Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

MadWorld

marcel

offical website online

header.jpg

1?Black & White Style

In this age of 1080p resolution, the best stress the idea of “blood” was to immerse users in a game wrapped in black and white.

MadWorld revolves around the themes of brutality and exhilaration. To give MadWorld the graphical edge to match its brutal theme, we tried removing all color from the world except for blood. As a result, we decided the best way to convey blood, and thus brutality, was against this black and white backdrop. Knowing that there are no other action games with this sort of avant-garde graphical style, our course was set.

By adding touches from American comics, like the exclamations that appear during action scenes, anyone who knows how it feels to read a comic book (or watch an episode of Tom & Jerry) should instantly be able to enjoy playing MadWorld. We are also taking the simple controls of the Wii and adding a variety of actions to the gameplay mix.

2.Light-hearted Brutality

Often times, brutality is expressed in a spiteful nature. There are already plenty of games out there that hit this mark; however, we decided that MADWORLD’s brutality should be aimed at providing the user with a sense of exhilaration during play.

To give you an example from gameplay, we have a scene where you can pull a street sign from the ground and shove it into a enemy’s head. However, I thought that it is much more fun to stab someone with a sign that actually has some sort of meaning as opposed to a knife. We tried the idea out, and the reaction amongst the team was so positive, I knew this was the way to proceed.

While one type of action is already fun, one of MadWorld’s most innovative points is the ability to link and layer these actions together. For instance, you can grab that enemy with the street sign through his head and throw him against a spiked wall.

3. A Message to Our Fans

We are working with every once of energy we have to give you the great Wii game you’ve been clamoring for. We’ve got more exciting stuff to show in the future, so we hope you’ll keep cheering us on!

Note: MADWORLD is currently scheduled for North American and European release. A Japanese release is currently undecided.

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We’ve got more exciting stuff to show in the future, so we hope you’ll keep cheering us on!

SHINJI MIKAMI PROJECT, SHINJI MIKAMI PROJECT, SHINJI MIKAMI PROJECT, SHINJI MIKAMI PROJECT, SHINJI MIKAMI PROJECT, SHINJI MIKAMI PROJECT, SHINJI MIKAMI PROJECT....

new info:

-about the story : "Death Watch" is the name of the broadcasted massacre game the hero (Jack) is taking part of. The goal of this show is to kill the most participants, in the most violent way possible, in the sole purpose of entertaining the public. Thus, the participants are able to earn points to climb a ranking ; a ranking on which the main protagonist intend to slay his way to the top. And even though the participants were especially choosen for they lust for murder, Jack and some of the other protagonists of the game, however, are reluctant to kill, and are doing it a bit in spite of it all ; in fact, it's killed or being killed.

Inside this game, there are also Top Warriors, which are nearing the top of the ranking, and which you'll probably have to take down to climb to the top.

-there are numerous way to kill your opponents. You can stab, impale on spikes, or even cover your, or plunge someone into a gasoline barrel on fire and throw it into the sea. They want the player to always wonder "What can I do next ?" .

-As a totally random example, they feel that even, like , the office lady coming back from a hard day of work can relieve her intense stress with this game, kind of like (from the interview) "Take THIS, section manager ! You goddamn baldy ! *insert japanese battle cry here* "

-In fact, they think that the immediate fun potential of the Wii and the intuitiveness of the controls are the reason why they thought that this game, whose gameplay is essentially about going wild and have great fun, was suited to this console. Nishikawa thinks that the Wii has a lot of interesting games, but what they are aiming to do is making a sharp game, which is a head above what has been released so far.

-They are still far from sure that the game will see a release in Japan, essentially because they wouldn't really want the censorship, which they would be pressured to apply, to compromise this game. But a Japanese release is not entirely out of the question.

More specifically Sega own PlatinumGames.

The article is really good but it shouldn't be posted online. Either go buy it or wait till it shows up on the EDGE website or just wait till other websites get the information.

Yeah you are right, they have a 4 game contract with them and the 4th game hasn't been announced yet. It is good to see working again and its good to see them coming up with interesting ideas to the Wii and Mad World is definitely the game I'm most looking to out of the 3 announced games.

Yeah you are right, they have a 4 game contract with them and the 4th game hasn't been announced yet. It is good to see working again and its good to see them coming up with interesting ideas to the Wii and Mad World is definitely the game I'm most looking to out of the 3 announced games.

Indeed it's fantastic to see someone taking the Wii and DS so seriously. Infinite Line also looks fantastic.

Nah I'm not sure about Infinite Line though it seems that Platinum Games itself is expanding and diversifying which is nice to see and hopefully means they won't run into trouble again.

My only concern for Mad World is that the story seems sorta similar to Manhunt. But then again when your throwing signposts through people heads who cars about story?

For people wondering about the Shinji Mikami "project" by the way, for ages I recall there were rumours about him having a Wii project in development, something "organic" I believe.....well either that or I'm confusing this with Kojima...or maybe I'm thinking of some collab.

Anyway either way there was definitely stuff linking Mikami to Wii in the past. Question is whether it died or if this is still the same thing.

• 1 month later...

In MADWORLD™, players participate in a game of life and death, where only the strong will survive. You play as Jack, who’s caught up in the terror of Death Watch, the murderous game created by the terrorists who call themselves ‘The Organizers’. To remain alive – and solve the mystery behind Death Watch – you must master the use of weapons and items found within the environment and compete in ultra violent mini-games designed to push you over the edge. With its irreverent humor and over-the-top violence MADWORLD™ delivers a visceral gaming experience that will be an instant classic on the Wii.

KEY FEATURES

• Highly Stylized graphics – black and white graphics based on comic books and graphic novels deliver a stunning and unique looking game

• Exciting, visceral gameplay – fast and instinctive arcade-style gameplay with brutal finishing moves delivered by the Wii Remote and Nunchuk

• Over-the-top violence and irreverent content – exaggerated characters, murderous moves, monstrous bosses & outrageous commentary add to the irreverent and humorous tone

• Multiplayer mini-games – compete in a variety of ultra-violent “party-games” that can be played hotseat against friends

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!