NEurope
Serebii

Stars Catalogue/Updates

stars.jpg

Thats right!

Doctor Who references aside, At the end of this month, almost all your stars are going to expire...I myself am losing 14,500 stars

This is unacceptable, there are never Wii Points to spend it on and when they appear, they're gone within minutes...apart from the starting at the new catalgoue, theres nothing good

Its ridiculous

I'm apparently losing out 0 of my stars (though I only have about 3075 left). I think that is because they had to refund some of my stars since I never got my products.

Are you sure there's never any Wii points though? I've been able to buy Wii points pretty much every time I checked. Though of course that's on the Belgian site. =/

Guess you better check the site every day or something...

You're wasting your time.

Face it, Nintendo (and any other smart company) will never give easily points, it would be a failure for sales of Nintendo, the Wii Points by Stars are a marketing stunt, so guys continue to waste time gaining Stars, to be disappointed later.

(I don't know if there's other way of receiving stars than to register games, but, whatever)

I just dont see why there should be a limit on "Wii point cards", heck I dont even see why these should expire

I mean come on, we've been loyal fans for years, through what could be described as their dark ages...and this is the thanks we get

This is how the world ends...not with a bang, but with a whimper

You used to be able to gain points when you visiting the site (5 points per day) and by filling in questionnaire thingies. Not sure they still do that last one.

If there was a way for me to get Wii points for you guys, I would. Like give star points to me and I'd give you the Wii points code. But guess that doesn't work. =/

Serebii, that's another part of the plan, so there aren't guys waiting for the right opurtunity to buy a lot of Points.

This is all marketing, if you want to waste time with that, at least don't waste time complaining, i doubt anything will change.

Do you people have no memory? Nintendo said stars would expire ages ago, it was written in the site! It always was in the terms of condition, stars last 2 years. I mean, I registered the stars I had a few months ago and got to use almost all of them no problem.

Although Tellyn still has my Mario rack...

I know, this is a reminder to spend and a rebirth of the moaning about it :p

I personally wouldnt have known I had 14500 going out, and now I'll constantly be checking for Wii Points to spend it on

And then when I try to log in to use my stars that Nintendo are taking from me, what do I get?

picture2zj0.png

Fuck you Nintendo.

They're not there everytime but I think you won't have a problem finding Wii point cards in the next few days if you visit the site 2/3 times a day.

Luckily for me I just need to spend 4000, but I don't see the point in harbouring them these days since there is nothing of worth on the catalogue anyway.

I was gonna be losing over 4500 stars. Luckily I was awake quite early and there was 500 point cards on the nintendo star store thing.

I purchase one, go back to the page and they're all gone.

i would write a sad sad story (like on britains got talent) to codestorm or nintendo and explain all the hard work you put into collecting starts etc..... and then cry alot and pretend you are 12 years old. I bet they will compensate you. Other approach is pretend to be a parent and get mad.

Complaining (trolling) companies can be rewarding ;)

I had something like 6000 stars on there a while ago. I thought after a while "fuck this theres never anything I want on the stars catalogue so I might as well spend them on wii points!" I checked back a few times every day for a week, and although the only ones on there were usually 100 point cards, it still used my stars and on a couple of occasions I managed to get 300 and 500 too, which was a bonus. Basically I now have over 1000 wii points for free, so I advise doing that! You need to check regularly though. I left the page open and refreshed whenever I got the chance/remembered.

7000 of my stars expire at the end of the month, so just ordered one of those notepads for myself. Better than nothing I suppose, and I noticed that the Mario notepad sells for about £10 on eBay! Plan on spending my last 3000 stars on Wii points, if any become available.

I may end up blowing my on those Mario Retro style notepads as well if I can't get my stars exchanged to Wii points in time.

But since the option to login has vanished from the website since yesterday guess I'II have to wait a little longer.

i used to work nights and finish at half 6 in the morning. used to go on the nintendo site then and i used to be able to get 1000 points aat tht time. ive spent all my stars on wii points. got quite a few free games. got sin and punishment, paper mario, super metroid and some other nes games. well worth working nights for haha.

Website is back up and running and after checking my account I've got no stars expiring at the end of June. I was sure with having over 17,000 worth of stars I'd be loosing a large amount but I've already spent 8,000 stars this year on 2 lots of 1,000 wii points and Also purchased a Mario Rack as well. :)

I also checked the Wii point shop and everything is sold out apart from the 300pts wii card for 1,200 stars (which I snapped up as well)

I got the email about this yesterday. I checked my account and I stand to lose 200 points. Not much in comparison to others, but I still don't feel its right that they should be expiring. I have other things that I haven't added to my account, so I dunno whether do stick em on and see if I can spend my 200 or what.

I'm gonna lose 3000.

I check the damn wii points section as much as I can but they never seem to update them. Why is there a limit? JOKE.

Gonna end up spending them on shit.

When are Wii Points usually added?

The problem is that it seems there's no pattern. I hope you feel lucky.

I didn't have much trouble finding point cards a few weeks back though. I visited 2-5 times a day.

I'm still waiting for the t-shirt i ordered back in JANUARY. In April got an email saying it wasn't sent yet and i should re-enter my address just to reconfirm, still waiting for it.

Does anyone have an email address that might go through to an actual person at Nintendo?

I'm still waiting for the t-shirt i ordered back in JANUARY. In April got an email saying it wasn't sent yet and i should re-enter my address just to reconfirm, still waiting for it.

Does anyone have an email address that might go through to an actual person at Nintendo?

I had a similar problem (ordered something in October, never arrived). I used the email on their site (Belgian one though) and had to sent a couple of emails before I finally got a reaction (in May!), saying they would give my points back. Which they did (though they didn't give enough so I had to mail them again).

Just keep emailing them I guess, explaining that it still hasn't arrived. Ask them if it still will be sent or if you can get your points back if they don't send it. Not sure there's much else you can do (unless you call them?).