NEurope
Dyson

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle

The source does'nt say anything about Deathborn from F-Zero GX which i think you might to thinking of Destroyman. The source says that Shinobu is the playable character.

I meant the person in Deathborn's (the forum member) spoiler window was playable. I just didn't want to come out and say it so bluntly as it might provoke some numpty to come along and give me grief for posting spoilers to the original game.

Guess who's back?
lwb.jpg

:heart:

Alright! Guess who makes that happy?!

Instant must-buy now! But it already was.. Guess I have to buy the game twice then. Now all I need is a poster.

a guy on neogaf got new edge magazine. Has an special feature on NMH2.

"It's like taking a shit," says Goichi Suda, Grasshopper Manafacture CEO, as he relaxes on his (office) seat. We blink first. "A lot of things influenced No More Heroes - things I saw, or heard, and something that came from inside. Something that needed to be eliminated from my body, like waste. That's why I created No More Heroes.

Edge goes on to write about how his colleagues are smirking and his translator becomes hesitant. "...No More Heroes 2? New taking-a-shit."

Suda claims the AI has been improved and enemies will now attack depending on their class and weapon, being ranged or more up in your face. They say the dual beam katana is pretty and the animation is suitably awesome with "effortless style". "It's a spectacle as much as a slaughter."

On secondary playable characters: They'll each have their own style and cool factor. Will Travis be overshadowed? Hardly. "He gets to pilot a giant robot! This lets you fight on a larger scale - there will be plenty more variety as well."

The game's city has been scaled back a little bit, improved visually with motion blue and HDR lighting. Suda says it's closer to the game he wanted to deliver originally. Edge says the city is a lot more lively and the streets more populated. He describes it as one-and-a-half times the original.

Regarding mini games: "The reason that I put these elements in is that it's a challenge to make a game," says Suda, "and so I want too make the player feel challenges to even play the game... Travis has to work..." it's a principle that, according to Suda, permeates his games.

On No More Heroes as a franchise: "I think this is the last NMH that is going to be developed on Wii. To expand NMH to new possibilities, we need a new platform. Wii is a great platform, but we've done everything we can with it now."

Thats kind of upsetting that Suda might move onto a different console...as it means whatever console he makes games for, I WILL HAVE TO BUY!!!

Well that last statement is a bit of a downer. No more NMH on the Wii. It always looked likely to make the move up to the bigger, more powerful consoles and it does look like it'll end that way but I'm hoping that should the series be continued, then we'll see it again on Nintendo's next console.

Well that last statement is a bit of a downer. No more NMH on the Wii. It always looked likely to make the move up to the bigger, more powerful consoles and it does look like it'll end that way but I'm hoping that should the series be continued, then we'll see it again on Nintendo's next console.

Yeah, there's no saying that the game won't be on the next Nintendo console. To be honest, it's very premature talk, I think. This game isn't finished yet, so I'd wait for that first before starting to worry.

We got the sequel because the first game sold well enough to warrant it. I suspect that if the sequel sells well enough Suda would put considerable thought in keeping it on Nintendo where he knows it has fans.

i think suda means that what he did with nmh1 and 2 is all he can do with the wii hardware.

I think this is a cry for new hardware nintendo, and if nintendo dousnt stap up than they will lose a great exclusive game.

Suda is a reverse weaboo, he just wants to do something for the 360 because its American.

To be fair didnt Suda say sometime last year that he likes the 360 Hardware and how he would live to develop for it.

Famitsu interview with with Goichi Suda, Akihiro Hino (Level 5), and Tetsuya Mizuguchi

Are these two guys, pretending to be an elephant for the sake of their Project Natal overlord, the future of home video games? At least three people think so -- Grasshopper Manufacture head Goichi Suda, Level-5 boss Akihiro Hino, and Q Entertainment's Tetsuya Mizuguchi. All three creators weighed in on last month's blockbuster E3 conference in this week's issue of Famitsu magazine, and everyone agreed that this show was all about the big ideas of the future -- chief among them, motion control.

"Hardware-wise, it was all about Project Natal," Suda said. "It's hard to really understand it unless you use it, and it remains to be seen what you can do with it, but I think it'll be a huge device. We developed No More Heroes with the Wii remote in mind, but now I want to think about games with Natal in mind. I have to ask myself, as a game designer, what new games can be done with this, what can be an interesting experience and challenge, and I'm looking forward to that."

Mizuguchi, a designer whose games have a noticeably "futuristic" aspect to them, enthusiastically agreed. "With new technology announcements like Natal and the [PS3] Motion Controller, it's like I have a feel for the new generation, or that the door to the future has been opened," he said. "It's a wholly different impression of the future than we had before. It's not a shift from 2D to 3D or in the number of polygons, but it's games trying to open up an entirely new door. I thought it would take longer, but it's happening faster than I expected."

The three game creators had some surprising picks for the games that most impressed them on the show floor. For Suda, it was all about Splinter Cell: Conviction. "The playable demo began with the hero in a bathroom, but seeing tutorial text and other stuff projected on the walls was a surprise," he said. " The game takes the emotional situations you experience in movies and lets you really control and feel them in a game environment. Things that used to be handled in movie form aren't anymore; we're beginning to see perfect synchronization between movies and video games."

