NEurope
Dan_Dare

Mixtape II: Judgement Day. Closed and dated.

Weeooo! It's back! The Great N-E Mixtape Mixup doth return with a vengeance, verily.

For those who missed round one, here's how it works. Everyone who wants in signs up here then makes a CD of their own design, perhaps profiling their taste, their favourite songs or a particular theme of music. once I have all the names I'll be drawing from a hat and each poster makes two copies of their CD, artwork an all to be sent to two other posters chosen at random, receiving two CDs in return for their pains.

Anyway. yeah. Who's up for it? I'd call the last round a success but we did have the odd member signing up and not posting anything for various reasons. If you're interested, please put the effort in or people are going to end up short changed when they put the work in. If you can't, don't say you want in.

GO!

I'll say I'm in :) I'll make effortz.

Just to back up what dan's said - people were also slow with sending out their CDs. It's not nice not knowing if the CD's even going to turn up at all. Don't sign up if you're not going to do it.

irony lol. I was actually late last time, but in my defence I was ill as fuck and couldn't go out for fear of collapsing in a heap of doom while shopping for blank Cds.

All sorted now, mind, so bring it :heh:

irony lol. I was actually late last time, but in my defence I was ill as fuck and couldn't go out for fear of collapsing in a heap of doom while shopping for blank Cds.

phoenix-wright_objection.jpg

My arguement is that you're bullshitting us. YOU LIE.

Hmmm, if I can find the time and the right songs for this, I might take part. =)

By the way, do you guys actually mix the songs (so they flow into one another) or just put them as separate songs? If that makes sense. Because I'm not sure I have the technical knowledge to do anything special with it. =P

na we just made playlists and burned them to disc. I tried to make my old playlist flow, though. Difficult when you have each track ending in a few seconds of silence but it's not too bad

I'll do it!!

But I must say, I was very disappointed with the last attempt, only receiving a meagre 1 tape!!

But I must say, I was very disappointed with the last attempt, only receiving a meagre 1 tape!!

Lucky you.

I just like to ask: Are cassettes okay?

If I was to do this whole shebang, it would be easier for me to make my mixtape on a blank cassette rather than a blank CD (got feckin' loads of tapes.). But as they're obsolete, does anybody still have any tape players nowadays?

"People often think a good mix should rise and fall but people, are WRONG! It should be ALL RISE baby!

Now prepare yourselves for an audio journey into the white hot center of adrenaline! BAM!"

*hits the CD player*

SHOT THROUGH THE HEART!!!

I'll hopefully be up for this I'm Psyched! :grin: though I feel sorry for the person who has to listen to my poor taste in music!

I apologise already! :p

I'm not committing myself yet, but I'll probably take part. I'll have a nose around my library and give it a think, and I'll get back to you if I come away inspired.

@ Coolness Bears - You beat me to it. How very dare you. I wanted to say that. :heh:

Anyways, if I can find two blank cds (which shouldn't be hard seeing as my dad always has spare to backup files on the pc) I'd sign up. I've got plenty of music to pick from. I'll mull it over tomorrow while I'm being bored during my first lectures at Uni and see if I can come up with a good playlist. And yes, a good mix should be all rise as then you don't have the downer of having to listen to some mediocre songs compared with songs in the middle of the mix that are great. Anyways, enough talk. I need to start work on my mix. *hits CD player*

Shot Through The Heart!!! Can't believe my brother hates that songs. :shakehead

@ Coolness Bears - You beat me to it. How very dare you. I wanted to say that. :heh:

Sorry! :p It was the natural thing to do! (and I wanted to beat others to it! :heh:)

I've started to look at my songs to see whether I can make it ALL RISE! :awesome:

Been working on my mix for a short time now. Already got the name for the mix and the perfect first song for my all rise. Whether or not I can get it to be all rise I don't know yet but I'll give it a good shot. And it's not Shot through the heart so don't worry. :heh:

I'm considering banning lyrics on mine. Possible, but I might drop the concept if I end up having to exclude something good.

i'm in :)

please. no-one send me crappy music!

I guess that depends on what you consider to be crappy music then. =P

I've just finished a rather large list of potential songs. Had a quick gander through my MP3's music library. Got some good potential songs but it's not the massiveness of the songs that matter. It's how the blend together. So I'm going to take my time and enjoy this as it'll take me ages to get a decent tracklist. And it means I get to waste time listening to loads of music. My number 1 track is already picked but it's quite the riser so I'm contemplating moving it.

@ Dan - that's a nice concept. Be a bit hard but that would depend which genre you went with. I'm sure you can pull it off. I think I'd just about be able to do it but it would probably be a struggle for me to pick a 12 track with no lyrics.

If I can work out how to send/receive post at Uni, I'm in. stick me down as a maybe!

I'd quite like to do this, missed out last time as I didn't sign up in time.

Shall give it some thought tomorrow...mmm. I'm not particularly good at the whole technical side to music so the mix will probably suck, but hey.