Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

What's Your Salary?

Kirkatronics

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just on the normal pay scale for a non-London based teacher. Just finished my second year, when I was on around £21K, and I think it goes up to £23K or so from September. Just a shame that so much gets taxed, plus there's the money that goes into the teacher's pension, and student loan, which is ridiculous, as I still owe them more now than I did two years ago, thanks to interest.

I get paid 15k (which isn't great) to effectively sit around and post on the internet all day (which is great), I also have a company car for the next month though.

It should be pointed out that after 2 years working at the same company I have yet to be given a pay rise of any sort. Part of the reason why I'm not sad to be leaving.

Ha! Weird thing is, I got my EMA confirmation this morning. Soon to be £10 a week...
I think everyone should get the full thirty, i did and my guardians helped me all the time.

I'm just on the normal pay scale for a non-London based teacher. Just finished my second year, when I was on around £21K, and I think it goes up to £23K or so from September. Just a shame that so much gets taxed, plus there's the money that goes into the teacher's pension, and student loan, which is ridiculous, as I still owe them more now than I did two years ago, thanks to interest.

Whys it so low? How old are you?

Depends on how much I work.

Average it.

I think I take home 940/950 a month...

13,300 before tax. (I think?) Could get a £1k more if the appeal for the banding is accepted... Not that it will be. Fuckers.

LOL @ war - everyone pays tax. I think I pay close to £300 a month. But it all comes back to me in the form of lovely medications and health care <3

Well im on part time pub work over the summer and get £5.52 an hour.

Although at Game if I did my base contract it was £6,576 per year (20 hours a week, although I always did more). Daft thing is I did as much as an assistant manager (and hell, was acting assistant manager for five months) but for 40 hours/week they got £16-18k+ a year (each was on different salleries) and I would have been on £12 -_-

Is it good to be self employed, does it make you feel better knowing youre your own boss?

I'm only really self-employed in name. I'm a swimming teacher and 'work' for a company who basically organise lessons in different pools around the country and send out teachers to teach them and then they pay me the gross amount. I'm really only classed as self-employed so they don't have to work out my taxes, I'm not allowed to work for another swim school, I'm not allowed to recommend the kids go somewhere else for lessons, I can't teach people outside of the company I 'work' for.

It's fine though, I love doing it and the pay's great.

I'm leaving the Armed Forces in 6 months time, I earned just over 36k last year. Going from that to probably 20-25k depending on what job I go for. But much less travelling so it will even itself out. Plus my daughter and unborn child will earn me extra (Child tax credits ftw)

£70 a month.

And another £120 a month going into my savings account (which i spend on clothes)

Can't wait to get a job, this suckssssss.

you complain about 190quid a month, jesus I wish I got that :blank: I also wish I could use 120 on clothes...but alas I can't.

£70 a month.

And another £120 a month going into my savings account (which i spend on clothes)

Can't wait to get a job, this suckssssss.

Wow, that £120 stealth money explains all your purchases. If I were you, I wouldn't be wishing for a job. You seem to be having the life of Riley.

you complain about 190quid a month, jesus I wish I got that :blank: I also wish I could use 120 on clothes...but alas I can't.

I don't spend it all on clothes, i mean, whenever I want clothes, I just dig into that account, but I do limit myself on clothes, so it's not that bad :)

I'm not allowed to use it on anything else though....

(I've just took £100 out there for my ps3 but shhh)

^_^

I used to get £10 a week from EMA, although this year i won't :(

I also used to get between £130 - £180 cash in hand a month for 1 day a week of work cleaning/making beds in cabins. Although i left there because the people who had been there longer were complete twats. I don't have a job at the minute and can't say i really want one, although once my petrol fund runs out i may have to consider it.

I earn before tax, £15,600 a year which is £300 a week and about £1300 a month. After tax, my take home a year is £13,300 and that works out at just over £260 a week and £1100 ish a month.

Its a lot of improvement since the £110 a month i got back when i was 16. Wages have gone from £110, £450, £800, £780, £1100 a month from each job i have had.

Guest Stefkov

I get paid £4.50 an hour.

I absolutely hate it but I can work whenever I want. That's the beauty of having a dad in charge of a bar. If I work like I'm doing now, four 10 hour days and the little bit more I do, I'd get about £200 a week. 2 of those days I spend most of the time doing fuck all, putting it bluntly.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!