Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Hi peeps :blush:

I'm new. :red:

So Hello! Nice to meet you! :grin:

Needing a little advice

please could you help me?!?

I am ashamed to admit I'm usually a PC gamer :sad: and I have only recently ventured into the world of Nintendo consoles.

I now own a Wii and soon a DS!!!

I was wondering if you could advise me on recommended game for Wii. As all I hear about are daft games like 'Cockin Mama' or Wii fit and its many dribblesome derivitives... I'm simply not interested.::shrug:

Thanks fellow forumers :D

Welcome to the forums!!

The great thing about getting a Wii now, is that you have a vast back catalogue to cheap games to work your way through!! Honestly, you'll be spoilt for choice!!

There are the obvious 1st Party Nintendo games that everyone will recommend to you, and so depending on what genre's you're into, you really have to pick up a couple from...

Super Mario Galaxy

Zelda: Twilight Princess

Metroid Prime Trilogy

Mario Kart Wii

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

New Super Mario Bros. Wii

...personally out of those I'd choose Mario Galaxy, for arguably the most polished single player experience on Wii, and Mario Kart Wii for arguably the finest multiplayer experience on Wii, on and offline!

All Nintendo's games are pretty much full price, so then it's time for you to hit the internet bargains, and here you should definately look into...

Little Kings Story

No More Heroes

PunchOut Wii

Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition

Dead Space: Extraction

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

De Blob

Red Steel 2

... all of which you can find for under £15!!

If you haven't played Resident Evil 4, you HAVE, HAVE to buy that game, it's possibly the best game of the last decade!... and Little Kings Story can be found for £6 in Sainsbury's and is absolutely fantastic!

Other great games include... Call of Duty Modern Warefare: Reflex Edition, Monster Hunter Tri, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, Rune Factory Frontier, Rabbids Go Home, Resident Evil: The Darksid Chronicles, A Boy and his Blob, Endless Oceon 2 etc... etc...

Enjoy!! :D

Edited by Retro_Link

[...] daft games like 'Cockin Mama' [...]

You not a fan of cockin' mama?! ;)

I'd say check out somewhere like metacritic to see the top Wii games.

Boom Blox is a good place to start. After that you could use the search function here on the forums to see what other N-E gamers thought about specific titles. We're an honest bunch. :grin:

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/108/1088760p1.html

The Wii Controller You'll Never Get

If only you'd not shunned Dragon Quest, America!

Just think, fellow Americans. If just a few more of you had bought one of Square Enix's many Dragon Quest games, we might have gotten this:

the-wii-controller-youll-never-have-20100511093943541-000.jpg

That, believe it or not, is a Wii controller. It attaches to the Wiimote like a Classic Controller.

The controller, set for release from peripheral master Hori, is specifically designed for Dragon Quest Monsters Battle Road Victory, an updated Wii port of arcade card battle game Dragon Quest Monsters Battle Road. The controller mimics the look of the arcade version, right down to the button sizes. The sword can be pushed down to perform your special sword attacks.

This special controller is used with the game's "Classic Controller" option, so it looks like you won't be pulling the sword out and slashing at things. That would be just silly (seriously -- look how short the blade is!).

Importers can look forward to this special controller opposite Battle Road Victory this Summer. It will run you a cool ?12,800, or around $150.

A rare collectable for the future all you importers!

What about babysitting and crafting? No really...

Babysitting Mama

- coming to Wii

- due out this Fall

- comes with plush baby doll that allows you to tuck the Wiimote inside

- rock the plush baby doll to care for it

Crafting Mama

- coming to DS

- crafting game with forty projects

- due out this Fall

- use stylus to sew, paint, cut, and mold crafts

Thanks everyone for an awesome response!!! You really know how to make a person feel welcome..

I shall be taking your sugestions in mind...

Only if its someone elses Mama and its doesn't require a Wii remote ;)

The 'MAMA' series :shakehead is just a big fuck off NO :heh: ... Sorry!!!! :(

but the others are things to add to the pay day list... HAHA!

or buy the missus then I get to play it and stay in the good books..

either way FANKS!

Edited by ampharoid
Add Quote

Welcome to the forums!!

...personally out of those I'd choose Mario Galaxy, for arguably the most polished single player experience on Wii, and Mario Kart Wii for arguably the finest multiplayer experience on Wii, on and offline!

I'd certainly agree with the online bit, offline it's more a case of what kind of multiplayer audience you're entertaining - your typical "hardcore" gamer might prefer teh brawlz...

If anyone want a guide for Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 there won't be one becuse I ask prima games and they said wish we could. but no, sorry. We have pretty much all other Lego titles though

Edited by canand

Sounds like NINTENDO has a lot to show.

Not surprised, what with all those secret projects shrouded in mystery.

So, what time can I be streaming the conference live over here (With champaign in one hand and my manliness in the other?):laughing:

For here it will be in the afternoon time - 16:00 - 18:00