• Neutral Good
    • Chaotic Good
    • Lawful Neutral
    • True Neutral
    • Chaotic Neutral
    • Lawful Evil
    • Neutral Evil
    • Chaotic Evil

Some of you Baldur's Gate players may know already what I'm talking about, but which alignment would you fit into? By this I mean your general personality or actions, or it could be what you truly feel deep down (most of us are lawful and do not go around smashing people up, but you might well wish you could!).

A rough breakdown on the alignments-

Good

Lawful Good:

You believe in rightfully upholding the law, detest criminals and have a high sense of honour. You believe in the fair treatment of all individuals.

Neutral Good:

You more or less follow your own conscience even if not always on the right side the law, but always act in good faith. An example would be a doctor healing both allies and enemies due to their sense of right and wrong.

Chaotic Good:

You don't play by the rules, but you believe in the greater good. You could eradicate all chavs to ultimately benefit humankind.

Neutral

Lawful Neutral:

You follow the rules set by law without question, but not really primarily due to your own sense of justice. You strictly follow a set of established laws due to reasons other than your conscience.

True Neutral:

You like gray. You definitely might or might not care about things. Your fence outside has your name engraved on it and bares the shape of your buttocks. You might befriend a crab on a desert island to encourage it to build your raft, only to eat it afterwards.

Chaotic Neutral:

You're pretty much an individual who doesn't care much for the law, or evil, and go to any measures to carry out what you believe in.

Evil

Lawful Evil:

You'd like to be a tyrant- upholding the law, but being a right bastard. You might even be someone lawfully killing but getting a buzz out of it. Maybe like annihilating a chav with a particle cannon?

Neutral Evil:

You don't really care about other people, and pretty much make your mind up on the spot. If a side's not winning, you'd switch sides. If you killed someone because they were in your way, you wouldn't care much afterwards. You'll obey the law if it means less trouble for you.

Chaotic Evil:

Death to the infidels! Kill all that do not co-operate! You don't care about the law, other people, and are full of malice. People are only good for use as tools.

It added depth alright but i didn´t notice much change.

There were few things that annoyed me more when your party members started killing each other, especially when your deep in a dungeon and the only two characters capable of healing kill each other

Interesting thread! I came across this concept about a month ago(never played d&d) then looked them all up, and spent ages trying to decide which one'd fit me best, but never really managed it. I'm either a Neutral Good, Chaotic Good, True Neutral or possible Chaotic Neutral. The Neutral Evil desc. strikes me a little bit, but I think there's less evil in me than good and neutrality...

I would probably say neutral good. I'm no fan of criminals, but if I found a known mafia don or someone lying on the street, I'd probably get him to a hospital, then call the cops. I'm also prone to believing that even the most hardened criminals with sufficient support and rehabilitation can be reintegrated back into society.