NEurope
KingOfHyrule

Official Issues and Problems Thread

just a little side ntoe i just found out im not sure if peopel know.

Nintendo has already fixed the problem of the wrist straps for us Europeans I think. I was having a cafufle of working out which is the remote I got with the Wii as that is number 1 and thats my remote. So I check the batteries. But before that, I was trying to put them both through that clip n the nunchuk. I realised that one was harder to get on/off than the other.

dsc00230ol5.jpg

The one on the right is the one I got with the Wii.

It seems they sorted it for us?

Widescreen Issue, Right so my wii is set to widescreen as it my tv but my tv stikll cuts off some of the pic has anyone else got this/found a solution?

Grr, went to play Wii Play with my girlfriend last night and it had a seizure again, sounded like a jump jet taking off then gave me an error. Reset, took the disc out and put it in again and then it worked. But I'm definitely shipping it back to Nintendo once the shortage has calmed down. Will I have to box up everything (remote, cables, Wii sports etc) or just send the console? And how can I back up all my saves and Miis?

picap3.th.jpg

?!?! It's 2 inches away.

ps thats not pip., thats just a pic put onto a printscreen. It does look like a pip though..

I bought one of those today, definitely a good buy in my opinion. Works in 480p and looks amazing, but even when playing Gamecube games in 480i it's a definite improvement in colour and quality.

EDIT: And incase anyone was wondering, turns out you do actually plug the audio cables into the Composite audio-in on my TV, seems odd but it works fine, just a shame I can't plug anything Composite in now.

I was going to ask about the quality of these cables, a women showed them to me today in Game. Think i may go back and pick some up tomorrow. Thanks :)

I was going to ask about the quality of these cables, a women showed them to me today in Game. Think i may go back and pick some up tomorrow. Thanks :)

Ah but are they as good as the official job? That's what I'd like to know!

My screen went black as well, but it happened when I entered a channel (e.g. started LoZ:TP, Mii channel). It stayed black until I pulled the plug out and restarted. The problem remained though when I entered a channel again.

I solved it with the help of this link: http://www.wiierror.com/wii-black-screen.php. However, today it occured again.

Do you think this is also because of data being transferred? Or is my Wii broken? :weep:

EDIT:

Tried playing my Wii again, and I'm having the same problem. There was noting wrong with it when I just got it, this problem started appearing yesterday.

A little update on my problem. Since I've turned my Wii into an upright position, I haven't encoutered the black screen problem yet. I have no idea whether this is purely coincidental or not, but I will post here if it happens again.

EDIT:

Got the black screen again. Can anyone tell me how Nintendo's replacement policy works? Do they send you a new console after you send your old one (thus having to wait weeks before being able to play) or can you send your old one back after you receive a new one?

EDIT 2:

It seems to be permanently broken now. When I start up Zelda it either gets stuck on the Wii remote/strap screen or the screen just turns black. :(

You make a good point, although i have only ever used composite so i wouldn't really know which is the bestest of the best.

They are as good as the one's i built my self using Gold plated connectors.

I would just like to say thank you to the Royal Mail who have most likey stolen my Wii component cable as it was sent first class last thursday and it still isnt here... mind you i cant count saturday because they didnt bother delivering any letters in our street!

*EDIT* Finaly! its here... no more blury Zelda! *EDIT*

I'm starting to worry now, I don't know whether to wait until the 22nd and risk it not being in-store to get the official component cables OR to buy the mad cat ones for £18

HELP! Anyone have the mad cat ones and how do they compare?

My RGB cable is set to go if I wasn't totally out of money at the moment :sad:

Yes I can't even afford 30 euros for the RGB...

I went into GAME on Saturday and saw a nice RGB cable sitting there on the shelf. But i had no money. I get paid today, and it's not there. Or anywhere else. Crud.

My RGB cable is set to go if I wasn't totally out of money at the moment :sad:

Yes I can't even afford 30 euros for the RGB...

That said... 30€ is very expensive, the same price as a component one without audio out's or progressive scan capabilities.

Anyone knows when there'll be third party RGB's out there?

The pinouts for these are out:

I've just cracked open my official PAL RGB SCART cable. Here's a pic of the SCART end and the wiring details.

wiirgbscartvs9.jpg

wiirgbwiringfixed3rp9.gif

Source: http://nfggames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2363&st=320

I'm starting to worry now, I don't know whether to wait until the 22nd and risk it not being in-store to get the official component cables OR to buy the mad cat ones for £18

HELP! Anyone have the mad cat ones and how do they compare?

Argh, I rang GAME Online and they said it's most likely that they won't be delivered for Christmas - that's that out the windy. It'll probably be after the New Year. :cry:

Bonk is great and runs in lovely full screen, full speed and 60hz :)

The later games in the series are better though.

Argh, I rang GAME Online and they said it's most likely that they won't be delivered for Christmas - that's that out the windy. It'll probably be after the New Year. :cry:

Damn it, i've been searching every shop for them and no luck :( I want to play zelda god damn it!! And i can't with a composite connection on an hdtv.

i'm trying to figure out...how the hell do component cables connect to your tv?

The cable that plugs into the wii has 5 coloured endings on it (3 for the picture and 2 for the sound)

Blue - picture

Red - picture

Green - picture

Red - sound

White - sound

Those plug into the matching coloured imputs on your tv. (The red and white audio ones may need to use the composite) If your Tv doesnt have the red green and blue then you don't have component = could get RGB cable.