NEurope
KingOfHyrule

Official Issues and Problems Thread

Hmm, right. I've managed to access my wireless connection floating through the house, and have managed to download the two system updates it wanted me to do, albeit it did take quite a while. Still, whenever I try to access the Wii Store it tells me to sign this agreement so I can access it and Connect24, but as soon as it tries to establish a connection for that, it tells me the service is unavailable.

Any idea where the problem is from? My first suspicions were the country, seeing as Hungary as always been rather behind on these things, but surely with it being purely internet I should be able to access all them features anyway? Is it a console problem? Or is it just my internet?

Cheers in advance for any help.

Does anybody have comparison pictures of Wii games on their own TV? Can't wait :bouncy:

Anyone else experienced a system crash when exiting Call of Duty 3?

I normally just exit a game with the Home button either at the main screen or just during the game. So far it happend twice while exiting COD3 that the Wii was still on (green light) and the screen went black one time and green one time. Controller doesn't work, power button/reset neither. I have to unplug the power cord.

My wii has zero problems or issues *gloat*.

Some TVs go all grey when they're in 60hz and connected with composite. Nothing is wrong with your wii, just your TV.

This might have been answered already, so sorry if there's already an answer out there.

My parents are getting a new TV for the living room, so I'm getting the one that's already in there. It's a 26" LCD TV by JVC and it doesn't have a gaming mode, and I was just wondering why people seem to not like LCDs for gaming? Will whatever problems there could be be solved by using Component Cables and 480p or will there still be some problems?

Thanks

This might have been answered already, so sorry if there's already an answer out there.

My parents are getting a new TV for the living room, so I'm getting the one that's already in there. It's a 26" LCD TV by JVC and it doesn't have a gaming mode, and I was just wondering why people seem to not like LCDs for gaming? Will whatever problems there could be be solved by using Component Cables and 480p or will there still be some problems?

Thanks

I think the problem with LCDs for gaming are that they make it look really blocky (through composite anyway), i tried it on my bros lcd and it looked pretty shoddy. Component does make it look alot smoother and sharper.

My wii has zero problems or issues *gloat*.

Some TVs go all grey when they're in 60hz and connected with composite. Nothing is wrong with your wii, just your TV.

that's nice to hear, seeing as i plan to play on yours one day soon.

As far as I'm aware you cannot connect it using any sort of USB cable, must use the USB to ethernet adapter and an ethernet cable.

Second, can't you just access the router from a wired computer and get the passkey?

No idea about all the cables things Im not great with computers....

Any ideas how Id get the passkey from my computer then?

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Right got the key, but it wont let me connect as there is already another "system" using the adress

WAIT A MINUTE ITS WORKING NOW!!!

ITS UPDATING..............

SCORE!!!!!!!!!!

:D

I can connect to the internet using my ds wi-fi dongle, but i wanna use my router. Everytime I try and connect it says 'Error Code: 51330'... Erm HELP plz!

Exactly the same problem as me. Change your router settings to Mixed if it's on G or B-only. And change the transmission and Basic rates to 2MB and 1-2MBPS respectively. I also set it to MAC filtering, and got my Wiis MAC code and allowed it.

I am trying to email my Wii from my GMail account. I have the address when I added my GMail on my WiiAdressBook and got a msg from my Wii with its address. I send emails from my GMail to my Wii, but I never get them! Why? :-/

It sometimes takes a while for messages to get to you. Give it time.

I've left it over a day at least. Still no signs of it showing up. where exactly should it be? with that message board thing right? :wtf::blank:

Exactly the same problem as me. Change your router settings to Mixed if it's on G or B-only. And change the transmission and Basic rates to 2MB and 1-2MBPS respectively. I also set it to MAC filtering, and got my Wiis MAC code and allowed it.

Lol i might sound dumb right about now, but how do i do that?

Check your instructions or use the Wi-Fi site and select your router model.

Mine had an IP address that I had to type into the address bar to access the router settings.

I've left it over a day at least. Still no signs of it showing up. where exactly should it be? with that message board thing right? :wtf::blank:

Ya it should be there. Is the email right, and have you responded to the first one saying 'respond if you know the owner of this console'.

Ya it should be there. Is the email right, and have you responded to the first one saying 'respond if you know the owner of this console'.

Yup, done all that.. I just don't get it, why won't i recieve it? Surely it doesn't take more than two days.!? :angry:

Thanks for the help though..

This is very frightening information. I assume your GameCube pad is plugged in and (if it's a Wavebird) is turned on and working fine? And is in the Player One slot (the one nearest the Wii's front)?

Check the Wii Settings if it is, as there may be an option to enable GC pads for VC use.

If there isn't, then you may have to email or call Nintendo Customer Support and get back to us with their reply. I could just imagine Nintendo blocking PAL Wiis from using the Freeloader and then stopping us from using GameCube pads for the VC, instead forcing to buy another over-priced bit of hardware.

Hmm i managed to get the problem sorted, although i dont know what happened - it just started working!

Possible problem was i plugged the gamecube pad in AFTER i had booted the Wii up?

Anyways, i have downloaded Super Mario 64 on virtual console, and am playing it happily with gamecube pad...........! YAY!

Im not sure if my gamestation have them in, the cases of them were on display along with the wiimotes. They had the wimotes in stock but i didnt ask about the cables... *Runs off to Gamestation to buy component cables*

I saw those cables but they wouldn't sell it to me as I didn't pre-order there.

My Wii was crashing loads when I was on it just now. Strange. It was usually come back to the main menu after being on Miis when it occured.

Just had the exact same problem. No idea why.

Im encountering sound distortion in the mii channel music and the photo channel music and the disc channel music (eg the wiisports jingle).

My Wii is connected to a 5.1 system.

The sound crackles slightly and disorts as if im blasting it too high for the speakers to take.. yet im not.

By the way - if anyone wants official component cables:

http://www.goldenshop.com.hk/AI-trad/wii/index.html

in stock too.

Hasn't given me disc errors, but sometimes still makes horrible sounds and music in monkey ball sometimes skips when loading a level or boss.

Gonna persevere with it and hope it sorts itself out, don't want to be left with no Wii at all if I send it back to Argos.

Ok, so now i'm having another problem! my Wii's connected to the internet and all that, it can update etc... But, anytime i try and go to the shopping channel it says 'Unable to connect - Error Code: 209600' :hmm:

My Wii just "black-screened" on me when I went back to the main menu after being on Mii channel. It just seemed to be forever loading, but didnt appear to be loading anything.

It's done this a few times.