Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2008/2009

Ramar

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, it wasn't the best Manchester United game I've ever seen, but we did enough to win. That's the thing, it seemed like we didn't really push ourselves to play. The whole game seemed to be at a pedestrian pace.

We scored very early on, with a great header from Vidic, who has been fucking outstanding this season. The thing is, Inter didn't react. There was the odd chance during the first half, but they didn't sustain the pressure.

Then, half time came, we grabbed another goal after that, and still there was no pressure. Had there been some, and I think United would have pushed a lot more and we might have had a better game. On the whole, I think the words "subdued" and "cautious" sum it up.

But, the main thing is, we didn't play well and snatched two goals. So, we're through to the next round, with no suspensions or injuries gained from this game, so that's sweet.

I stayed behind to watch the Arsenal/Roma game, as it was being shown after our match had finished. Fucking hell, how can two teams play for 30 minutes of extra time and create nothing? Were there any chances? Was the whole game like this?

Fast forward to the penalties: Some great penalties, particularly Baptista's (sp?). :D Although, the player who missed will be kicking himself. Such a poor, poor penalty.

So, all four English teams go through, and Real Madrid and three Italian teams are knocked out. What is going on? How can Real Madrid, a team supposedly the second best team in La Liga, containing the likes of Casillas, Robben, Cannavaro, Sergio Ramos, lose so badly to an English team 7 points off the top spot. Whilst Inter Milan, who are supposedly the crop of Serie A, just not put up a fight whatsoever to United? Do teams just not care?

I wonder what the Spurs fans would want.

If they beat us, they'll climb up the table and get further from relegation, yet they'll practically hand Arsenal 4th spot back if Arsenal win their match.

Seeing as Arsenal are playing Blackburn on Saturday, they could be in 4th place for at least 24 hours.

Just watched the shootout and damn both keepers did not seem interested at all. Almunia is quite possibly been one of the worst keepers i've seen in a shootout. Looking scared, crouching down and just falling over at every penalty. Never looked like he could save one and he only did because as he fell down in slow motion the Roma played scuffed the ball down the middle. Damn that was poor.

But to be fair im glad Arsenal knocked out Roma. Can't stand em.

I wonder what the Spurs fans would want.

If they beat us, they'll climb up the table and get further from relegation, yet they'll practically hand Arsenal 4th spot back if Arsenal win their match.

Seeing as Arsenal are playing Blackburn on Saturday, they could be in 4th place for at least 24 hours.

We'll take the 3 points every time! D'nt give a fuck about Arsenal atm, we just need to climb the table. I'm hoping we can help them out this weekend.

Just watched the shootout and damn both keepers did not seem interested at all. Almunia is quite possibly been one of the worst keepers i've seen in a shootout. Looking scared, crouching down and just falling over at every penalty. Never looked like he could save one and he only did because as he fell down in slow motion the Roma played scuffed the ball down the middle. Damn that was poor.

But to be fair im glad Arsenal knocked out Roma. Can't stand em.

Typically Almunia is great at penalties, but must admit he didn't seem up to it the other day.

Yeah I couldn't believe how shite both keepers were, playing a long game is no excuse, both of them should have been able to make good dives yet they looked as if they didn't care. Never seen a worse shoot-out in my life. Extra time was even worse with posession loss but it doesn't really need explaining.

So, Manchester United versus Liverpool, which kicks off in an hour's time.

I'm nervous to hell, but also really excited, too. This is one of the most important games of the season. My only worry is the midfield, as this is possibly where we could lose out in the game. Ferguson needs to get this right, and we need to provide better service to the strikers, which is something we failed to do against Inter (yet we still won two nil). Ronaldo was the best player on the field, but he hardly had the ball - the service just wasn't good enough.

But, I'm expecting United to do well today. I'm going for a 2-0 victory. With Rooney and Tevez to get the goals, one in each half.

Not happy at all that Lucas is playing now that Alonso is out with an injury.

Lucas is just the new Sissoko, all the Liverpool fans ive spoken to just cant see what Benitez see's in him. He is just very average. Sissoko at least was a very good tackler, just his other skills were on a schoolboy level.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!