NEurope
KingOfHyrule

Official Issues and Problems Thread

My Wii just "black-screened" on me when I went back to the main menu after being on Mii channel. It just seemed to be forever loading, but didnt appear to be loading anything.

It's done this a few times.

normally happens when data is being sent and you exit at that very moment. Eg a new Mii, Wiiconnect 24, message...

normally happens when data is being sent and you exit at that very moment. Eg a new Mii, Wiiconnect 24, message...

Ahh, in that case, that would be it! :)

Nice one.

Another 'issue' I have is with the Wii Shop.

Its music is INFECTIOUS. I simply cannot get it out of my head. I whistle it in the shower, I hear it as I wake it... its always there...

...yet ive not yet spent any of the 1000 Wii points I have bought on my creditcard.

The amount of times ive posted this - I should be paid commission!

Anyway..

http://www.goldenshop.com.hk/AI-trad/wii/index.html

in stock too.

The link I provided are for the Official Japanese ones, imported from Hong Kong. Thats what I bought and had delivered within 2 days with EMS Speedpost, simply because I could not wait for the UK ones to be released. The japanese ones work fine in 480p 60hz and I have never had to have witnessed my Wii in dreadful composite.

My girlfriend's cat chewed the sensor bar cable -what is an efficient cheap alternative to two candles while I wait a few weeks for a replacement?

In Wii Bowling the ball spirals off to the left, I'm sure I heard about others having this problem - any ideas why it happens?

Thanks

In Wii Bowling the ball spirals off to the left, I'm sure I heard about others having this problem - any ideas why it happens?

Thanks

It happens to my mate when he bowls. I think it's just the way you're bowling, to be honest.

When you follow through, does your arm steer left? If so, stop it!

Although, you could just move your character to the right a bit, to compensate for the left-ness.

Wii bowling is really strange, i've tried twisting my wrists in different direction, does nothing to the spin. It seems it only decides the spin by which side you bowl from and when you release the ball. Thats how I twist the ball.

The CD drive is really loud randomly for some games, when I put my hand on the top of my Wii, I can feel the rumbling. Any one else experienced this?

Hmm, right. I've managed to access my wireless connection floating through the house, and have managed to download the two system updates it wanted me to do, albeit it did take quite a while. Still, whenever I try to access the Wii Store it tells me to sign this agreement so I can access it and Connect24, but as soon as it tries to establish a connection for that, it tells me the service is unavailable.

Any idea where the problem is from? My first suspicions were the country, seeing as Hungary as always been rather behind on these things, but surely with it being purely internet I should be able to access all them features anyway? Is it a console problem? Or is it just my internet?

Cheers in advance for any help.

Anyone, at all?

Or..

hlep plxplxplz :(

Another 'issue' I have is with the Wii Shop.

Its music is INFECTIOUS. I simply cannot get it out of my head. I whistle it in the shower, I hear it as I wake it... its always there...

Haha, I know exactly what you mean. I can't get the damn thing outta my head either!

Wii bowling is really strange, i've tried twisting my wrists in different direction, does nothing to the spin. It seems it only decides the spin by which side you bowl from and when you release the ball. Thats how I twist the ball.

http://n-europe.com/forum/showpost.php?p=303774&postcount=82

I promise you all that this is not an issue. No offense but you're just not great bowlers. To bowl a ball perfectly straight is a hard thing to do and it is difficult to lose the natural twist you put on a ball but it can definitely be done. I used to be in a professional junior bowling league and I can get a straight line on Wii sports almost every time if I try. (Although I prefer spinning it anyway, helps to prevent evil splits)

My Wii wants me to update it again, the code is 41313 but I can't find any info on it.

I've already done two updates, (thought that was all of them right now :hmm: ) one for parental controls / shopping channel and one for the SD card features.

Did anyone have to update 3 times? :wtf:

Hello,

I was playing the Pal version of Zelda Twilight Princess, and i reached the "Cannon Glitch" (it's a place with a big cannon in it) and i saved here. And no chance for me, i can't continue my game now, because of a glitch in this place (i didn't know that would happen, i just read that this glitch exist on gamefaqs, after i saved and realized i was screwed... )

So now, i would need a game save, a little before or after the cannon glitch (6-7 dungeon... even if it's after, im taking too)

So if you can send me a Pal save game at this point, just upload it on rapidshare.de in a .rar file, or even take my MSN: [email protected]

And NEVER save your game in the cannon room!

