NEurope
marcel

MadWorld

urgh, to fuck with frank. i honestly cant be bothered to play through the level again, only for the boss to kill me unfairly. did two electric shocks in a row after knocking me into the water, lost a life in 5 seconds, totaly unable to respond.

totaly ruined the game for me, my enjoyment has plumited, im strongly considering selling it.

urgh, to fuck with frank. i honestly cant be bothered to play through the level again, only for the boss to kill me unfairly. did two electric shocks in a row after knocking me into the water, lost a life in 5 seconds, totaly unable to respond.

totaly ruined the game for me, my enjoyment has plumited, im strongly considering selling it.

...Casual.

i don't get the hate for frank, thought he was pretty easy personally. You do know you can simply jump and avoid the shock right?

...Casual.

ok, so apparently it makes me casual to not enjoy losing to cheap tactics, or repeating the same boring streach of gameplay over and over again?

if that dosent make me casual then maybe its the large pile of games ive played through, or the hundreds of hours i put into gaming every year.

i don't mind difficulty, hell i love chalenege, but what i cant stand is repeating long, dull sections of gameplay to get to a section of gameply that regularly kills you unfairly. i say unfairly as the camera dosent help, and the awkward position your likly to fall in.

belive im casual if you want, but in my eyes the moment a game stops being fun, it stops being worth playing.

i don't get the hate for frank, thought he was pretty easy personally. You do know you can simply jump and avoid the shock right?

you can, but the camera angle makes it very difficult to tell when hes going to do it.

Don't take it seriously mate, it was a joke.

then we shall put my outburst down to game rage suffered because of frank.

Yeah, exactly. Just keep jumping and backflipping and you don't really get hit.

He isn't that hard.

Just got my copy from my local Gamestation. Don't really think i've got time to play it but i got it to support the cause, but when buying it I was told by the worker I was the first person to buy a copy of the game...To congratulate me they gave me a free madworld T-shirt.

Just got my copy from my local Gamestation. Don't really think i've got time to play it but i got it to support the cause, but when buying it I was told by the worker I was the first person to buy a copy of the game...To congratulate me they gave me a free madworld T-shirt.

Haha, that's so sad and incredibly lucky.

I agree with all the hate for Frank. Took me a few too many attempts before I figured him out , worst thing (as others have said) was having to go through the whole level numerous times just to reattempt it.

Was pleased to get him out of the way , until I arrived at 'Area 66' , I absolutely hate that area and it is becoming a struggle to stay enthused enough to see out the end of the game.

Well i had only tried to go against frank once, today i tried again and decided to strategise, and low and behold it was simple.

Guess i was overeacting XD

Started playing this game today, about one hour ago.

I have little time, as I need to go sleep, and my brother wants to play it more, even though he's been playing it since afternoon I think he's almost finishing it, and he spoiled me the final boss ;___; (It might be a joke, though, I don't believe that's actually the last boss of the game).

However, my best kill yet (probably not much to you pro's who played a lot):

Picked a tire, put it in him, picked a flaming garbage bar and put used it in him, then proceeded to give him a Signal Post in the head, then drove him to the train and just made him suffer a little while he took a train coming at his back.

Then I used the finishing manuever in which I sit the guy in the big thorn.

FUCKING AWESOME

So I'm trying to get through this on hard... and yes, it's hard.

It's not too difficult to get to the bosses, but I do end up getting game over before defeating them. It doesn't really detract too much, because I've obviously spent the majority of time having fun on the level previously. However, I feel it may be a little more economical if you were maybe just sent to the beginning of the boss battle after a game over, rather than having to play through the whole level.

But as I say, playing through the levels are fun enough, and it's not too bad considering all levels are freely open once you've unlocked hard mode.

Just on 2nd level and I am LOVLIN' this, playing this and also getting though force unleashed n really like both.

