N-Europe

My Appeal

ReZourceman

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't see that a contract would say, "Pay may be affected by warnings given out."

Despite what you've done.

They can put you on disciplinary which affects (or completely remove) pay rises. Pretty common practice among big companies. I'm not sure about inflation rises but most definitely perf payrises.

We don't get a payrise if we don't meet certain criteria within a pace of time in our performance reviews. You have to better yourself in and out of work. It's like being back in those career lessons in school!

See kids this is what real life is all about :D

*dies*

But in all seriousness - I wanted to appeal my banding process in work and was "recommended" not to. Which means I get less of a payrise, and potentially a PAY CUT in 3 years o_o

So I can understand your situation. :( Pretty fucking balls.:blank:

*Sigh*

So now Ive got a meeting about the appeal. Cripes, I just want it to all be over now.

Advice: Take a notepad in with you and have some key points you want to mention (it will be in your appeal but there are always things you may forget/remember.)

Also, you are allowed to take someone in with you. And you are allowed to take notes. If nothing in your appeal works, go with the:

"I'm depressed about it as I feel like I'm being forced into not doing well as I wont get bonus' and I'm a naturally hard grafter" stance. If they dont give a shit go on the sick (claim depression to your doc) until you find a better job.

Better still, if the doc gives you depression tablets...sell them. ;)

Best of luck. They are practically forcing you out. Bastards.

Okay, that was the appeal meeting and thus ends the last proper part of this whole saga.

I will hear that they've rejected my appeal (assumably) within 14 days, and then I decide....

SHOULD I STAY OR SHOULD I GO NOW.

Wait for the result, when can you hand your notice in? haha ^_^

Good grammar, accurate spelling... a reasonable letter.

In my opinion, the consequences they have given you are too harsh. I don't mean to cite references to a 50 year old novel, but, well... this does slightly resemble a society with the Thought Police.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I heard back today. I thought there were 2 highly likely options (Either nothing, or they'd hold my bonus but allow me a pay rise)

And the second option occured, so they said no bonus, but they have allowed me a pay rise.

And now I make a big decision. Hmmmm. Are all full time jobs meant to be shit and depressing, or should I look for another one and see if thats shit and depressing?

Okay, I heard back today. I thought there were 2 highly likely options (Either nothing, or they'd hold my bonus but allow me a pay rise)

And the second option occured, so they said no bonus, but they have allowed me a pay rise.

And now I make a big decision. Hmmmm. Are all full time jobs meant to be shit and depressing, or should I look for another one and see if thats shit and depressing?

Regarding your last questions, I've always believed that the job you want to do the rest of your life should be a job you enjoy doing.

What about working part time and being a hooker on the side? How well can you blow?

Seriously though a job is supposed to allow you to live your life comfortably. It's not going to be a bunch of roses, but you should still enjoy it to a certain degree.

If the pay is good and you don't think you can get a better paid job then stick it out for a while until you decide what to do. If you can get better or just as good then have a look round.

Besides you're still young, hip and sexy. You don't have to make a decision that will affect your entire life. Take things a slowly and work out what you want in the longer run.