Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Your Song

Ellmeister

Now I know there are a lot of music fanatics on this forum, but even those that aren't must listen to some music be it an intro to a program or an anime series or a game's music.

I'm asking which song do you think is YOUR song?

Mine is Hands Down by Dashboard Confessional

Just because it was given to me by my best girl friend and I would always listen to it to keep me going or just cheer me up even though its not a particularly pick me up song.

Ellmeister, PM's damnit.

My song is Wolf Am I (And Shadow) by mewithoutYou, because a) it's awesome and b) it's awesome. Lyrics are ace too.

Answer yours :p

Also I don't mind mewithYou but their live performance before Brand New just couldn't stand up to the almightyness that is BRAND NEW

If I Ever Feel Better - Phoenix

Sums up my life. I love the contrast between the amazingly upbeat tempo and some incredibly depressing, yet almost hopeful, lyrics.

Amazing song ^_^

I don't take songs personally, as in i never think one relates so much to me that i take it as my own. But, one of the most magical moments i've had listening to music was listening to Centrefolds by Placebo on my way home from college when it was heavily snowing. The snow flakes, and whiteness blocking out almost everything out the window, mixed with the song and feelings of loneliness and how fragile life is. Not everyone is happy and everyone dies are a few of the rather depressing things i thought about in those 4 mins of the song playing. But it was incredibly emotional.

My own personal 'song' is most likely eighteen Vision's Obsession. it's been in my sig for yonks. It;s not particularly lyrical, and not my favourite song, but the three words repeated pretty much sums up who I am. I would give you a youtube link but they're only live versions and not as good. Jimmy Eat World - A Praise Chorus is also a philosophy I subscribed to for a long time. Both are [old school] emo as fuck. Sorry.

Now I know there are a lot of music fanatics on this forum, but even those that aren't must listen to some music be it an intro to a program or an anime series or a game's music.

I'm asking which song do you think is YOUR song?

Mine is Hands Down by Dashboard Confessional

Just because it was given to me by my best girl friend and I would always listen to it to keep me going or just cheer me up even though its not a particularly pick me up song.

hands down ghandi by legion of doom. Well worth watching :)

Ellmeister, PM's damnit.

My song is Wolf Am I (And Shadow) by mewithoutYou, because a) it's awesome and b) it's awesome. Lyrics are ace too.

As we've said before; mewithoutYou are FUCKING AWESOME and a) yes and b)... yes! Glad that you've picked it as your song :)

Answer yours :p

Also I don't mind mewithYou but their live performance before Brand New just couldn't stand up to the almightyness that is BRAND NEW

Brand New are also awesome, but a slightly different mood. I hate that you've seen them BOTH so much that I may just kill you and steal your eyes for my own personal gain should I ever meet you.

Lover, you should have come over by Jeff Buckley is basically the best thing ever written, yeah?

I do like this song, which you placed on the mixtape you sent me. Buckley certainly has a certain style which overrides any lyrical LOLS, and makes me want a baby.

Ultimately I have decided...no. No I won't. No I can't.

I have different songs that can reflect different moods and seeing as my life is in flux and often changing its impossible to chose one song. Hell, I am myself often changing.

So for example;

Brand New - Me vs Maradona vs Elvis. That describes me when im feeling empty and like I wish to use someone. ("my tongue will taste of gin and malicious intent" because I do love a good gin, "i will lie awake, and lie for fun and fake the way i hold you" etc)

Motion City Soundtrack - lgfuad (aka "lets get fucked up and die"; if im ever feeling tragic and in the need for alcohol to make me feel better this song describes me then)

Neko Case - Hold On, Hold On (default misery song. "the most tender place in my heart is for strangers")

(in fact they were all kinda miserable...but I can be happy :p)

Ultimately I have decided...no. No I won't. No I can't.

I have different songs that can reflect different moods and seeing as my life is in flux and often changing its impossible to chose one song. Hell, I am myself often changing.

So for example;

Brand New - Me vs Maradona vs Elvis. That describes me when im feeling empty and like I wish to use someone. ("my tongue will taste of gin and malicious intent" because I do love a good gin, "i will lie awake, and lie for fun and fake the way i hold you" etc)

Motion City Soundtrack - lgfuad (aka "lets get fucked up and die"; if im ever feeling tragic and in the need for alcohol to make me feel better this song describes me then)

As I've said before; that's the only Brand New song I don't like. I hated how my ex sang along to it in front of me. But hey, I'm a paranoid bastard. l.g. fuad (no idea why, but that's the right spelling of the song, isn't it?) is an awesome song. Utterly hypocritical; happiness through despair. I agree. It's awesome.

And rokhed; manners dictates that you at least label what the video is! I don't care how an entire song goes, and I don't see why I should click on a link just to see what your answer is. But then I suppose it's something fairly obvious and stereotypical of you these days anyway, right?

Phantom Limb by The Shins... don't know why but it reflects the spectrum of a my personality and moods but in an audio way rather than through lyrics and meaning.

It has a lovely serenity to it (as does most of that album) but a passion at the same time.

As I've said before; that's the only Brand New song I don't like. I hated how my ex sang along to it in front of me. But hey, I'm a paranoid bastard. l.g. fuad (no idea why, but that's the right spelling of the song, isn't it?) is an awesome song. Utterly hypocritical; happiness through despair. I agree. It's awesome.

I know, and I do feel a bit bad for liking it and talking about it knowing but theres just something about it.

And yeah its l.g.fuad and unless MCS come and explain to me why the periods are there I shall refuse to use them.

Legion of Doom did have another Dashboard Confessional Song and I think it was mixed in with Brand New!!

When I went to watch mewithoutYou I saw there was talent there, but the guy pretty much raped the microphone with his mouth but it became amazing when Brand New joined them for their last song! EPICNESS

Gutted to Gizmo and J7 who will never see that and I HAVE :D:indeed: