N-Europe

Emos attack Daily Mail

ipaul

Good for them. Sticking up for themselves.

1) The Mail is wrong, as it is with so many things

2) Let them be who they are. Emo, a label which as I'm sure Shorty will tell you is wrong applied 99% of the time, is just the new mosher, rocker, mod, punk etc. (even if the music may be a little worse!)

Emo is just the latest term to come out that is now incorrectly used for anyone who wears anything remotely black. I get called an emo because I wear a black hoody to school instead of the school jumper. Not even a slogan or anything on it, just a small Nike logo. And that instantly makes me an emo.

Same way people were generalised with Goth, Skater, Mosher, whatever in the past.

We were called 'sweaties' at my school, whether you were into Incubus or Maiden or Busted or Deep Purple or whatever. Not sure if that word is still in use. This was before Emo entered the general conciousness.

DailyMailFrontPage.jpg

this what daily mail stands for

That's shocking! Why aren't they giving out something better than a pocket sudoku machine?

Back in my day, in the heady days of the 90's, it was townies vs. skatebums. Seeing as I wasn't a proto-chav townie and didn't wear Addidas tracksuits I was automatically a skatebum, despite not owning or knowing how to operate a skateboard.

Back in my day, in the heady days of the 90's, it was townies vs. skatebums. Seeing as I wasn't a proto-chav townie and didn't wear Addidas tracksuits I was automatically a skatebum, despite not owning or knowing how to operate a skateboard.

Townies, now thats a word I've not heard in a long time. Townies vs Skaters. Heh was funny until my parents called me a townie for being raised in a town.. My view on the word changed after that.

As for those MCR fans, bunch of gimps, maybe if they were a suicide cult they could get it over with swiftly so I don't have to read about them.

I used ot get called (still am by the younger people in the school, but that's just funny) an emo, becuase I had big black hair, that went over my face...but truth be told, the only emo bands I like are MCR and sometimes 30 Seconds to Mars, I never cut myself, and I am not depressed (despite histoy of it in my family).

I never really cared, and now people in my year don't care, but I know because there wer eno groups of emos in my school, it wasn't easy to find a section of the year to pick on. It was really just one big joke though. I have my hair the way it is now simply because i hate my natural hair.

----

Enough about me;

Thank fuck. I'm sure this'll just make for another article, though.

"HELP! THE EMO ARMY ATTACKS OUR OFFICES!"

As much as I enjoy the musical talents of My Chemical Romance, that article is complete bullshit.

The fans were objecting to Daily Mail reports describing My Chemical Romance as a "suicide cult band"

The amount of times they talk about death suggests otherwise, the fact that some people have little brain matter to follow it is another question.

A few were dressed in typical dark, "emo" fashion but most followed the request of the organisers, who had written on the website: "Please consider dressing to suit the day ... Don't try to dress stereotypically." Many of the fans had homemade shirts with positive slogans such as, "Think happy thoughts."

I'm slightly confused by this, are they basically saying "dress as you would normally, but don't dress as you would normally". The fact that how someone dresses possibly might fall into the stereotypical catergory is irrelevant. Those who changed to adhere to this are afraid they may be wrong.

Tabitha Reed, 14:

"I love MCR, it saves lives... I've read a couple of the [Mail] articles and they've actually misquoted lyrics..."

I really would like to see the logic of how the Mail has misquoted the lyrics and that the lyrics in fact save lives.

Craig Goodwin, 17:

"I know people who've done it [self harm] in the past but they've always come through it. Some have listened to MCR and it's built their confidence up so they could come back like they were before."

Basically he's admitted that emo's have self harmed, whether they've come through it or not is irrelevant. Plus I really can't see how My Chemical Romance can build confidence. But then again you find people spunking over Mr. Brightside etc, so I guess anything's possible.

Basically he's admitted that emo's have self harmed, whether they've come through it or not is irrelevant. Plus I really can't see how My Chemical Romance can build confidence. But then again you find people spunking over Mr. Brightside etc, so I guess anything's possible.

He just said he knows people who've done it, you are assuming that he only knows 'emos'. I know people who have done it and they arn't emo.

He just said he knows people who've done it, you are assuming that he only knows 'emos'. I know people who have done it and they arn't emo.

Exactly, I have a close friend that does is sometimes and she's certaintly not an "Emo".

Anyhoo, the Daily Mail is utter balls and it always has been. Why people buy it I don't know. It's what's wrong with people in this country..summarised in a paper.

Hehehe. These are fun!

DOES NEW LABOUR STRIP BRITAIN'S SWANS OF ALL DIGNITY?

COULD GAYS INFECT YOUR DAUGHTERS WITH AIDS?

WILL LESBIANS IMPREGNATE THE QUEEN?

COULD GORDON BROWN GIVE THE MEMORY OF DIANA CANCER?

DO THE FRENCH STRIP YOUR DAUGHTERS OF ALL DIGNITY?

Lol.