! I don't know much about it but for that price, it'll do for a night of mercury based fun! And I remember reading a review way back saying it was pretty good!

Awesome!

Nice bargain! Its decent enough but I ended up trading it in after a few months.

Nintendo Make Losses Of $941 Million In Piracy

According to CESA, the game (and Giratina) was illegally downloaded 2,071,006 times. A far cry from the five million plus Dissidia: Final Fantasy downloads, but over two million is still a hefty figure. CESA estimates losses of 9,469 million yen ($103 million). Of course, that number doesn’t take used game sales, trading, and people who would have passed on purchasing the game unless it snowed in Bowser’s Castle.

Pokemon: Diamond was the number two most downloaded game with 1,862,899 transfers. Pokemon: Pearl, the companion game to Pokemon: Diamond, was number seven on the list with 1,441,273 downloads. Add those all together and you get 5,375,178 downloads of Pokemon: Diamond / Pearl / Platinum worth 24,575 million yen($269 million) in sales.

These are other top pirated and top selling Nintendo DS games in Japan

Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies –

1,551,085 downloads worth 8,835 million yen ($97 million).

Mario Party DS –

1,470,231 downloads worth 6,722 million yen ($74 million).

New Super Mario Bros. –

1,455,577 downloads worth 6,655 million yen ($73 million).

Mario Kart –

1,447,781 downloads worth 6,619 million yen ($72 million).

Pokemon: SoulSilver –

1,129,469 worth 5,164 million yen ($56 million).

Top selling titles not targeted at core gamers were downloaded significantly less. Only 306,561 people downloaded the tenth game on the list, Tomodachi Collection. English Training, number 11, was downloaded 201,292 times. Now for a statistic that should lighten the mood, Common Sense Training was the 17th best selling Nintendo DS game, but the least pirated game on the list with only 89,667 downloads.

CESA reports a total of 19,347,668 downloads for the top twenty DS games and 86 billion yen ($941 million) in damages.

Edited by Dante

Same. But I would have rathered the smell of Tales of Graces.

Most companies don't have a thing called 'common sense' Perhaps from now on game companies when looking for employers should have in their application common sense. Perhaps then companies won't lose millions.

Regarding Castlevania Lords of Shadow on Wii...

The reason we didn’t do Wii or DS, or anything else like that, is because we wanted to bring it into the mainstream. And in many ways mainstream gaming is Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. We didn’t want to do a family friendly version. This is a pretty dark game and just wouldn’t work on the Nintendo systems. - developer Dave Cox

^ Guess he hasn't played the DS Castlevanias then has he. They certainly weren't family friendly. And I'm sure they'll probably be better games than Lord of Shadows (I'm not being bitter that it's not coming to the Wii as I could get it for either the 360 or PS3 if I wanted but 3D castlevania titles scream 'No' to me and so far, it looks like a glorified God of War title so still a no thank you from me)

Rising Star Games to the rescue again: They're publishing Ivy The Kiwi? in Europe for both the DS and Wii.

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=126528

These guys just keep giving and giving with the good games and I'm definitely looking forward to this one.

Does that include the Wiiware and DSiWare versions?

Edit: nevermind read the press release.

I was hoping it would get an English release. I'll probably buy the DSiWare version.

WTH this is strange, accourding to gamespot "Baten Kaitos Origins" will be on the show flour of namco/bandai. No platforms where listed, could it be a port of a 4 year old game (highly doubting that) or a new game in the Baten Kaitos series and gamespot listed it incorrectly.

bko.jpg

Also Gamespot is listing Zelda Wii and Xenoblade to be on the show flour and thous probably playable: peace:

atgam.jpg

At the moment, those are merely speculations on Gamespot's behalf. Xenoblade will surely be there in some form. Whether it's playable I don't know although it is out now in Japan so I'm sure they could have it playable. I still don't think Zelda Wii will be playable. Well, not at least on the show floor. I think some journalists will get to go hands on behind closed doors.

As for Baten Kaitos Origins appearing, :shakehead Think it's just a mistake. The opportunity to re-release (or release in Europe's case) the game has sort of come and gone with the New Play Control thing being finished.

CNBC reveals worldwide sales

1. New Super Mario Bros. Wii (14.7 million worldwide)

2. Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (14 million worldwide)

3. Battlefield: Bad Company 2

4. Final Fantasy XIII (5.5 million worldwide)

5. Wii Fit Plus

6. God Of War III

7. Pokemon SoulSilver Version (8.4 million combined worldwide)

8. Wii Sports Resort

9. Mass Effect 2 (1.6 million worldwide)

10. Pokemon HeartGold Version (8.4 million combined worldwide)

WTH this is strange, accourding to gamespot "Baten Kaitos Origins" will be on the show flour of namco/bandai. No platforms where listed, could it be a port of a 4 year old game (highly doubting that) or a new game in the Baten Kaitos series and gamespot listed it incorrectly.

bko.jpg

Also Gamespot is listing Zelda Wii and Xenoblade to be on the show flour and thous probably playable: peace:

atgam.jpg

lol Baten Kaitos origins, as epic it would be to get a game that has a superior storyline in gaming since...forever on the Wii or DS, I don't think dumco would be intelligent to give Nintendo the right to make the game game with monolith .

Oh and Dante, from the comments from other websites, Gamespot has done it before last year, so it's 99% fake :heh: