N-Europe

Prince of Persia

Dan_Dare

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, I like it because!

They're going for a more fable like, fantasy setting in this one. They've said the feeling should be like Arabian Nights or similar. Therefore, the 'painted' look to the textures seems fittingly unreal and, importantly, open to use for truly otherly visual effects etc. additionally, the quasi super human antics of the prince would not lend themselves well to the more or less realistic style of assassins Creed, although i think it's safe to say we can expect an animation system to be borrowed from there, what with it being Montreal's last output.

Umm yer soo... POP looks good!

I agree with Dan: the surreal textures look to lend themselves well to the fantastical nature of the POP series.

Importing the animations and such would be a no-brainer. Can't wait to see how Assasins' physics play out in self-contained, specifically designed areas. We're getting spolit with our parkour at the moment eh?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

why? the combat looks amazing- beautiful, choreographed looking martial arts, epic music, genuinely challenging enemies.

think about it this way: what's the best fight in zelda history? dark link. Best enemies in Halo? Gold Elites.

Why? because they're equals. They're actually interesting, not cannon fodder.

I just don't like them much. Against crazily powered bosses it's fine, but otherwise I just don't find it that interesting.

think about it this way: what's the best fight in zelda history? dark link.

Awesome room, extremely dull fight.

I just don't like them much. Against crazily powered bosses it's fine, but otherwise I just don't find it that interesting.

I hate to use this card, but seeing as you haven't played the game I think it's a bit early to be passing judgement. The combat is designed around one-on-one fights, so frame it in that context; think along the lines of a simplified Soul Calibur as opposed to God of War.

Anyway, with this, Mirror's Edge and Tomb Raider Underworld all due this year, it seems like a good time to be a fan of acrobatic videogames.

• 2 months later...
1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!