NEurope
Serebii

Stars Catalogue/Updates

I'm beginning to regret not having registered a couple of my codes before the deadline... I'm a few hundred short of anything good :( got just over 5k stars.. at least another few hundred could have gotten me a bit of software!

Have had my MK8 CD on pretty much a constant loop since I received it the other day. What an incredible soundtrack! :bowdown:

Loving those little descriptions in the booklet and exclusive artwork. It's great how a few of the tracks are also unique versions for the CD. :awesome:

Man, I'm gonna miss Club Nintendo... :sad:

Have had my MK8 CD on pretty much a constant loop since I received it the other day. What an incredible soundtrack! :bowdown:

Loving those little descriptions in the booklet and exclusive artwork. It's great how a few of the tracks are also unique versions for the CD. :awesome:

Don't count awesome rewards out yet.

They know how much people in Japan and Europe love them. Just because Club Nintendo is going doesn't mean we're not going to continue to get cool stuff

I've only just now got around to listening to it as I write my reviews, I'm just under halfway through the first disc and it has me grinning from ear to ear. :D

It really makes you appreciate just how much effort went into creating such a sublime soundtrack to what is for me personally the defining entry in the Mario Kart series, obviously the original still holds a special place in my heart but Mario Kart 8 is certainly the culmination of what the series has been leading up to for a long time now. :)

There's such diversity in the music tracks as well owing to them having so many fantastic composers and musicians working together to produce something which really takes advantage of the high quality linear PCM sound which the Wii U is capable of while not forgetting the roots of what makes the series so unforgettable to listen to just as it is to watch and indeed play. : peace:

Such a joyous soundtrack which is as much a celebration of Nintendo as it is of Mario Kart as a whole. :heart:

Yeah the soundtrack is top quality, what a monumental step up audio wise from Mario Kart Wii.

Mount Wario is easily my favourite (both course and music) but some of the more synthesised ones like Sweet Sweet Canyon are great too.

Going to put the F-Zero tracks in my car and play them on loop, should make my commute to work faster, right?

Going to put the F-Zero tracks in my car and play them on loop, should make my commute to work faster, right?

fzero_crashedout.gif

Probably already been mentioned in a different thread but you can now login to Club Nintendo using your Nintendo Network ID if it's been linked with it in the past.

Edit: Though after saying that I've found it logs me out immediately every time I try to login using my NNID.

Edit 2: Had to link Club Nintendo to NNID via the website before it worked. Thought it'd already know because of the linking on Wii U/3DS.

Edited by V. Amoleo

It would be nice if the coin was really cheap as a "thank you" to everyone.

Must... resist... trophies. Must... wait... for... coasters...

Got the Mario Kart 8 pin badges in the post the other day - really nice.

Unsure what I'll spend the last 5500 stars on. Not sure if i'm bothered about the goodbye coin or not.

Got the Mario Kart 8 pin badges in the post the other day - really nice.

Unsure what I'll spend the last 5500 stars on. Not sure if i'm bothered about the goodbye coin or not.

If it helps your decision, I seem to remember the Mario Kart trophies being worth a fair amount on auction sites the last time they were released.

£50 - £100 per trophy isn't a bad return. : peace:

@Hero\-of\-Time didn't you do rather well out of these when they first came out? :D

If it helps your decision, I seem to remember the Mario Kart trophies being worth a fair amount on auction sites the last time they were released.

£50 - £100 per trophy isn't a bad return. : peace:

@Hero\-of\-Time didn't you do rather well out of these when they first came out? :D

I got £50 and £70 for my two trophies.

Not as rare as they were back then though, they've all been made available a few times since.

Only 2500 stars, for two coasters!

They are nice though.

I'm holding out for the Club Nintendo Goodbye coin - or whatever it's called - being priced at 1000 points.

I know it'll be 3000+ but I like to keep the dream alive. :indeed:

I was excited for the coasters, but 2,500 stars is mental. Why not a set of the four designs for like 5,000?

Guess it's gonna be MK trophies instead.

Finally!

Spent 5000 stars on the question block and brick coasters :) might have to trawl eBay for the other two if they're not too expensive.

Finally!

Spent 5000 stars on the question block and brick coasters :) might have to trawl eBay for the other two if they're not too expensive.

Me too... should have checked on here before though, would have been a good idea for me to get the bobomb and fire flower and we could have done an exchange to get the full set. Although tbh I'm happy enough with just the 4 I've got coming on the way.

Was a bit expensive, but I can do with a few new coasters so why not... I'm not so fussed by anything else on there, and I hadn't realised how many stars I had till a month ago so it's a hefty bonus for me :)

Me too... should have checked on here before though, would have been a good idea for me to get the bobomb and fire flower and we could have done an exchange to get the full set. Although tbh I'm happy enough with just the 4 I've got coming on the way.

Was a bit expensive, but I can do with a few new coasters so why not... I'm not so fussed by anything else on there, and I hadn't realised how many stars I had till a month ago so it's a hefty bonus for me :)

Good idea but to be honest I quite like having two of each anyway :) Hopefully they'll be quite good quality...

Good idea but to be honest I quite like having two of each anyway :) Hopefully they'll be quite good quality...

Yeah.. ideally they would have been packs of 4 for 2500 with 2 designs in each pack. hmm.. or I would have bought a lot more games :D

Anyway, the pictures looked like the coasters should be good quality, fingers crossed they will be :)

The coasters, single ones, are on sale for about £20 each via eBay. I think Club Nintendo Japan had them available before... Maybe check the auction pics for quality if you're worried.

I'm really torn. I wanted the coasters, but their 2/2,500 arrangement is off putting and now the MK trophies are there... but getting one or two (at the cost of all my remaining Stars) means I'll go on a quest to get them all.

Maybe the Luigi diorama will show up soon, I'd probably grab that over anything else on there at the moment if it was priced reasonably.