N-Europe

earthquake

Haver

BBC news 24 says it was "4.7 on the richter scale" and as we thought, began in Hull.

i would just like to note that i reported those details to the forum a whole 4 minutes before the BBC. Clearly the BBC needs me on their news team!

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Me also very jealous, as the numerous posts in this thread even though I didn't feel it at all would suggest.

And yeah, I find it very very cool that we are talking about it before its on the news! I also am on msn to my friends across the country, and as I was talking about it I got a sense of just how much the internet can bring people together and help them share stuff like this. It was an internet based vision, and it told me: the internet fucking rocks. Thank you for listening.

I'm going to give up waiting for aftershocks and go to bed. I have exchanged excited texts with all my Geological friends, so there is nothing more for me to do now.

Man, I want to be in another quake that felt amazing!

i felt it!! jamba and i were on the phone ~ we both felt it n' he lives miiiiles away~

*resists temptation to make "earth moving" joke* :blank:

it's like preparation for *proper* earthquakes in tokyo :grin:

The place has a lot of historical buildings (And road crossing ducks).

May have caused some structural damage imho.

Im surprised it was felt as far as it was.

At first I thought it may have been mining subsidence in the local area, then I got a text from my other half 40 miles away in Leeds saying it had woke everyone in their house.

Oh well, I experienced floods last year, earthquake tonight and the end of HD DVD last week....Armageddon is approaching.:heh: