NEurope
KingOfHyrule

Official Issues and Problems Thread

Radio 1 news has just reported that the Wii and Christmas (tree) lights don't mix!

If you put your lights too close to the Wii (though the sensor bar may be what they meant?) the Wii-mote goes crazy as it messes up the signal.

Just letting you know, as this may be a cause of any unexplained problems!

Now this is odd. I was just for fun trying the internet thing (we don't have a wireless connection or a wifi usb-thing) and I actually found a connection and I'm now updating my system, I don't get where it found one. :hmm:

Radio 1 news has just reported that the Wii and Christmas (tree) lights don't mix!

If you put your lights too close to the Wii (though the sensor bar may be what they meant?) the Wii-mote goes crazy as it messes up the signal.

Just letting you know, as this may be a cause of any unexplained problems!

It's the infa-red from the lights.

Now this is odd. I was just for fun trying the internet thing (we don't have a wireless connection or a wifi usb-thing) and I actually found a connection and I'm now updating my system, I don't get where it found one. :hmm:

Someone near has a wifi connection without security enabled. You're using their internet.

It's the infa-red from the lights.

Someone near has a wifi connection without security enabled. You're using their internet.

How can I delete these connections? Please help!

Serously can't anyone help me? I'm panicking, I want to get those weather channels away too!! I've already formatted the system twice!!

Sorry for double posting, but I WANT SOME HELP and I'm sure there's someone here who can help me!

Whoa no need to panic mate.. your just borowing someones internet connection ;)

and lets be hounest if someone is stupid enougth to have wireless internet without any security then its there own fault.

and lets be hounest if someone is stupid enougth to have wireless internet without any security then its there own fault.

Isn't it illegal? The forecast channels didn't disappear even though I formatted my system twice, and there's still the MAC addres or whatever. I feel like a thief now, I shouldn't ever have touched anything under the Internet-link in the Wii system information. :(

Im not sure if it's illegal when you havent done anything to get around any type of security... your just connecting to an open network.

Im not sure if it's illegal when you havent done anything to get around any type of security... your just connecting to an open network.

What do I have to do get the channels removed?

Im sure you cant remove the channels... like you said ... you have formatted your system twice and the weather channel is still there, so theres no way your getting rid of it. You can stop the wireless connection tho.. just go to "internet connection" in the Wii settings and find that connection and just change/cancel it... im not sure how because i cant be arsed to go look on mine.

Some people leave the security off because they believe that everyone should have free internet access, although it is most commonly down to ignorance.

What do I have to do get the channels removed?

Why do you want to remove them? It's hardly your fault and no one will prosecute you. I can guarentee it.

Some people leave the security off because they believe that everyone should have free internet access, although it is most commonly down to ignorance.

Why do you want to remove them? It's hardly your fault and no one will prosecute you. I can guarentee it.

So basically when it says that my Internet connection is none, it's not connected anywhere? I have it that way now, but the forecast- and shop channel are still there.

Sorry again, but I hope it isn't connected, I'm scared to death now. :(

Okay now please tell me everything I need to do to stop the wireless connection. I can't see anything that says that there's a connection on, it says "None" in the screen before you can chose to find an access point, and my Wiiconnect24 is off. I feel so bad about this.

I was looking on gameplay yseterday and they had component cables in stock, official ones. I dont know whether to get it..

So basically when it says that my Internet connection is none, it's not connected anywhere? I have it that way now, but the forecast- and shop channel are still there.

Sorry again, but I hope it isn't connected, I'm scared to death now. :(

Okay now please tell me everything I need to do to stop the wireless connection. I can't see anything that says that there's a connection on, it says "None" in the screen before you can chose to find an access point, and my Wiiconnect24 is off. I feel so bad about this.

Probably because the updates are all still there, don't worry you can't connect.

The reason they are still there is because they were pre-loaded onto the system.

Probably because the updates are all still there, don't worry you can't connect.

The reason they are still there is because they were pre-loaded onto the system.

The thing is that I don't want to connect because that access point is not mine, and I've been looking at my settings and everything, but to be sure so could someone put the things I need to do to remove this connection so I know I've done everything okay?

When we get an own wireless connection can I add it there with no problems?

The thing is that I don't want to connect because that access point is not mine, and I've been looking at my settings and everything, but to be sure so could someone put the things I need to do to remove this connection so I know I've done everything okay?

When we get an own wireless connection can I add it there with no problems?

I said it CAN'T connect, not you can. If you've formatted the memory and got rid of it from Internet Connection Settings, then all that should be left are all the Channels that the Wii came with, including FORECAST, WII SHOP and NEWS. The connection is gone, the channels remain because they were pre-built.

I said it CAN'T connect, not you can. If you've formatted the memory and got rid of it from Internet Connection Settings, then all that should be left are all the Channels that the Wii came with, including FORECAST, WII SHOP and NEWS. The connection is gone, the channels remain because they were pre-built.

Thank you, that's what i wanted to hear. Sorry I know I sound stupid with all these problems, but even though there's the Wiiconnect24 in the "Wii System Settings" (that is without the internet thing grey and unclickable) and the shop and weather channels, there's no connection to the "other access point" anymore and I'm not walking on the "illegal side" anymore? The other thing that worried me is the "Agreement/Contact" link that came there after the Internet-thing, which will be there from now on whether I format the system or not?

This will be my last post in this thread about this problem, sorry for this.

Sorry if this has been discussed.

Anyone else ever have a problem where their Wii-mote stops responding? Occassionally my Wii-mote won't turn on, the lights flash briefly then go off, and it doesn't work. I have to unplug the Wii and other various processes and keep trying, and eventually it starts working again. Bit worrying. Gonna wait til I get a second remote so I can see if its the Wii or the 'mote.

Sorry if this has been discussed.

Anyone else ever have a problem where their Wii-mote stops responding? Occassionally my Wii-mote won't turn on, the lights flash briefly then go off, and it doesn't work. I have to unplug the Wii and other various processes and keep trying, and eventually it starts working again. Bit worrying. Gonna wait til I get a second remote so I can see if its the Wii or the 'mote.

Yes this happens to me and a few others have mentioned it aswell so dont worry. It dont happen that often to me but it is a little fustrating when it does.

Alright, I've read the thread and I'm still a little bit baffled. I have a normal 16:9 ratio widescreen TV [non-HD], with SCART input and Video/Audio/Audio ports. If I want the best picture from my Wii, which cable should I pick up?

Alright, I've read the thread and I'm still a little bit baffled. I have a normal 16:9 ratio widescreen TV [non-HD], with SCART input and Video/Audio/Audio ports. If I want the best picture from my Wii, which cable should I pick up?

RBG is your best option

http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/productpage.asp?productcode=NW0056&title=nintendo_wii_rgb_cable

They have some in stock aswell as Game... but you might find it cheaper either in stores or on other sites.

ok so if i have a hd ready tv but no component inputs i can't get the best picture quality right? And how big a difference is it between rgb and component?

Well still no component cable for me... :weep:

But I couldn't delay getting into Zelda any longer so I'll just have to put up with it for now. Plus it doesn't really look that bad on my TV, (26" Panny LCD) in fact the most annoying thing is probably dot crawl on the text.

Oh well hopefully I'll get em' for the second run through.

And how big a difference is it between rgb and component?
As far as I'm aware it's just the ability to use progressive scan that differentiates them, not 100% sure though. ::shrug:

wow, i was shocked when i randomly saw a Wii RGB Cable in HMV yesterday, so i grabbed it :D