NEurope
KingOfHyrule

Official Issues and Problems Thread

OK I want to use my Wii on my HDTV, so I guess I need a component cable.

Here.

They sent mine in less than 24 hours. I'm anxiously awaiting their arrival.:grin:

Got my official component cable today, can't say I've noticed a major difference in quality though. Text isn't blurry anymore but that all i noticed.

I have a problem (and yes, I'm too lazy to search so I'll just ask :p):

Today I went online with my Wii for the first time. No problems there at all. But after updating the Wii, the cursor on the screen was (and still is) very laggy. It hasn't been like this before.

Do you have any suggestions?

Check the batteries in the remote is all I can say.

Has anyone else tried to get to NoE customer services recently? The line is always engaged and I still need a replacement sensor bar.

If someone is low on money to buy a component cable, this site has a DIY solution. Basically it shows how to mod the composite cable to a component cable. And apparently it can be used to make a RGB cable with slight modifications.

It probably voids warranty though...

Right i bought the game component cable, every so often my screen goes black for about 2 seconds (which at a boss in zelda is pretty annoying) the sound is still there though.

I know it's not my TV as i actually thought the component was screwed so i exchanged it for the same one at Argos. The problem is still there though.

I'll try it in composite for abit to see if its the game component cable (bet ive lost the reciept)

Has anyone else tried to get to NoE customer services recently? The line is always engaged and I still need a replacement sensor bar.

You can use some candles in the meantime. Seriously. Two candles almost provides you with the same accuracy as the sensor bar would. The little flame acts as the input for the invisible IR lights that shine from the top of the Wii remote that we homosaphiens cannot see.

Finally got my official component cable today from Play-Asia. The difference is incredible, the image is so sharp! :shock:

I wish I had em' since day one, but in a way I'm also kind of glad I didn't as playing for so long with the composite cable has made the switch to component even more sweet.

I did but it didn't help. Even used new batteries...still laggy...

I haven't tried the controlls in a game though...if it's laggy there then it would be some serious crap-.-

I haven't tried the controlls in a game though...if it's laggy there then it would be some serious crap-.-

do you have any lights pointing directly or in the direction of the sensor bar?

It might be that, as there might be some interference with all the ir going around the place.

Anyone's elses Wii getting quite warm now? I've had it on wii-connect 24 stand-by mode since 8/12 and it's been fine but i'm slightly worried that it's not doing it any favours having it always on stand-by mode?

Anyone elses like this?

Anyone's elses Wii getting quite warm now? I've had it on wii-connect 24 stand-by mode since 8/12 and it's been fine but i'm slightly worried that it's not doing it any favours having it always on stand-by mode?

Anyone elses like this?

Holy Mother of God...that's a long time to have something in standby mode.:hmm:

I turn my Wii off when I go to bed. However, during the daytime, or when I know I'm going to be around, I put the Wii into standby mode. Just..seems to make more sense that way.

Mines always on standby, too. I noticed a while ago that it was getting warm but seeing as no one else was seeimg to worry about it, nor did I. Its designed though to be on Standby and Wii Connect24 isnt it? ...should be fine, shouldnt it? ... isnt gonna melt, is it?? :hmm:

do you have any lights pointing directly or in the direction of the sensor bar?

It might be that, as there might be some interference with all the ir going around the place.

There aren't any lights pointing unless you count a window to light-source xD But I wonder why this problem has only been there since I went online with my Wii. It hadn't been there before...

Does Link look fuzzy to any one else using component cables? Also his picture on the Collection screen is terrible for me. Anyone else get this?

My Wii is on standby during day because My PC power and that goes through the same plug and during the night it's off

Finally got my official component cable today from Play-Asia. The difference is incredible, the image is so sharp! :shock:

Woah! How many days did it take for them to reach your home? I've ordered mine on the 30th December and they have not arrived yet.

Woah! How many days did it take for them to reach your home?
Only 4 days with bog standard delivery!

That's the fastest I've ever got something from them too, as it usually takes around a week for stuff to arrive so I was really surprised when it showed up yesterday.

Hope yours turn up soon.

Here's a question...

If I choose to buy one of the rumoured coloured Wii's coming out this year sometime... would I be able to transfer saved game states + VC games + settings + miis to the new machine? There would have to be a way of doing it I suppose otherwise they wouldn't sell any new machines to people who already have a Wii!

Ironically I ordered mine on the 30th aswell and it got dispatched the same day but it hasn't arrived for me either. I should of waited and got it from the shops..

I aint bothering with Component Cables methinks. Will keep my order on Gameplay. They'll come when they come. But 50hz Composite looks so good, I aint really in a rush :)

The lag is caused by the wifi connection, 802.11g and bluetooth doesn't go well together.

Search for "Nintendo Wii wireless problem illustrates RF communications issues" to read about it.