N-Europe

Punch-Out!!

Tellyn

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think that, you were doing it wrong!

Not really. The game sometimes doesent register your punches, and sometimes when you raise your guard the character stands in this really weird open stance. Also, I have no clue what the heck triggers the round punches, cuz it most certainly doesent happen when I make them. The controlls need to be fixed, and some kind of championship with customisation would be good.

Like I've said before, Nintendo need to do a lot to justify this purchase.

That Nintendo have made something so close to Wii sports boxing means that it's not impossible that we'll se a waverace sequel.

Not really. The game sometimes doesent register your punches, and sometimes when you raise your guard the character stands in this really weird open stance. Also, I have no clue what the heck triggers the round punches, cuz it most certainly doesent happen when I make them.
Agreed.

That's not to say Wii Sports boxing wasn't fun, but it ended up being more of a freak-out session, rather than a controlled experience.

The boxing mini-game in WarioWare: Smooth Moves was loads more responsive, so I'm hoping Punch Out!! Wii will follow suit.

Not really. The game sometimes doesent register your punches, and sometimes when you raise your guard the character stands in this really weird open stance. Also, I have no clue what the heck triggers the round punches, cuz it most certainly doesent happen when I make them. The controlls need to be fixed, and some kind of championship with customisation would be good.

Like I've said before, Nintendo need to do a lot to justify this purchase.

That Nintendo have made something so close to Wii sports boxing means that it's not impossible that we'll se a waverace sequel.

Agreed.

That's not to say Wii Sports boxing wasn't fun, but it ended up being more of a freak-out session, rather than a controlled experience.

The boxing mini-game in WarioWare: Smooth Moves was loads more responsive, so I'm hoping Punch Out!! Wii will follow suit.

Like I've said you're both doing it wrong then... because I can play a controlled game!? Twist in to block, out to open. Pull back to go high, forward to go low. Sharp jab for jab, slow downward punch for rounding... etc.

Remember it's not 1:1, you just have to know the right moves!

(Although knowing this does help beat the bloke on 979 point... ARRRGGHHH, or your friends who flail!!)

Like I've said you're both doing it wrong then... because I can play a controlled game!? Twist in to block, out to open. Pull back to go high, forward to go low. Sharp jab for jab, slow downward punch for rounding... etc.

Remember it's not 1:1, you just have to know the right moves!

So you're telling me that every single time you've made a gesture while playing Wii Sports boxing, that a punch has been thrown in the game accordingly, it has never not responded to the movement, not even once!? :blank:

I'd be seriously amazed if so.

I've played the game with numerous people and they've all encountered / commented on how it can fail to recognise punches at times. At the end of the day that doesn't mean they're not doing it right, (it's a pretty straightforward movement to throw a punch :heh:) it simply means the controls aren't responsive enough.

Wii sports boxing was definately broken. A good control scheme should work straight away and you shouldn't be forced to waggle the controller in a specific direction only and in a specific way several times for it to work. That said, Motion Plus should solve the problem :)

Although, Punch Out with Traditional controls...<3

So you're telling me that every single time you've made a gesture while playing Wii Sports boxing, that a punch has been thrown in the game accordingly, it has never not responded to the movement, not even once!? :blank:

I'd be seriously amazed if so.

I've played the game with numerous people and they've all encountered / commented on how it can fail to recognise punches at times. At the end of the day that doesn't mean they're not doing it right, (it's a pretty straightforward movement to throw a punch :heh:) it simply means the controls aren't responsive enough.

Yes... when I was flailing around... but not once I learnt to use the controls properly... it did take time though!

Oh my sweet KingofFunrealYooKay!

This looks the shit. I loved Super Punch Out, so I can't wait for this. Sexy cel shading, too. You have been missed.

Oh boy! I feel young again.

FORRRREEEVER YOUNG! I WANNA BE!

FORREEVER YOUNG!

Are you drunk again, or is that you reaching a new stage of happiness?

Oh my sweet KingofFunrealYooKay!

Jordan?

This looks the shit. I loved Super Punch Out, so I can't wait for this. Sexy cel shading, too. You have been missed.

Oh boy! I feel young again.

FORRRREEEVER YOUNG! I WANNA BE!

FORREEVER YOUNG!

I only played the nes version of punch out :sad:

Jordan?

I only played the nes version of punch out :sad:

Yas, Jordan.

Aww, there is still time, Dantinator! *dadum dum dadum!*

If he was drunk, that would be a declaration of love to everybody in this thread.

Yeah, innit. I think I might be hooked up to a drip with happiness being pumped through my veins or something.

I haven't played any Punch-Out, ever.

But you're Scottish, so you ain't perfect. You're forgiven.