N-Europe

Films you caught later.

Dan_Dare

this one is for the movies you just never got around to seeing, then got on dvd.

for me, I just caught up with Collatteral. dunno how many of you have seen it but I was quite impressed. Michael Mann has a real talent for good camera work, especially with confusing yet exciting action scenes- in particular the fight in the nightclub later in the film.

Tom Cruise was good in his part. casting him as a hitman was interesting to see as he's usually in the role of a charming lover boy or something- here he still has a charm but he uses it to a good effect of thinly veiled willingness to kill everyone in his way. a good peformance methinks.

anyway, whats your films?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this one is for the movies you just never got around to seeing, then got on dvd.

for me, I just caught up with Collatteral. dunno how many of you have seen it but I was quite impressed. Michael Mann has a real talent for good camera work, especially with confusing yet exciting action scenes- in particular the fight in the nightclub later in the film.

Tom Cruise was good in his part. casting him as a hitman was interesting to see as he's usually in the role of a charming lover boy or something- here he still has a charm but he uses it to a good effect of thinly veiled willingness to kill everyone in his way. a good peformance methinks.

anyway, whats your films?

If you like Michael Mann, check Heat. Great film, and is pretty cheap now on DVD.

The Usual Suspects. Never seen it before, but gotit on DVD the other day anyway, and by jove, it's a fantastic flick

"How can you shoot the devil in the back? What if you miss?"

Donnie Darko and Goodfellas aswell. Heard good things about them, so I thought I'd pick them up. They were pretty good, also.

The Usual Suspects. Never seen it before, but gotit on DVD the other day anyway, and by jove, it's a fantastic flick

"How can you shoot the devil in the back? What if you miss?"

Awesome film. Such a great ending if you haven't seen it before. Spacey is awesome throughout.

Also, Titanic. Lame-ish film yeah. But it would be cool to watch in widescreen at the cinema.

I also missed Spiderman :(

It's no film, but it dam well feels like one, I have just started series 1 of 24.

Feel the power of Bauer.

all the time.

well, since i started the thread in my infinate wisdom, i have since watched 28 days later. I think this got mixed reviews but i liked it. camera work was awesome throughout- it's purposefully jared editing using low res digital cameras. the effect was excellent as it really captured the paranoia effect of the film as a whole.

I dunno if it's supposed to be scary though. lots of it was tense but i never found myself scared. I think they used the 'infected eye view' too much. I could see a good few points that could have scared the shit out of me without that trick.