N-Europe

Obama -VS- McCain Choose your Poison!

Pit-Jr

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was aimed at him as well.

Plus I agree with the people who are saying that the reason some people voted for Obama because he was black. Kinda like how California got Arnie because he was a pr0 actor.

Does it really matter why they voted for him? Many Americans don't know jack about politics or even what the candidates stand for. Some people voted McCain because "Obama would take the money from those who work and give it to his friends and those who don't want to work". Talk about narrowmindedness ...

I went to Grant Park last night, hilariously managed to forget my camera. But I have seen the next president, ok he was just a dot on the horizon from where I was standing. CNN said 250,000 people where there last night it had to have been more, I think pretty much the whole of downtown Chicago was there. It was a great acceptance speech by Obama.

Still feel a bit sorry for McCain, he's a good guy, choosing Sarah Palin as his vice president nomination really cost him. The amount of people that said they voted for Obama because if anything happened to McCain she would have been in charge was unreal.

The meltdown on fox news was awesome they spent about an hour straight just talking about the senate race once it became clear Obama would win. It has to be said CNN's coverage was amazing, really puts the BBC's election coverage to shame. Would the BBC have had a hologram of Will.I,Am beamed into the studio I think not.

Still feel a bit sorry for McCain, he's a good guy, choosing Sarah Palin as his vice president nomination really cost him. The amount of people that said they voted for Obama because if anything happened to McCain she would have been in charge was unreal.

Yeah, because Sarah Palin is fucking stupid

I went to Grant Park last night, hilariously managed to forget my camera. But I have seen the next president, ok he was just a dot on the horizon from where I was standing. CNN said 250,000 people where there last night it had to have been more, I think pretty much the whole of downtown Chicago was there. It was a great acceptance speech by Obama.

The meltdown on fox news was awesome they spent about an hour straight just talking about the senate race once it became clear Obama would win. It has to be said CNN's coverage was amazing, really puts the BBC's election coverage to shame. Would the BBC have had a hologram of Will.I,Am beamed into the studio I think not.

CNN used holograms? Is that on youtube?

Tell that to Jessie Jackson

oh, aaaaand!

Good bit of the speech Obama gave.

Man, what a speaker. He's amazing, really. Like a classical orator.

Something I noticed from the news also, he isn't smiling as much as I expected for some one who just won the presidency. Either he's completely aware of what awaits him or ...

I'm getting paranoid.

Woot go Obama, bloody awesome,

Watched a bit on the news this morning, saw Obamas victory speech and McCains speech when he conceeded defeat and talked about calling Obama to congratulate him. Was actually impressed the way McCain gave that one, he didn't seem bitter or anything and congratulated Obama. Same can't be said of his supporters who booed everytime McCain mentioned Obama even after him saying not to.

I just wish they would stop going on about this "first Black President", yes I know it's a bit of a deal, but get over the skin colour already.

oh how did Fox News react?

Any videos of that, I can imagine they went into baby-like hissy fits

THE PROBABLY SAID HE WAS A MUSLIM AND PLAYED REPETITIVE STOCK FOOTAGE OF YELLOW VANS BLOWING UP

It's a pretty massive deal, in fairness.

and yeah. Props to McCain. He's always come across as far more of a gentleman than his supporters ever deserved throughout the campaign.

He still didn't act like a total gentlemen, the debate between him and Obama, he came off as cold and ANGRY. He never stopped the stupid, horrible smear campaigns of Palin. Palin, oh lawd

Wow, what an amazing race that this has been. Seriously, its been dramatic, exciting, and it's been hard to ignore.

I like McCain, and I'm glad that he took defeat graciously. But, I do believe that the right candidate won, for the right reasons. Maybe the country needed a new spark, or new lease of life, and I think Barack can do that. Taking one look at him, you can tell he was born for this role.

Waking up this morning, turning on the news and hearing his speech, it was absolutely moving. He looks like a leader, and can definitely talk the talk. Lets just hope he can walk it, too. It just makes me even more sad that we're stuck with Gordon Brown.

Waking up this morning, turning on the news and hearing his speech, it was absolutely moving. He looks like a leader, and can definitely talk the talk. Lets just hope he can walk it, too. It just makes me even more sad that we're stuck with Gordon Brown.

Boris and Barack 2009?

^ don't even joke about Boris for PM. It's bad enough he's mayor of London.

His speech was very moving. Every news channel that showed it was saying it was similar to JFK. He just sounds more of a leader to me than McCain, which is why I'm happy he won. Hell, that speech in Berlin was a blinder.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!