Level-5 head Hino, meanwhile, picked another Ubi game: Assassin's Creed 2. "The visual quality was so impressive that I doubted it was even a game," he espoused. "Final Fantasy XIII is the same way, and I get the impression that this is going to be the standard for games from here on in. I also felt like things are going to be even tougher for me now, because I need to have at least this much quality in my own work or else my efforts won't be recognized."

For music game pioneer Mizuguchi, meanwhile, the choice was obvious. "My first impression of The Beatles: Rock Band was 'It's finally come to this!'" he said. "We created Lumines with an eye for the US market, but most publishers thought there was no market for music games. That was only five years ago!" Mizuguchi had equally kind words for Alex Rigopulos, head of Rock Band developer Harmonix: "He deserves a lot of respect for the effort he took to make The Beatles: Rock Band a reality. He's one of the people opening doors for us."

Overall, Suda summed up E3 as "the first E3 in a while where we've really gotten an idea of what the future will be like... Video games aren't approaching Hollywood anymore; they've completely fused with it now. It's all shifting in a new direction." Mizuguchi agreed: "I'm really excited about all the possibilities, but when I try to get it all together in my mind, I feel like I'm lost in this vast universe, so I'm trying to keep it to the areas I'm best at. Even with that, I've got all sorts of ideas, which makes me really happy."

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3175025

Edited by khilafah

Didn't NMH originally start out as a X-360 game and got shifted to Wii because of the controller?

So it wouldn't be that surprising if he wanted it back on that platform...

Supposedly from the previous Edge magazine:

"It's still too early to tell you everything about the game," says Suda, "but firstly we're going to have more than one playable character - as the scenario unfolds, Shinobu and Henry will become playable and will bring their own styles and cool factor".

Supposedly from the previous Edge magazine:

"It's still too early to tell you everything about the game," says Suda, "but firstly we're going to have more than one playable character - as the scenario unfolds, Shinobu and Henry will become playable and will bring their own styles and cool factor".

Thanks for the reminder Dante, I still need to read this issue, but yes, the is quoted as the truth before going onto mention that Travis get's to "pilot a giant robot" to "fight on a larger scale".

I am so getting this sequel! It sounds absolutely fantastic and tickles my geek gland. No More Heroes is a Wii classic, and Travis is a brilliant character. Been playing the original again this week and it's lost none of it's charm and verve. It's one of those games that I know I will always look back on fondly in the years to come.

EuroGamer - Ubisoft has announced Wii exclusive No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle will hit the shops in January.

The announcement came as a competition was launched via a new NMH website. Your challenge is to design a new t-shirt for No More Heroes hero Travis Touchdown. Series creator Suda 51 will pick a winner and it will go on to appear in the game. The closing date for the competition is 10th September.

NMH 2: Desperate Struggle sees Travis ranked at the bottom of the United Assassins Association and struggling to work his way up to the top. Gameplay highlights include the ability to wield two swords and epic multiple-boss fights.

There's no word on whether Europe will get two versions of the game, as Suda 51 promised us last October, but we'll keep you posted.

^ Damn I'd have liked to have entered that competition but it's US only!

I've already done this one on RedBubble...

3550267-1-touchdown-in-the-usa.jpg

Ok, seems like No More Heroes will be in another console.

On one hand, I'm happy it will get the fanbase it deserves, on the other hand, I only have a Wii, so unless it comes to PC too, i'm screwed, along with some others.

What do you mean Maase?

Where did you read it isn't coming to Wii?

I think he means the sequels of the series.

Suda himself said that he wanted to expand the series, because he thought they got the best out of the series on the wii with Desperate Struggle.

I'm happy it will get the fanbase it deserves
No More Heroes would probably have sold worse on a HD platform than it did on the Wii.

There's no basis for that assumption and it's still Suda's best selling game... EVER.

There's loads of game flopping like mad on HD platforms and no one spells doom for it; let's stop overreacting regarding successful Wii games, please.

No More Heroes would probably have sold worse on a HD platform than it did on the Wii.

There's no basis for that assumption and it's still Suda's best selling game... EVER.

There's loads of game flopping like mad on HD platforms and no one spells doom for it; let's stop overreacting regarding successful Wii games, please.

Well, let's be honest.

Its a crazy Japanese style game with incredibly crazy and ingenious humor, has a nice combat (that doesn't need motion to work out) and with better graphics, could only be even more loved.

It would still be a niche title, but I'm almost sure it would sell more than it did on the Wii.

Just my 5 cents.

Well, let's be honest.

Its a crazy Japanese style game with incredibly crazy and ingenious humor, has a nice combat (that doesn't need motion to work out) and with better graphics, could only be even more loved.

It would still be a niche title, but I'm almost sure it would sell more than it did on the Wii.

Just my 5 cents.

That reminds me of God Hand, it was awesome but it flopped... on PS2. a market leading platform no less.

Your vision is flawed, new IP's are hard to sell on any system; and No More Heroes was low profile and got zero advertising in US.

It sold really well, something you couldn't expect on a crowded environment for such games, such as the HD platforms.

Plus, No More Heroes coined it's style along with the gameplay and control scheme, it would be just yet another game on any other system, without a Wiimote.

And the thing is... the game sold very, very well. Something previous Suda51 games didn't; hence why it's getting a sequel with a number, a first for the dude. Why are we talking about it "getting the userbase it deserves"? like if it flopped in here.

Edited by pedrocasilva