NEurope
Dyson

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle

Toppa da mornin to ya Henry.

One thing I didn't really like in the original was that quite a few other assasins had 'lightsabers' as weapons. I think each assasin should have had their own weapon as it made Travis seem less unique.

If they'd have done this but then had Henry turning up with a lightsaber though would have been cool.

One thing I didn't really like in the original was that quite a few other assasins had 'lightsabers' as weapons. I think each assasin should have had their own weapon as it made Travis seem less unique.

If they'd have done this but then had Henry turning up with a lightsaber though would have been cool.

Dude I don't even own NMH but even I know they are called beam katanas!

:heh:

What's it matter whether I call them lightsaber or beam katana? especially given the ammount of star wars references in the game and the colour/style of the final upgrade.

They still shouldn't have popularised them in the game.

Anyways, you don't own NMH, for shame!

Edited by Retro_Link

Death Metal had a bean weapon (hardly a Katana), Dark Star had like a giant Beam Whip. Plus Henry, who actually did have a Beam Katana. A few random enemies had them but not that many considering the amount of them you slice through. Doesn't exactly take away from Travis's uniqueness. Especially if you think about the fact that his first Katana was won on an online Auction.

Kinda makes Beam Katana not seem terribly rare.

True, and yeah I was thinking more about the randomers that had them. I think it was just more noticable right at the end, considering all 3 guys that took part in the ending had one!

Well, to be fair, he did put it in quotes.

But yeah, looking good. I just hope there is a big enough difference to warrant playing as someone else - even if it is Mr Sir Henry Mother-f..... himself

Travis, Travis, Travis. You are more than worthy to whoop some ass in a smash bros. game :D

Suda 51, start kissing the wonderful boots of Masahiro Sakurai.

Thank god they've improved the camera! I'm slightly disappointed that the explorable overword has been dropped in favour of map navigation. I was hoping they'd flesh it out. Ultimately it might be a better choice though, and all in all it's looking phenomenal.

The question is, where will the bike be used if not for exploration?

hmmmmm not sure, i did enjoy 'No More Heroes' but it did half need some polish. I'll keep my eye on this..but 2010 is looking..well, absolutely incredible gaming wise and i'm only buying the top rated games so i don't waste any money next year! :grin:

Essential purchase imo! The first game was fantastic, and the sequel looks and sounds just as good.

Yeah I'm also a bit unsure about removing the overworld, I kinda liked it, but judging from the screens the bike does make an appearance.

Damn, that be one fat little kitty-cat.

Loving this game already.

Looking forward to the dialogue:awesome:

STRAWBERRIES ON THE SHORTCAKE!

and i'm only buying the top rated games

Because it's all about someone else's arbitrary opinion on whether a game is good or not. And critics are never wrong obviously.

The only polish i wish they'd do is give the cat some fur. If Starfox Adventures & Donkey Kong Jungle Beat could manage it, surely they can make their cat look less like voodoo reanimated papercraft?

Apparently the story & general mood are going to be more serious this time round. Wonder if that's a good thing?

although suda51 promised a extreme(uncensored) and a mild(censored) version for europe. I think the best we can do is stalk rising star games and demanding a uncensored version this time.

With the first no more heroes they used the japanese build, but sinse there is no japanese version announced i think we'll have a good chance that they keep there words.

although suda51 promised a extreme(uncensored) and a mild(censored) version for europe. I think the best we can do is stalk rising star games and demanding a uncensored version this time.

With the first no more heroes they used the japanese build, but sinse there is no japanese version announced i think we'll have a good chance that they keep there words.

But Europe are getting uncensored and censored version and the game is coming out next month in US.

Because it's all about someone else's arbitrary opinion on whether a game is good or not. And critics are never wrong obviously.

Shut it, that's my opinion...i can't see this being a totally brand new experience from the first one..which I found pretty good..thats all..and i need to watch the cash in 2010.