NEurope
Dyson

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle

Is the a "Real" ending like in the 1st game... like do I have to get 100% items or beat the game on Bitter?

There is only the one ending... unless the other is so hidden that no one has discovered it yet.

Got to and got to rank 8 last night. I don't know whether to spoiler or not but I will do even though I guess it's widely known but there is a mention of one of the bosses/ranking matches so guess it's better to be safe than sorry:

Those Shinobu bits were awful. Yeh, it was nice to have a change of character but the platforming/jumping sections were a nightmare and aren't helped by the less than stellar camera used in the game and the lock on system. The amount of times I felt like saying 'Screw it' and turning off the game on the New Destroyman level was ridiculous. Adding jumping to the mix should have made for a more interesting and enjoyable experience, not make me wish to never play the game again. Really an awful decision by Suda and the team on that front. Fighting New Destroyman wasn't much better either.

I think like most, I'm not quite enjoying it as much as I did the first game. It's good but I'm now starting to question the necessity for it. Oh and one other thing, who is the woman talking to you in the booth? I hope that gets resolved because at the moment my current thoughts lead me to think it is

Bad Girl

Japan version of NMH:DS

In addition to the regular game release, the special "Hoppers Edition" comes with the game, a DVD containing a movie written by Suda51 called No More Heroes 1.5 , a fanbook, and the Official Soundtrack and preorder bonus is Erotica Comic.

2jd2jgl.jpg256zfyv.jpg

Oh my hat, that's fucking superb... wonder if that version has any English subtitles/voice options? May just get it anyway, as an addition to the western release :)

I wonder if it'll sell more than 10 copies in Japan this time round?

It better, that limited edition looks immense. But why do something that big for Japan... I still feel sorry for the guy when he went to do that signing.

Japan regular boxart:

RVL-P-RUYJ.jpg

Japan AD - Forget about the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of No More Heroes!

Remember how crappy the PS360 version of No More Heroes was? It was so crappy that Marvelous had to release a patch in May to "stability."

If you do still remember the horrendous load times and other issues with the game, you're the target of a special message that was included in HMV's No More Heroes 2 listing today:

2132420320.jpg

"Forget about what happened with the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions! A new No More Heroes!! More extreme!!! More sexy!!!! It will live again on Wii!!!!"

The actual text of the listing also mentions the epic failure of the HD remake, saying, "In April, with the release on PS3 and Xbox 360, it came to 'appropriate hardware,' something that fans had wanted. However, the actual game was a bit (?) buggy, and a patch was offered a month after release."

That "?" is in the actual listing.

The font above the screens looks pretty official. I wonder if MMV had anything to do with this...

[update 7/17: HMV has removed the above text from the page. In its place: "We apologize for the inappropriate statement that was on this page." Looks like this was HMV text rather than MMV text.]

Hmm, still have a major backlog of games to buy (and to play), but i finally ordered this from amazon, along with Fragile, and Final Fantasy (was just about € 15,-). Oh and Mass Effect 2. Now I'll have to play the first one though, never got the extended ending.

I actually started this a few weeks ago whenever I reached 120 stars in Super Mario Galaxy 2.. but then I decided to jump back into Mario to get everything else :indeed:

Anyway, I've probably put 4 or 5 hours into Desperate Struggle so far and, like a lot of you, have found it to be less enjoyable that the original.. so far :hmm: In Mario's latest adventure, I didn't mind that there was no real hub compared to the original game but I find that I miss racing around Santa Destroy in No More Heroes 2! I know there wasn't much to see in the first game, but it kinda helped everything feel more connected!

As well as this, the boss battles have been less interesting so far (with one fight in particular making me quite angry due to the way dodging with the D-Pad seems to work :sad:) but the NES-style side missions are pretty decent :hehe:

I'll probably get back to this again in the near future since I put the finishing touches to Super Mario Galaxy 2 last week.. but I'll be hoping for a considerable improvement on what I have experienced so far! Having said that, I was still enjoying it and expect to when I resume :heh:

Finished. Another game is crossed off of the bucket list (although I had completed this already for reviewing).

I think the more the game goes on, the better it gets (apart from one absolute slog of almost never ending enemies later in the game in a car park). Not quite as fresh as the first game and the lack of overworld, in my opinion at least, is still a bit of a disappointment as I enjoyed driving around it in the first game even if it was barren and devoid of life.

One of the ranking battles which was set up as being 'big' really didn't hit that note with me.

The battle against the Quarterback guy and his hoes in the mechs. Was very disappointed with this bit.

But other than that dropped note, I felt the ranking battles were better overall than the first game. Loved the fight with Margaret and the music for that part was awesome.

Slightly disappointed with the ending. Ending to the first game was much better but finding out the woman, dressed as the nurse and who had been narrating the whole thing, was Sylvia was a big shock. I honestly thought it was Bad Girl because of the necklace.

It did leave itself open for a sequel though when Travis said, "Lets go home Sylvia. Santa Destroy needs us." Whether the third game (if Suda 51 wants to do another) actually follows the story of Travis and Sylvia is another story though.

Got this lying around for some time but wanted to finish some other games first. Anyways I'm ranked fifth at the moment. I'm actually surprised that it's a lot easier than the original NMH. It also reminds me a bit more of the style in killer7 than the first one did.

Overall I really enjoy it, it has the same weird assassins, the dark humour and cool fighting system but I hate the 2D side-mission, mainly because I suck at them - especially the muscle training, I find it hard to get the timing right.

It's interesting that you should resurrect this thread when I only just resumed Desperate Struggle the other night :heh:

Anyway, I'm up to Rank 3 now and I'm thankful to say that whilst I still don't feel it has reached the heights of the original, it has certainly improved considerably the more I have progressed :yay:

Definitely worth buying at that price :hehe:

I'm now facing the first ranked assassin. I'm actually a bit disappointed that I didn't need to try most boss fights more than once - it seems to be quite a bit easier than the first. In NMH 1 it just gave me a greater sense of accomplishment, when the fight had really been a close call.

But in return I don't get to grips with most of the "money missions" and after about 10 to 15 tries I gave up on the last strength exercise in the gym.

I finished this this morning after some mild frustration with the final boss :hmm: One of his attacks was just so annoying and, as a result, he'd have to be up there with Matt Helms as one of the worst battles in the game :sad: An unfortunate way to end..

Having said that, it was a pretty good game when it got going but I definitely feel that the first game was better overall..

I'm a bit behind with this one, just started it today! :hehe:

Only played for around an hour, but so far so good. Loving the 8-Bit mini-games. icon14.gif And exercising Jeane. :laughing:

Exercising Jeane was pretty boring.. but I did it anyway :heh:

I'm glad you're enjoying it, RedShell. It definitely took me a while to get into it but it was definitely worth playing through :hehe:

I actually found the ending really underwhelming. I thought the fight was boring and then the game was just over, no big revelation or anything.

All the stuff for the Japan verison is out.

(A)Wii videogame,"No More Heroes 2 : Desperate Struggle"(contained in the Hopper's Edition Box).

(B)movie dvd,"NO MORE HEROES 1.5"(contained in the Hopper's Edition Box).

©original mini soundtrack cd,"NO MORE HEROES 2"(contained in the Hopper's Edition Box).

(D)world guide book(contained in the Hopper's Edition Box).

(E)initial bonus "erotica" comic book.

Picked this up over the weekend. Not really got round to playing much of the first due to WiiHomebrew/brickage. But this is all sorts of crazy awesomeness.

Really liking it.