NEurope
KingOfHyrule

Official Issues and Problems Thread

I'm having a slight problem with my Wii at the moment. For some reason, a lot of electricity is being pumped through the USB ports, and if I ever accidently touch them, they always give me a nasty shock. Does this happen to anyone else?

:shock: What? Wii works at 12 Volts or 9 Volts, how can you feel such lower voltage? Are you sure you're not putting your fingers on the wall socket at the same time?:heh:

Does this happen to anyone else?

Nope, I get just enough power to charge up my SE Phone using them.

:shock: What? Wii works at 12 Volts or 9 Volts, how can you feel such lower voltage? Are you sure you're not putting your fingers on the wall socket at the same time?:heh:

No, I get a small shock. For example, I tried to charge my 2G iPod Shuffle on it a while back, everything was hunky dory, intil I when to unplug the iPod Shuffle, and since it's got an aluminium skin, it gave me a small shock.

noob needs some help

Right so I just got my router today (a compatible netgear) and i get it all connected up and start updating my wii. Updates fine

Then when i go to agree the internet terms It comes up;

'Unable to connect to internet. Error 52730.'

Any help? :weep:

No, I get a small shock. For example, I tried to charge my 2G iPod Shuffle on it a while back, everything was hunky dory, intil I when to unplug the iPod Shuffle, and since it's got an aluminium skin, it gave me a small shock.

Yeah my old pc usb and ps2 composite used to do that as well, the small voltage coming out of it feels as if a small needle just poked you.

noob needs some help

Right so I just got my router today (a compatible netgear) and i get it all connected up and start updating my wii. Updates fine

Then when i go to agree the internet terms It comes up;

'Unable to connect to internet. Error 52730.'

Any help? :weep:

Have you tried it twice at least?

Yeah my old pc usb and ps2 composite used to do that as well, the small voltage coming out of it feels as if a small needle just poked you.

Strange, never happened to me.:hmm:

I have my Wii connected to my small Bedroom TV via the cable it came with using a 3-Phono to SCART Adaptor I was thinking of changing for an offical RGB Cable. But I wondering what sort of different would it make if any and is it worth forking out the £20 for one?

Just wanted to check before I order.

Will this (Link Below) work for getting my Wii online through a wired connection?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Usb-to-lan-RJ45/dp/B000CCZP88/sr=1-24/qid=1171365634/ref=sr_1_24/202-2083675-3388646?ie=UTF8&s=electronics

Nope sorry mate, what you need is this... http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-10v-49-en-70-1slw.html

or this

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-10u-77-1-49-en-15-wii%2Blan-70-1mwk.html

very odd problem started today, my Wii has crashed 3 times today, twice when playing Wii Sports and once when playing Mario Kart 64. Havn't moved it at all, havn't covered any vents up it just seems to have taken to crashing by freezing and making a dull humming/buzzing noise....

EDIT:

problems worsening has crashed 4 times today, once on wii menu, 3 times on excite truck.

Does anyone else think it takes quite a long time to open channels etc? Like stays on the black screen for quite a long time? Not sure if it's just my Wii playing up again.

EDIT: For example, it takes about 30 seconds of black screen to open the Everybody Votes channel. Is it the same for everyone else?

Does anyone else think it takes quite a long time to open channels etc? Like stays on the black screen for quite a long time? Not sure if it's just my Wii playing up again.

EDIT: For example, it takes about 30 seconds of black screen to open the Everybody Votes channel. Is it the same for everyone else?

That should not happen at all. It happened to me once or twice and it really took 30 or more seconds. But 99% of the time it should only take 5 seconds or less. I say take it back to Nintendo.

Guess I really should bite the bullet and send it back, given me nothing but trouble since release day :(

Quick question regarding the channels on the Wii. Is it possible to organise them as I want the voting channel next to the news and weather ones without having to delete my VC games as I have saves on some of them ( Mario World and Mario Kart ).

Thanks

Quick question regarding the channels on the Wii. Is it possible to organise them as I want the voting channel next to the news and weather ones without having to delete my VC games as I have saves on some of them ( Mario World and Mario Kart ).

Hold A and B, then drag to relevant place.

You can only move them to an empty space though, I spent ages once trying to figure out how I'd moved it the first time and couldn't do it again and thought it was due to a system update, I'm an idiot.

Does anyone know if it is at all possible to get out of a gc game without actually turning off the wii and turning it back on again? I can't seem to find a way to do so, and if it's not possible, then Nintendo are idiots.

You can only move them to an empty space though, I spent ages once trying to figure out how I'd moved it the first time and couldn't do it again and thought it was due to a system update, I'm an idiot.

Does anyone know if it is at all possible to get out of a gc game without actually turning off the wii and turning it back on again? I can't seem to find a way to do so, and if it's not possible, then Nintendo are idiots.

Can you not push the Home button and click on "Wii menu"? i would have thought you could.. but i cant be arsed to go test my theory.

Can you not push the Home button and click on "Wii menu"? i would have thought you could.. but i cant be arsed to go test my theory.

Nope, I tried it but the wiimote wasn't registering and responding(like lighting up 1 led to show it registered), neither was. The lights flashed, but it didn't register or anything. I tried pressing reset, resets the gc game, I tried holding reset, evnetually it resets the gc game. I try pressing the power button, it just turns the wii off. I can't seem to get it to work at all!

For VC games, you can press home. For GameCube, the console basically launches the GC firmware it has installed which doesnt include any Home menu support. So no, you can't, because the games were made with the support for that button.

How do i disable Zonalarm to get my LAN adapter working?

It should be an option in the ZoneAlarm menu. Check their website.