N-Europe

Beer Glorious Beer

david.dakota

Just in time for the end of Summer... Great timing...

We've all got our favourite drinks, beer, wine, vodka... The list goes on. So, here's the place to recommend your favourite drinks to the rest of the forum.

Shall i start? Oh, alright then.

I'm a sucker for real ales. Woods Brewery, just down the road makes some great drinks, Shropshire Lad being their flagship drink (deservedly so). We've actually got quite a few small brewers locally, which is great. However, its Hobgoblin Dark Ale (made by the Wychwood Brewery, not near us) is an absolute favourite. A deliciously different drink- i can easily polish off an 8 pack in a night.

Also of note is a local pub which sells Strawberry and Cherry Beer from the Continent- Fruli.

Bulmers Pear Cider. Sweeter than usual cider (which can taste a bit too sharp) and more refreshing than beer. I don't even like pears but I love that drink

It really annoys me when they do that, there's no such thing as pear cider, it's called perry. They only call it pear cider because nobody would know what it was if they called it by it's proper name, people should bloody well educate themselves.

It really annoys me when they do that, there's no such thing as pear cider, it's called perry. They only call it pear cider because nobody would know what it was if they called it by it's proper name, people should bloody well educate themselves.
According to wikipedia Perry is called Pear Cider, because it's made the same way and has the same sort of percentage strength :/

I'm sure we had this thread really recently, but I can't find the other one so I'll let it go.

I like Kopparberg (if I can find it at a sensible price, £3+ in the pub = extortion), most lagers except a few (Carling and Stella are no-nos for me), soco, vodka, gin... and the kind of oversweet overfizzy cider you buy in giant bottles for £3.

Wine is for winners.

Beer wise, I do love a local beer by the name of Moonshine. It's rather nice, and pretty dirt cheap, being brewed in the city.

Also: Hoegaarden (sp?) is the single greatest drink ever. I'm thinking of asking the government to replace my water supply with the stuff.

Coors? Bud? bllllleeeeuuugh!

Nowt wrong with a Coors or Bud on a nice hot day!

As for me, love the real ales but my all-time favourite drink is Guinness, but I do love Abbot, Best Bitter, Theakston's Old Peculier, London Pride, and pretty much all of the Bath ales. Other ales I like but only rarely have because they're not very often found near me are Landlord and Bellringer. If you haven't tried a Bath ale then you haven't lived in my opinion - if you like your ales strong go for Barnstormer but Gem, Wild Hare or Spa are pretty good standard ales. Best thing about Ales is that they're just so damn cheap at Spoons - 1.79 is such a bargain!!!

Also, next time anyone's in Asda, go to the drinks section (not sure if it's actually stocked next to the beer, might be another aisle) and get yourself a Dragon Stout. It's absolutely divine and incredibly strong!

I'm a Guinness man.

Or Heineken.

Or any kind of local brew.

Or basically whatever is cheapest.

Same here. Guinness and Heineken all the way.

Apart from that, I'll probably drink anything over 35%.

I also love Archers. Because I'm a woman.

I do like a cold Guinness but only when it's cold and out the tap. I've tried a couple of other stouts but I didn't like them too much.

I usually go for 5% lagers, I haven't picked up a taste for ale yet. I have some cider from time to time, usually Magners. It's a nice taste, but not if you have it too often.