NEurope
KingOfHyrule

Official Issues and Problems Thread

Thats actually incorrect. RGB Scart cables are out this Friday. Component cables are out the week after (22nd Dec)

According to GAME Online they say this Friday (15th) and they emailed to remind me a week ago :D

I have a simillar problem, I cnt get the 2nd remote to join in for a multiplayer game of Red Steel or Rayman. Y is this? Works fine for Wii Play and Sports in multiplayer.

After all this talkof shockingly bad composite, i've had no problems on my 28" CRT!! Same as on my Cube!! But I still want RGB's just to see a difference!

According to GAME Online they say this Friday (15th) and they emailed to remind me a week ago :D

Lets hope they are correct. Because the likes of Zelda SHOULD NOT be played with a composite connection.

I still say import a component cable though - at least that way you can be sure.

Well HMV and Virgin also have friday the 15th as there componant day also!
Hmm... What's up with Gameplay saying "over 14 days", surely they'd be getting some on Friday too then?

I hope so anyway.

Wii Sports / Play look alright, but I'm finding it difficult to play Zelda via composite. :hmm:

I cant seem to hold a connection for my wii and my WIFI dongle.

When I turn it on it cant hold a connection, the dongle is about 3 feet away from the Wii. I'm gonna move some things around, there might be something electronic blocking the signal ors omething, should be though...

Hey, I was just looking at the back of my TV and there are three Component Inputs, Y, Pb and Pr, but I've seen pictures of the component cable and from what I remember there are more than three cables.

This make sense to anyone?

Hey, I was just looking at the back of my TV and there are three Component Inputs, Y, Pb and Pr, but I've seen pictures of the component cable and from what I remember there are more than three cables.

This make sense to anyone?

Red Green Blue, and Red and White.

First 3 are for video, 2nd two are audio.

Red Green Blue, and Red and White.

First 3 are for video, 2nd two are audio.

I thought the last two would be for audio. So what do I do for sound since I only have the 3 video inputs? I'm guessing maybe the audio would go into the Composite since it's Red and White?

I thought the last two would be for audio. So what do I do for sound since I only have the 3 video inputs? I'm guessing maybe the audio would go into the Composite since it's Red and White?

That's quite strange, is there not audio red and white sockets beside the component sockets? Plugging them into the composite block means your audio and video would be on different channels on the TV - double check that there could be designated sockets for audio along with component video.

DSCF0013.jpg

DSCF0012.jpg

Here's some pictures, as you can see there are three Composite inputs (which my Wii is plugged into) and right infront of them are three Component inputs, and there's a little guide on the back casing of the TV which labels these as Y, Pb and Pr.

The TV is a JVC LT-26A61SJ

I was looking at the back of my 42" Sanyo TV and was surprised to find component inputs. As I was about to lift my head out of the small space behind the TV, I saw a sticker that read "Samsung <TV name> Model XXXX HDTV"

Weird, I didn't know that my flatscreen TV had HD until now. It didn't even mention the specs on the box.

Also, why does Zelda look bad in component?

Also, why does Zelda look bad in component?

No anti-alias, and blurry, heavily compressed textures that are result of game being transferred directly from Gamecube. Plus some HD-TVs do scale 480p way better than others.

i was just wondering in what sort of a connecter would the japanese wii d terminal cable go into as i was looking at the 19 inch samsung and it doesnt have component but d terminal is supposed to be as good

i was just wondering in what sort of a connecter would the japanese wii d terminal cable go into as i was looking at the 19 inch samsung and it doesnt have component but d terminal is supposed to be as good

D-Terminal is Japan only type of interface.

anybody worked out any component cable and vga box combos that work?!

also as a backup gonna get a s-video cable for now, atleast its a bit better than the composite.

damn my scart socket not working!

Ok guys I have stickied this thread for the moment as there are a few threads starting to pop up in regards to problems with your Wiis. So please try to post any problems you have in here.

I'm getting my RGB scart cable from GAME tomorrow!!! I hope it looks better, otherwise I'm suing every body on this thread!!! :P

soooo just to make sure, i have the error code 32002 coming up on my wii when i try to connect through the wifi dongle thing-i'm going to try again through my router some more but is it really the code of death?

Is the RGB cable worth the roughly £18 it would cost me with discount?

Can someone tell me if there is a proper was to switch the Wiimote off because I swear I'm losing battery even though I'm not playing!?