Have to admit that after getting this last friday, I truly cannot see why people enjoy it so much. Yes, I can see the comedic values the game has to offer in it's violence and commentary but besides that I've found it very repetitive and have had no real reason to continue playing it. Out of the 3 titles from Sega, this was the one that I was unsure about and I now see why. You know, I commend Platinum Games for creating an original mature IP on the Wii but really it isn't that great. I'm really fighting to find a reason to continue on through it. Haven't touched it since last sunday when I was reviewing it. I don't feel bad for wasting money on it because I support what Platinum Games are trying to do and because I gave it try given my uneven mind on the title. I can see why people will like it though but it's just totally not caught me in the same way.

And it's nothing personally against MadWorld as many new release titles are doing the same with me. GTA Chinatown Wars was brilliant the first couple of times I played it but now I don't know. Perhaps I should leave/not play games for a period of time and come back to them and that way I'd probably be able to appreciate them better, this included. Just the amount of games I've had to play through has sort of melted my gaming brain to the point where I can't do it anymore.

Ganepark32

The point of the game is to use your imagination and thinking to do the most awesome kills ever.

If you go on rampage with chainsaw, it is indeed boring.

But that is exactly the problem. While the game makes you use your imagination to get point combos for kills (which for the record is what I have been doing) you are limited in what you can do and so your imagination doesn't have the freedom that the game initially lets you believe it allows you. Shoving several objects through a guys head after binning him and the spiking him or what have you is what the gameplay really boils down to. I have just found it a bit too repetitive for my liking even when thinking of new ways to get points.

But as I said, my problem doesn't sit solely with this as I just have no want to be playing games at the moment and I should probably take some form of hiatus before coming back to this as I would probably appreciate it more.

im with ganepark on this, i cant really see the love. it was awsome when i started but i wasnt far in before i started to get a bit sick of it. it is kinda repetative, i mean, theres only so many times you can stick a sign post into a guys skull and still find it fun.

i may just be sowered by the fact i cant beat frank and the run up to his battle has become the most dreery thing in existance, but i've totaly stopped enjoying the game.

If you stay in the same place, killing people with the items there and trying to get the points that way, it gets stale. But if you keep running around the level looking for new stuff then it's great. You don't have to kill everyone around you, just torture 1 or 2 and get going.

So I fought Frank again, this time on hard mode just to see if I'd just lucked out the first time.

What the hell is wrong with you pussies? He's probably the simplest boss in the whole game. Just stay on the platform, backflip out of the way of all his attacks (which is easy) and deal some chainsaw damage. Even the QTE doesn't take any quick reflexes to activate. When you find yourself in the water, it's not hard to jump when he electrocutes the floor.

The hatred of Frank really baffles me.

Yeah Frank was a refreshingly easy bosy in my opinion. As D_p says, say on top (near the stairs) until he goes to attack, do a jumping chainsaw, and maybe a cheeky second attack before legging it up stairs. And when he goes to recharge just chase him attacking.

I've played this for about 2 hours and have just done the first motorbike mission. I'm on the fence at the moment, the game really doesn't quite have the wow factor I was expecting and there doesn't seem to be a whole host of variety. I am in love with the unique graphics and music though and atmospherically the game is amazing, really sucks you in to the style. I'm just not sure if there's going to be enough "game" to justify the £25 I paid. Certainly not a patch on NMH. Bosses so far are OK but nothing spectaculer. Motion is a bit hit and miss and the PAL conversion is DREADFUL. What were Platinum games thinking?! :angry: Is it really too much to ask for a full screen game without black borders?? It's 2009 not 1989.

So far 6.5-7/10.

Disappointed to say that I would agree with those who are expressing a disappointment factor with the game.

I played it a fair bit for the first 3 or 4 days but since then I haven't felt compelled to return to it and it looks like my initial fears of repetition were well founded. There may be some merit in returning and exploring the levels a little more in a bid to discover new ways to kill , but ultimately it still gets old fast.

A shame really , as I was hoping to get a little more than a few days enjoyment out of it.