NEurope

how is the sound quality?(on black ops for instance) is it as atrosious as the wii speak crappy sound?

The sound quality on Wii Speak games is a reflection on how much bandwidth the developers are prepared to sacrifice for higher quality sound.

A game with lots of going on would need to go with poor sound clips because so much more info has to be communicated... And since Nintendo doesn't provide any short of comprehensive online service for developers to use, they are limited in terms of resources available.

If Black Ops sounds good, I would suspect it is because the developer has a good online infrastructure underpinning it all - one that doesnt comply with, and hence isn't limited by, the NWFC.

Question:

I recently bought a component cable and hooked it up to my HDTV - with no HD subscription to get HD channels - but, despite the fact that the colours look really vivid, the textures are still rather off.

They are the kind of textures you sometimes see on pics from 3D games, those unable to form a curve without being blockish.

Is this just the best a Wii can do, or can everything in fact BE smooth?

Without knowing what exactly your picture quality looks like, I can say that it sounds like something's wrong, because my HD television with component cables looks absolutely glorious.

Stupid Question: Just to make sure you have set the resolution to 480p? Because there is a HUGE difference between i and p, although I doubt you'd have made that mistake. What brand a the component cables?

They are the kind of textures you sometimes see on pics from 3D games, those unable to form a curve without being blockish.

The Wii's component does have a lot of jaggies.

I believe I have the official NINTENDO component cables; the one that comes in the box with the trademarked Wii logo.

Yeah I have the Official Wii/Nintendo Componant Cable and think everything looks pretty damn lovely!

Published in the Latest Famitsu:

Capcom

- Resident Evil Revelations is currently 20% complete

- Mercenaries 3D is currently 70% complete

- move while shooting in Mercenaries

Marvelous

- new horror game for Wii

- do out March 24th

- balance board support

- written as "イケニエノヨル", sounded out as "Ikenienoyoru"

MTO Cancels Multiple Games

Cancelled games are...

GT-D (DS)

Jewel Pet (DS)

Jewel Pet (3DS)

San-X All Star (Wii)

Iyashi-kei Action (Wii)

ActiveDogs (PS3)

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=144520

oeh a marvelous horrorgame, than it must be good. Evrything from marvelous on the wii has been highly stylized and Top notch.

EDIT:

TRAILAH(so awesome!)

Edited by Retro_Link

Question:

I recently bought a component cable and hooked it up to my HDTV - with no HD subscription to get HD channels - but, despite the fact that the colours look really vivid, the textures are still rather off.

Is this just the best a Wii can do, or can everything in fact BE smooth?

Just to get back on this:

super-mario-galaxy-2-screenshot-1.jpg

See those jaggies, that's what I mean.

SEGA says some interesting stuff about core games on Wii:

SEGA's Alan Pritchard: We have a further title to announce from Platinum Games as well. We'll also have a core title coming from Nagoshi-san's internal development studio in Japan. It's a shooter.

Game Informer: Wii has been a tough nut to crack for third party publishers. You did House of the Dead: Overkill, The Conduit and MadWorld. How challenging has Wii been for you, especially with these core-oriented games?

AP: Yeah, it's hard core the core titles. Going back 12 to 18 months when we released those titles, it was a risk. Nintendo was supportive of the strategy. There was an intent to take the Wii console a little older, and make a more core machine. So games like MadWorld, House of the Dead and The Conduit fit that strategy. House of the Dead is a more established and casual franchise, and that did very well. Conduit 2 is getting a good buzz.

GI: How did MadWorld do? It got great reviews. Was it successful?

AP: Review-wise, it was. Commercially...the answer has to be no. It was a huge risk that we really believed in at the time, but the title did not sell well.

GI: Moving forward, will you be a little more realistic about what the Wii audience will buy?

AP: Absolutely. We've got Conduit 2 still to release. MadWorld was a big risk. Was it on the wrong platform? I don't know. Would it have done better on 360 or PS3? Possibly. I think we will look at some of those slightly more risky type opportunities, but very very carefully. We've still got high hopes for Conduit 2. The Wii as a platform is in a strange place. We've got the economic situation. It's hard for retailers, and consumers are buying fewer products. The Wii had such a massive amount of success for 3 years; things are different now.

Well, at least a lone Australian ranger and a simple Dutch cheesehead are supporting The Conduit 2.

*Disclaimer: contains highly traumatic imagery

Edited by Fused King

...... :o :o :o

MUST NOT GET TOO HYPED... Surely they can't come out with another Metroid game this soon?

If anything I'm guessing it's Metroid II for VC.

Metroid Prime Hunters 2....:heh:

I'll be more than happy with Metroid II in some form. It's the only one that eludes me (bar Zero Mission) once I get round to getting Metroid on my Prime save file (need a Gamecube...)

Does anyone else think that a Metroid in the style of Other M would be absolutely ace on the 3DS? With the fixed camera angles throughout the levels the and the 3d screen, it should really be able to make the architecture pop:

Add the 3DS's capability to compute normal mapping and superior lightning effects compared to the Wii...

They would just have to think of something for using the rockets. Using the 3DS's motion sensors? I'd certainly prefer a more standard layout to flailing around the 3DS, but with Nintendo, you never know. ;)

Edited by Burny

The best option... Pure 2D Metroid. 2D gameplay, 2D sprites like Zero Mission, but much improved.

The 2nd-best option... 2.5D Metroid. 2D gameplay, but polygon models like New Super Mario Bros.

It'll probably be Metroid II. :heh: