NEurope
Dante

Heroes Season 3 *Beware of Spoilers*

Lol, Worf as preident is the least laughable thing about the show.

When I seen Dorns name at the start I was wondering what part he would play, never expected that though.

I think they're both still alive. Meredith said fire can't hurt or something and I know Sylar is in the next volume because
He meets his real dad.

I think Peter only just got his Empathic Mimicry restored and needs to re-absorb his powers again. When he injected himself, he knew he could fly so it would be his Mimicry restored. If it wasn't, he wouldn't know what power he had and how to use it. This would mean he got Flints flame power aswell.

If the 'Heroes' get rounded up, he'll just end up re-absorbing their powers anyway, since as you said, they're getting rounded up and get put on a plane.

Yeah Sylar's still around for the reason you said [and I posted earlier in the thread].

Meridith [unless she exploded!] may well be back aswell!

But it's rediculous what they've suddenly done to Nathan these last couple of episodes; it's literally like a completely different character.

What's with his absolute hate for Peter all of a sudden, I mean where did that come from? He said if the roles had been reversed he'd have left Peter to die in that building!... Come on!

So one moment he wants to give everyone powers for 'his greater good', and now that he can't rule the world with his army, he wants to rule by throwing all others with powers in jail!

These constant character shifts are difficult to accept because most of the time they feel out of character!

Anyways... more stuff...

- Ando's power is rubbish really; I don't like the 'powers' that aren't really 'powers' as such.

- Peter only got his initial ability back; the catalyst in the formula kick started his genetic code again, giving him his ability; he then absorbed Nathans, possibly Flints aswell.

- Wonder what power Mohinder now has? Will he get a new one, or retain his previous one in a pure form e.g. his super strength [no-one has that now Nikki [and Knox] isn't around].

- Crap that Knox died when there are aweful characters such as Tracy still around!

Think that's about it...

Oh and I look forward to Peter meeting up with Sylar [and the other characters] at some point and re-absorbing LOADS of powers back!

Yeah Sylar's still around for the reason you said [and I posted earlier in the thread].

Meridith [unless she exploded!] may well be back aswell!

But it's rediculous what they've suddenly done to Nathan these last couple of episodes; it's literally like a completely different character.

What's with his absolute hate for Peter all of a sudden, I mean where did that come from? He said if the roles had been reversed he'd have left Peter to die in that building!... Come on!

So one moment he wants to give everyone powers for 'his greater good', and now that he can't rule the world with his army, he wants to rule by throwing all others with powers in jail!

These constant character shifts are difficult to accept because most of the time they feel out of character!

Anyways... more stuff...

- Ando's power is rubbish really; I don't like the 'powers' that aren't really 'powers' as such.

- Peter only got his initial ability back; the catalyst in the formula kick started his genetic code again, giving him his ability; he then absorbed Nathans, possibly Flints aswell.

- Wonder what power Mohinder now has? Will he get a new one, or retain his previous one in a pure form e.g. his super strength [no-one has that now Nikki [and Knox] isn't around].

- Crap that Knox died when there are aweful characters such as Tracy still around!

Think that's about it...

Oh and I look forward to Peter meeting up with Sylar [and the other characters] at some point and re-absorbing LOADS of powers back!

I must say, Nathan's character switch did seem very sudden over the past few episodes.

I disliked Knox...bit of a stereotype, one-dimensional person who was built to think nothing but 'kill' without any real development.

The flame user guy and Knox were absolutely ridiculous in their quick turn of sides - if they didn't want other people to have powers what were they doing on Arthur's side to begin with?

Also, Hiro must get his powers back. Hiro is the best-loved character by far, so if they leave him gimped then they are just being retarded. As well as that, remember when Ando zapped Hiro and we all thought he betrayed him? Maybe that power can be used to kill too, but maybe he was charging him up? Hell knows.

One thing that is really annoying me about the series is Isaac Mendez... In the build up to his death he was just painting what was about to happen yet he somehow found the time to also draw all these pictures about what is happening now. Heroes is becoming veryy famous for rewriting its own history to suit its needs now...

One thing that is really annoying me about the series is Isaac Mendez... In the build up to his death he was just painting what was about to happen yet he somehow found the time to also draw all these pictures about what is happening now. Heroes is becoming veryy famous for rewriting its own history to suit its needs now...
Though you could explain it that he would have been drawing/painting the future for years without knowing it and producing all these comics.

It was only when some of the events he'd been painting started to arrive that he noticed he was painting the future.

But I agree that when you first saw him he seemed to only be painting things the day or so before they happened.

But surely his painting of the New York bomb never happened, and therefore the future was changed, rendering all of his other paintings useless.

But surely his painting of the New York bomb never happened, and therefore the future was changed, rendering all of his other paintings useless.

In the weird storyline of Heroes, at the point of Isaac realising it it was going to happen it was going to happen. Then it was sorted out afterwards as a result of him drawing the paintings...meaning what Isaac saw was the future but in painting it it no longer was.

Bizarro.

You actually saw Isaac give the last copy of the comic to the bike messenger just before he was killed by Sylar though. So there isn't really anything wrong with bringing it back into the story now.

Did he paint New York destroyed or did he paint Peter exploding cos if he did then Peter did still explode?

Did he paint New York destroyed or did he paint Peter exploding cos if he did then Peter did still explode?
He painted 'an exploding man' and also a giant exploding new york murial on the floor.

You actually saw Isaac give the last copy of the comic to the bike messenger just before he was killed by Sylar though. So there isn't really anything wrong with bringing it back into the story now.

It does none the less seem strange that he was only painting the near future, yet now plenty of other stuff has appeared...Also seems odd he is painting a future that would not have existed if his original future had played out the way it was originally going to. Although I guess by the then the wheels were in motion for that future to be undone.

It does none the less seem strange that he was only painting the near future, yet now plenty of other stuff has appeared...Also seems odd he is painting a future that would not have existed if his original future had played out the way it was originally going to. Although I guess by the then the wheels were in motion for that future to be undone.

Isaac said he knew how it ends, probably referring to the grand scheme of things. He may well have known that in order for events to transpire in a particular way he had to continue producing the comics or act in a particular way.

I must say, Nathan's character switch did seem very sudden over the past few episodes.

I disliked Knox...bit of a stereotype, one-dimensional person who was built to think nothing but 'kill' without any real development.

The flame user guy and Knox were absolutely ridiculous in their quick turn of sides - if they didn't want other people to have powers what were they doing on Arthur's side to begin with?

Also, Hiro must get his powers back. Hiro is the best-loved character by far, so if they leave him gimped then they are just being retarded. As well as that, remember when Ando zapped Hiro and we all thought he betrayed him? Maybe that power can be used to kill too, but maybe he was charging him up? Hell knows.

1) Sylar is of course alive and of course we knew that because we have posted some set photos that prove it.

2) Apparently Sylar has a weakness, which is piece of glass placed in the precise place as seen in the Volume 3 finale.

3) Kristin confirmed the death she was talking about was not Elle and that the death hasn't happened yet. So it seems like the writers have changed their mind to give this person a second chance. (I assume she was talking about Tracy)

4) Hiro's will not regain his ability any time soon.

5) Eric Doyle The Puppet Master will return

heroes spoilertv

1) Sylar is of course alive and of course we knew that because we have posted some set photos that prove it.

2) Apparently Sylar has a weakness, which is piece of glass placed in the precise place as seen in the Volume 3 finale.

3) Kristin confirmed the death she was talking about was not Elle and that the death hasn't happened yet. So it seems like the writers have changed their mind to give this person a second chance. (I assume she was talking about Tracy)

4) Hiro's will not regain his ability any time soon.

5) Eric Doyle The Puppet Master will return

heroes spoilertv

Umm, that doesn't really answer anything (I thought everyone knew the weakness of regenerating people).

And I'm sure Hiro will get something else (maybe not time travel), but I reckon he'll get his original back eventually.

Didnt think much of the episode myself, drives me crazy the writers of this show. They dont care about established characters or facts at all and just have people do whatever the hell they want regardless of if they would or not.

Also I think this explains a lot:

2008-12-17.png

So when does volume 4 start straight after xmas? I watched episode 13 online just now as realised its not on next week at the usual time and will likely miss it.

So the formula can apparently kick start peoples powers. Shame there is none left to give his Hiro his powers and he now has to do the Peter thing and be gimped? Could create an interesting dynamic with Ando now being the way with powers. Although an ultimately useless power without others around him.

I am a bit annoyed that the formula can give those with lost powers their powers back. Unless peter has a few surprises when it comes to getting his powers back. I dunno...I think it was a kinda lame way out but Peter had to get them back someway or another.

What happened to the catalyst did it just die with Arthur? Does it actively have to be passed on like Hiro's mum did?

Like others I can't believe Nathans turnaround. Surely it won't be long before he also gets found out as having powers?

So when does volume 4 start straight after xmas? I watched episode 13 online just now as realised its not on next week at the usual time and will likely miss it.

So the formula can apparently kick start peoples powers. Shame there is none left to give his Hiro his powers and he now has to do the Peter thing and be gimped? Could create an interesting dynamic with Ando now being the way with powers. Although an ultimately useless power without others around him.

I am a bit annoyed that the formula can give those with lost powers their powers back. Unless peter has a few surprises when it comes to getting his powers back. I dunno...I think it was a kinda lame way out but Peter had to get them back someway or another.

What happened to the catalyst did it just die with Arthur? Does it actively have to be passed on like Hiro's mum did?

Like others I can't believe Nathans turnaround. Surely it won't be long before he also gets found out as having powers?

Well yeah, but it was the catalyst infused in the formula that gave the powers back [but you knew that!].

The catalyst did just seem to leave Arthur, so yeah I think it's just gone completely now.

I still don't understand the whole catalyst thing. Why did it exist/someone have it in the first place?

Ando's power = lame!

And yeah, would be good to see Nathan get found out; why don't the rest of the 'Heroes' just tell the government about him as they'll have nothing to loose! And if they don't believe them, just say run tests on him! But hey, that's WAY to logical for Heroes!

I suppose they could argue it off with the "if you're in charge you're allowed to break the rules" kind of thing. In fact if they were clever they'd make comparissons with Bush, Clinton and other presidents (and in fact, other leaders) who have bent the rules just because they can. But Heroes won't do that...probably.

In fact I'd imagine the president would already know.

Nathan could even lie and say "I know all these people have powers because I used to have them but then we developed a formula which removed them and I used it but then my brother emoed out and destoryed it all. Faster pussycat, kill kill!"

Ando's power is perfect for him. They gave him a power that allowed him to continue being an excellent support character. Ando doesn't have the attitude to become a separate hero or villain, and throughout the show his companionship has been great. For once they have thought about what power to give to a character before giving it them.

And @Ashely, AFAIK they aren't relating this to real life politicians since I'm not sure if they even exist in the Heroes world. I know the president is black but they're more or less doing that to feel like they're smart for picking the right colour.

IGN bring up alot of good points [many of which we've discussed ourselves] in their Volume 3 reveiw:

http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/940/940264p1.html

Some quotes...

- Pretty much every character this volume made completely ridiculous decisions that go against everything we've known about that character. Hiro opens his father's safe (leading to the stealing of the formula) and distrusts his best friend Ando for something he might do in the future, Suresh injects himself with an untested formula to gain powers, Sylar decides he loves Elle (the person who helped make him a monster) and then decides to kill her, Noah sets up with a high-powered rifle and decides to watch Sylar and Elle have sex instead of killing Sylar, Claire and Noah have the most unemotional reunion ever after she's been attacked by Sylar (and he's just stopping by to pick up some papers on escapees), and Nathan wanted to tell the world about his powers last season then decides to take on his father's project to give powers to everyone and then decides to convince the President that people with powers should be imprisoned. My brain hurts just thinking about all of this.

- What I'd love to see instead is actual, honest-to-goodness character development, where these people learn to live with their powers (instead of spending time giving everyone else powers or trying to take them away) and have some sort of logic in their decisions. Let Hiro grow up into the badass samurai-sword-wielding Future Hiro we got a glimpse of in season one, instead of making him ten years old (which he's never strayed too far from emotionally anyway). Have Nathan realize he's a self-hating man who's driven away his family (whatever happened to his wife and kids, anyway? They left when he became an alcoholic last season and now he doesn't even try to see them?).

- Speaking of Sylar, I also really used to think he and Nathan were cool characters, but man, what murky messes both have become. Sylar should never have been made a series regular – it was inevitable his impact would be diluted by doing so, and wow was his would be redemption storyline a misguided mess. As for Nathan, I liked that he was always a bit morally grey, but that doesn't mean he should have a completely different goal every two weeks.