Thanks!

http://n-europe.com/forum/showpost.php?p=303774&postcount=82

I promise you all that this is not an issue. No offense but you're just not great bowlers. To bowl a ball perfectly straight is a hard thing to do and it is difficult to lose the natural twist you put on a ball but it can definitely be done. I used to be in a professional junior bowling league and I can get a straight line on Wii sports almost every time if I try. (Although I prefer spinning it anyway, helps to prevent evil splits)

I have fun on bowling as I like to when going for 1 pin on the far left, number 10, instead of trying to go straight its really easy to just spin the wiimote to the left as you thorw it and it will spin all the way to the edge where the pin is, when bowling from the centre.

I just always use my spin to help me. Sure its not great sometimes, like when it leaves 1 pin left ...:(:angry::weep: ..but its cool. Trying to throw a perfectly straight blal will become a task of mine in the future.

Im encountering sound distortion in the mii channel music and the photo channel music and the disc channel music (eg the wiisports jingle).

My Wii is connected to a 5.1 system.

The sound crackles slightly and disorts as if im blasting it too high for the speakers to take.. yet im not.

By the way - if anyone wants official component cables:

http://www.goldenshop.com.hk/AI-trad/wii/index.html

in stock too.

Will US component cables work on a PAL console???

I was getting annoyed then, as all the settings for my wii for online connection are turned on and I checked the ninty wifi dongle thing and it didnt say it was connected.

Then i turned it on, and it changed. Then turned it back off it was still connected, then I checked now and it had turned off so the man wasnt running. Now a little popup saying a user is connected........

WTF is going on!!!! I'm getting annoyed, I just wasted some time uninstalling the dongle and reinstalling the latest software. then it doesnt work sometimes but sometimes it does!

....im getting annoyed now. I just checked again and no-one is conneted to the dongle...I am angry.

My controllers both just disconnected.... couldnt get them to work or re-sync so i had to pull out the power cable and switch it back on and they worked fine.

Searched google and it seems this has happened to a few people.....hmmmm hopefully a one off.

Will US component cables work on a PAL console???

of course they will. cables are cables. Mine work fine, and I ordered them from goldenshop.hk

Does anyone know what a good distance is to have the chrostmas tree from the sensor bar cos I heard they interfear!?

Im encountering sound distortion in the mii channel music and the photo channel music and the disc channel music (eg the wiisports jingle).

My Wii is connected to a 5.1 system.

The sound crackles slightly and disorts as if im blasting it too high for the speakers to take.. yet im not.

Does the Wii support 5.1?

My controller last night randomly lost its connection the Wii, I had to resync it and everything...

Yeah, I turned a second controller on and both my remotes went mental. They were just flashing all the lights. Had to turn off my Wii, then I couldn't get past the "Press A" screen cos none of my controllers worked. Unplugged the system, took the batteries out the remote, pressed the sync buttons for a while, eventually it started working again.

Component cables are out this Friday I don't know how many will be available though.

Thats actually incorrect. RGB Scart cables are out this Friday. Component cables are out the week after (22nd Dec)

Does the Wii support 5.1?

My controller last night randomly lost its connection the Wii, I had to resync it and everything...

No the Wii does not support 5.1, but it support Dolby Pro Logic II surround sound. In order to output in Pro Logic II , the Wii has to be connected to my surround sound system/reciever.

I have heard that other people have had the audio distortion problem also..

Mm. The Wii motes seem to occasionally lose their connection to the system in certain cases. Best thing to do is just turn the machine off and on again, first on the machine, then at the wall socket.

I have a strange glitch, but isn't really bothering me...

Everytime I try and properly sync a second controller it does it all fine, comes up with the two light shining on the remote, but the first one stops working,once i reset it works fine tho, but the second controller doesn't work still, so just have to one time sync everytime.