NEurope
Dyson

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle

Okay, I'm confused. I see the Rising Star Logo on my copy of NMH, but I thought Ubishit published it here? Did they just handle distribution?

Ubisoft published it in the US, not in europe. Rising Star most of the time bring out Marvelous games to europe.

The fact that they aren't even named in the list of publishers hopefully means there'll be no hesitation in handing over my cash this time. :heh:

Indeed, it's great news to know that ubisoft now have nothing to do with the game xD

Indeed, it's great news to know that ubisoft now have nothing to do with the game xD

Don't understand. I'd have personally Ubisoft published the original in Europe- we'd have then recieved a full and gory version.

Its good to hear two versions will be released here. Hopefully, we'll also see a gore-fest rerelease of NMH too.

Don't understand. I'd have personally Ubisoft published the original in Europe- we'd have then recieved a full and gory version.

Nope. It was always Suda 51's decision to release the gory version only in America.

But Marvelous, Rising Star and XSeed ftw! Fast becoming three of the greatest game companies of late, in my opinion.

To be honest, I really don't like this news of the two versions. I mean, of course I hate censorship, but they shouldn't have censored the first game in the first place. I stuck with the EU version, so with the sequel, I have to choose between the "real" version which doesn't match the first one in style, or yet again the censored version, which does match.. They'll only make me happy if they also rerelease the uncensored version of the first one if this is the case.

Its good to hear two versions will be released here. Hopefully, we'll also see a gore-fest rerelease of NMH too.

Considering Marvelous own Rising Star, it would have been a bit of a slap in the face to have gone with somebody else.

Infomation:

Garnering the biggest reaction of the night was the announcement of a sequel to the critically acclaimed Wii-exclusive No More Heroes.

Taking place three years after the end of the first title, No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle sees hero Travis Touchdown embark on a mission of revenge following the murder of his best friend. Featuring improvements to the game engine and graphics, Suda51 also promises a far busier Santa Destroy, much darker tone and also a few surprises to come.

Taken from Rising Star's press release.

- busier Santa Destroy

Awesome.

- Travis is taking revenge for the murder of his best friend

Hmm, maybe Bishop, the guy from Beefhead who always brings Travis's bike? Though that seemed like a one-sided friendship, so probably unlikely.

I'd guess the best friend is

henry, ok, they end up fighting but there was a mutual repect between them.

if not them, the guy who delivers the bike. who else is there, unless its jenna, his cat.

I'd guess the best friend is
henry, ok, they end up fighting but there was a mutual repect between them.

if not them, the guy who delivers the bike. who else is there, unless its jenna, his cat.

That was also what came to my mind at first, but isn't it more likely that Travis killed him? After all they were fighting in the end.

Henry is Travis' brother, not his "best friend"

;)

That was also what came to my mind at first, but isn't it more likely that Travis killed him? After all they were fighting in the end.

that is true. but most of the boss fights ended with travis and a wounded boss before he finished them off, its not inconcivable that the fight ended without a death

Henry is Travis' brother, not his "best friend"

;)

and the two are mutualy exclusive?

I'm not sure how they'd use a darker tone, I'd say the first was kinda dark....just in a hilarious way. and it wouldn't be NMH without the comic relief.

Two new nuggets of news;

“I would like to use Wii MotionPlus for No More Heroes 2 if I could…I haven’t even touched Wii MotionPlus yet so I am not aware with how it works so that’s why I am not sure yet.†- Suda51

link - : peace:

XSeed comments on game localization - tons of info

- Discipline is under evaluation for NA release, but chances are very good.

- XSeed says no publisher has been confirmed for No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle. That would mean that GameSpot jumped the gun with their info. Ubisoft may once again handle publishing

- no confirmation of Steal Princess localization

- Kizuna localization is looking very good, with multiple publishers looking into the game

link

Ubisoft may once again handle publishing
- :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead

Ubisoft is for distribution in America! Don't worry about it any more.

Game designer and Grasshopper Manufacture president Goichi Suda (Suda 51) says that the assistant director for the first No More Heroes game, Toshihiro Fujikawa, will direct No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle.

Speaking with Nintendo Power, Suda revealed that he’ll once again write the sequel’s script, but will “watch over the game as an executive director” this time around.

Fujikawa has previously served as the assistant director for several other Grasshopper titles, such as Samurai Champloo and Killer7.

Suda explained the Desperate Struggle subtitle:

“There’s a word in Japanese — shito. Shi means ‘death,’ and to means ‘fight.’ When I tried to find an English translation on the Internet, it came up with Desperate Struggle.”

He also shared some hints on NMH 2’s story:

“This time, Travis [Touchdown] is looking for revenge. It’s a serious fight this time, and the word shito reflects that.

There’s a series of Japanese movies called Jingi Naki Tatakai that are about the yakuza. They’re really famous in Japan — sort of the equivalent of The Godfather. They focus on the relationships between members of the Yakuza.

The subtitle for the second one is Hiroshima Shito Hen. That roughly translates to The Desperate Struggle of Hiroshima. Inspired by that, I wanted No More Heroes 2 to be The Desperate Struggle of Santa Destroy.

There’s a really intense fight in Hiroshima Shito Hen, and I wanted to sort of recreate that in No More Heroes 2.”

XSEED Games and Marvelous Interactive are slated to co-publish No More Heroes 2 stateside in January 2010.

tinycartridge.com

The original was once destined for Xbox 360, so apparently (though I didn't hear any) there was some murmurings about the sequel: could No More Heroes 2 hit 360?

One of the main reasons why we're back on Wii is because of the controller. When we released the first one on Wii, you had this feeling just finished with moving the controller; it was really good.

So, if we released it on Xbox 360, for example, we'd have to rethink this feeling. I wanted to keep the game's controller

gimmick, so that's why the fighting was more fitting on Wii, rather than on other platforms. - Suda 51

So erm... no then. But would the game actually benefit from a release on a platform other than Wii?

So erm... no then. But would the game actually benefit from a release on a platform other than Wii?

Doubt it, they'd have to up the engine to HD, and 360 reviewers aren't too lenient with sub-par graphics.

They said that statement ages ago and if they wanted to release NMH for the 360, the first would be out for it by now.

Ubisoft published it in the US, not in europe. Rising Star most of the time bring out Marvelous games to europe.

ubisoft have made some fantastic games for wii and other consoles.. Compared at leat we can name some decent games with ubisoft.. What the hell good have the likes of konami and midway done..

Anyway on-topic.. I haven't played the first.. It's either people saying it's great or passable.. was never sure.

^ it's £12.99 new somewhere. Remember seeing it. Either Game or Gamestation. It's definitely worth a punt. I thought it was great. The only downsides are the mini-games/missions you have to do to raise cash as they can become tedious. But apart from that it was great.

From this interview (via Go-nintendo)

I finished doing a Destroy Man part on a game called No More Heroes, which was popular. He’s kind of an unapologetic jerk of a character, and he makes a return in what I’m assuming is a second installment of that game, so I just finished that. - Josh Keaton, voice actor.

assassins corpses turn into robots?

Destroy Man...? Robots...? Sounds like Wily is up to his old tricks. Send in miggidy-miggidy Mega Man!

They could try it on PSN since PS3 has motion sensing but no IR.

However the game would more unique on the Wii. It makes sense right now.