- Suresh turning into a power hungry mad scientist? Hiro having apparently learned nothing about responsibility after the first two seasons and acting like a complete child to get the formula storyline started (before they made him act like an even bigger child)? These are not characters I have any investment in. The Hiro and Ando scenes of late have almost all been cringe-inducing. And seriously, what is the point of introducing Tracy? Was she at all a compelling character during Volume 3?

- Here is a show lazy enough to re-use a horrible future and a crisis that needs to be averted, and also to not even bother explaining that horrible future. What was that big exploding energy ball Hiro saw in the premiere? Why did Ando turn against him and demand the formula in the future? Nothing in the ensuing episodes explained that. Hell, what was Arthur Petrelli's plan? Okay, he wanted to give half the world super powers… But why? For what purpose? Jeez, tell me it was to rule the world. Tell me it was something, anything.

- I just know that I don't care about anyone on the show anymore. I don't know what to focus on. I don't even know what they want me to care about. It certainly wasn't that soldier that they injected with the superpower serum. Remember the way he ended that one episode with a display of his new strength. That's how they ended the show! It was supposed to be a dramatic moment in the story. And then on the next episode he lasted about three seconds before getting his neck broken!

- Remember how Adam was a giant character in "Volume II: Generations"? He was the main adversary bent on killing everyone with a plague! And remember the dark turn that Hiro took when he buried him alive for, what could have wound up being, all eternity? Of course you do. You remember it as well as you remember watching Adam get pointlessly un-buried for comic relief and then killed off for no reason. That whole moment makes any re-viewings of "Volume II" absolutely pointless.

- I've never watched a show where I've actually believed that the writers don't even know their own show "bible." Heroes managed to take great characters and made them horrid, and take weak characters and make them completely un-watchable. The show contradicts itself in every waking moment. I don't believe in anyone's relation to anyone else. I don't agree with anything they do. Einstein's theory of relativity has nothing to do with Daphne being able to run so fast she can time travel! The eclipse did not awaken their powers! Elle did not used to be a kind and sensitive operative for The Company!

Whereas most good shows are struggling to find an audience, Heroes had a large audience and wound up losing it.

- The disappointment started early with some ridiculous character choices and it continued with weak storytelling and… ridiculous character choices. Thinking about things now, I'm wondering: Why did we need the go to Africa? Why all the hype over Level 5? And, seriously, does this show even have the ability to tell a story that doesn't start with a glimpse of a future that must be stopped? A lot of people say that Heroes detractors should lighten up; that this series is just a fun, popcorn super hero show and we shouldn't take it so seriously. I've tried to enjoy it on that level, I really have. But the thing is, a fun, popcorn super hero show should have some great action sequences and cool effects and fun, unexpected twists and a hero I should root for and a villain I should love to hate. Season three of Heroes (so far) is missing all of that.

- Pushing Daisies had a broom fight a couple weeks ago between a pie maker and a living corpse that was more intense than any of the punches thrown by Sylar or Knox.

- Who are we watching this for? Am I supposed to relate to Hiro? Claire? Peter? But they're all so whiny. And who I am supposed to hate… besides the writers? Sylar was all over the map this season. Arthur Petrelli had an evil coolness to him, but never felt like a big threat. And now Nathan is the bad guy? Really? Isn't that really just a set up so he can redeem himself and save everybody (or at least his brother) from the clutches of the government?

^ I can answer at least on of the points brought up in there. Much in the same reason that they went to Ireland, they went to Africa because they wanted to show us that what is happening, with people and powers, etc, is not strictly confined to the USA. That's why we have Suresh and Hiro/Ando.

With everything else, though, they do make a good point. Who are we supposed to hate or sympathise with? The line between hero and villian has become so clouded that it's almost impossible to make up our minds on this. I could go on longer but I can't be arsed dragging on. All I'll say is that even with all of its problems I'm still enjoying it.

In a sense though, some characters having no distinct line between hero and villain takes a giant dump on the clichéd 'good and evil' characters from comic books. In reality most people are a mixture of both good and bad, and often their actions are determined by the situations they are confronted with.

That's not to say the article doesn't come up with some good points, but it does make some bad points too. For instance, asking for Hiro to become that battle-hardened samurai recluse is stupid because we all love Hiro for his jokey, Japanese-tourist moments (as well as his heroism). I don't think anyone else really wants him to become that serious pony-tailed guy from the future.

yeh because we'd lose out on moments such as the 'Pigeon, go get help' one. It'd just get too serious when Hiro offers a comedic value to the show.