Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Mixtape II: Judgement Day. Closed and dated.

Dan_Dare

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucky you.
I'll do it!!

But I must say, I was very disappointed with the last attempt, only receiving a meagre 1 tape!!

You guys not get anything at all? I left my text-file with who-sent-who-stuff back in brighton so I can't say for sure who you should've got stuff off. I think part of the blame lies at my feet for you not enjoying the experience fully last time. I will buy a spindle of 50 CDs, and I'm willing to send out more than two mixes to make up for the last round. I'll put you guys down for one.

I was lucky enough to receive three in the last round. Paj, I believe I owe you a mixtape. Though it could be calza. My memory is really bad, sorry!

I just like to ask: Are cassettes okay?

If I was to do this whole shebang, it would be easier for me to make my mixtape on a blank cassette rather than a blank CD (got feckin' loads of tapes.). But as they're obsolete, does anybody still have any tape players nowadays?

Cassettes aren't ok :P I certainly don't have a tape player. Is that seriously easier for you? Surely burning a CD is waaaay easier.

I'm not committing myself yet, but I'll probably take part. I'll have a nose around my library and give it a think, and I'll get back to you if I come away inspired.

DO IT! Seriously. Do it :P

I did the last mixtape off of my brighton PC; this one will be from my sheffield laptop, so should be vaguely different. Fortunately i guarentee some mewithoutYou on the disc, regardless! Hoorah!

I tell you what... trying to make an all riser mix is turning out to be quite hard. I have about 6 potential songs along with a confirmed one that I'm trying out to see if they work together. Oh, and my mix is a rock and roll one at the moment. I haven't started going through my metal stuff so it'll be a mixture of that and the sub-genres in between.

Was thinking of doing two mixes, one being my all riser and another cd filled with songs by unknown/small artists. Haven't decided whether or not to do that as well yet.

Cassettes aren't ok :P I certainly don't have a tape player. Is that seriously easier for you? Surely burning a CD is waaaay easier.

I doubt it, unless there was a way of doing it on the PC that I don't know about. Whereas putting them onto blank cassette tapes would be a piss in the park for me. ::shrug:

What editing software are people using for this? Some of these songs have painfully long silences at the end of the file I'd quite like to trim off.

Audacity is free and good for little editting jobs like that. Anything else though, and its awful.

When were you planning to finish this young Daniel? Because (as you are well aware) I want to do this but am internetless. Obviously I can still bang together a mix cd sans internet but I don't want to find out suddenly I've missed all the hubub.

....can i play?? (O 3 O)

i mean ~ are people willing to post to japan??

i also only got one CD last time around... (but t'was awesome, wes!! ^_^)

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!